Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   The AAm Project (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   [2009-03-28] USA fan banner for Paris! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4268)

Ben 09-30-2008 09:29 PM

What do you guys think of that location idea though? I might actually like to attempt it. Starting posting where you're from in this thread I guess!

Ruroshen 09-30-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116479)
What do you guys think of that location idea though? I might actually like to attempt it. Starting posting where you're from in this thread I guess!

I do like the idea, actually...if there's time and space to accomodate it.

Toronto, Ontario here...land of bagged milk, mayonnaise and duck-money. :D

lefty12357 09-30-2008 10:56 PM

I'd be happy to contribute something too. I really like the idea and I think the design looks great...

Idéaliser 10-01-2008 06:48 AM

love the design, looks like she's actually flying :wub:

btw, I'm from upstate New York :o

Roman 10-01-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruroshen (Post 116469)
Hmm, nice. Too bad I'm Canadian...

...oh, all right...I guess I could chip in...so long as you don't mind taking our froot loop-coloured money with ducks on it...

Seriously, though...would a single, solitary maple leaf have been too much to ask...? :p

That's real money? :eek: just kidding. Oh, you Canadians are great. Never ending source of amusement. :p
"Toronto, Ontario here...land of bagged milk, mayonnaise and duck-money." you're killing me here.

I'm in. Hope people see this thread. Don't forget to announce on any and all concert organizing threads. or just email everyone in the world.

lowbeam 10-01-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116456)
Hey all.

Of course printing something that large and shipping it to France isn't cheap. We're talking around $500 here. So that's why we're asking for donations. Let us know if you'd like to contribute, and how much.

I would like to contribute starting at $100 U.S. I was proud to help hold the Alizée Mexico banner during the Monterrey concert and I'd be delighted to help hold this one, or at least help pay. If you write locations, St. Louis for me, I'm from just outside but St. Louis sounds more "French".

Roman 10-01-2008 07:22 AM

Oh yeah, I'm from just outside Sacramento, California, both of which sound Mexican I guess (well, and were of course).

alizee lover 10-01-2008 09:39 AM

I love the desing but maybe the american flag should be more noticable:D cuz what if she doesnt see it. I would contribute too but would need more information on how much its going to be:confused:

outlaw 10-01-2008 12:31 PM

ding!

hmm mine was like ALIZEE: the supernaturally talented

jus a thought:D

Future Raptor Ace 10-01-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatcher42 (Post 116456)
Hey all.

As you probably know, Alizée isn't getting the attention she deserves in France. We'd like to do something at the Grand Rex to help change that!

The idea is to display a massive vinyl banner while waiting outside the concert, either 4x12 or 5x15 feet, representing her American fans. Hopefully this will gain some media attention!

Of course printing something that large and shipping it to France isn't cheap. We're talking around $500 here. So that's why we're asking for donations. Let us know if you'd like to contribute, and how much.

Once we see how many responses we get, and know the exact cost of everything, we'll let each of you know how much to send. It won't be more than your maximum amount, but it may be less!

If you want an idea what you're chipping into, here's a work in progress. The logo's a placeholder, and we still need some text. I wanted to make a cheesy pun on the image and say "we've just flown in from America, and boy are our arms tired" (:p), but I don't know how to express that in French. Any of the experts here have suggestions?

Thanks! And see many of you at the concert! :)

Ben you are the man!!!! This is exactly what we the US fans need to do. Let Alizee and the people of France that she is growing her in the US.

Also I agree with woohoo, make the flag stand out more. I mean make this image scream "America" Maybe put an American flag in the Alizee lettering or something
For the text why not quote her "Why not make the French language known in the US"
The Location idea seems kool