Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What instrument(s) do you play ? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6142)

Aayush 12-01-2010 09:35 AM

What instrument(s) do you play ?

What instruments do you love to play, not necessarily to be a pro in that just for chilling out, in your free time ?

I personally likes Drums a lot, preparing to take the classes after my schooling.
Specially Loïc Ponthieux is my role model. I bet you guess you guys know who Loïc is, if not then give me the pleasure to tell you that he was the drummer of the epic Alizée's En Concert :)

Azhiri 12-01-2010 09:48 AM

I play the clarinet for the most part, but I can also play the piano, violin, flute, cello a little bit, and mallets. :cool:

As for my instrumental influence, I think very highly of my band director, Mr. Stout. Stout plays a lot of different instruments (but then he has to, because he's a director), and he plays each with skill and unrivaled passion. He's truly dedicated his life to music, and he should be commended for the years he's put into improving the high school music program, and the students involved in it. I'm more honored and proud than you could ever know to have the opportunity to work with him each day. :)

djwise 12-01-2010 09:56 AM

I can play the piano & the flute (somewhat out of practice with both, however). As of now, I'm learning to play the bass. I'm decent at it, but I hope to get better.

My influence(s) as far as bassists go are Jaco Pastorius and Bootsy Collins. I want to combine Jaco's technically brilliant, innovative, & beautiful style with Bootsy's pure funkadelic style. I think it would be amazing.

AlizéeInspired 12-01-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwise (Post 189915)
My influence(s) as far as bassists go are Jaco Pastorius and Bootsy Collins. I want to combine Jaco's technically brilliant, innovative, & beautiful style with Bootsy's pure funkadelic style. I think it would be amazing.

Woooo! Boot-say!!! :D

I can play the trumpet. Haven't busted it out in a while though. Played it in band back in middle school but got out of band about half way through my 8th grade year due to my lack of interest in what we were playing and our horrible band director didn't help either. I was pretty good though. Looking back, I probably should have stayed in since I could have easily won competitions and probably could have got a scholarship. As for any other musical instruments, I haven't picked any others up but I haven't really tried either. I'm a very musical person though and pick up things fairly quickly so I do plan on learning the guitar and piano when I can. I wouldn't mind getting a drum set either. Another instrument that I play though is this thing called 'my voice' :rolleyes::p. Not in front of anyone though :o.

Future Raptor Ace 12-01-2010 11:07 PM

I am a drummer

Aayush 12-01-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 190057)
I am a drummer

Hey man please teach me.

Srd93 12-02-2010 01:10 AM

I play the drums, mallets, a tiny bit of piano and some ukelele. I really want to learn bass, though.

My biggest influences are Travis Barker of Blink-182, Steve Gadd (obviously), Dennis Chambers and Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Adarsh 12-02-2010 04:23 AM

i play the drums........:)

Aayush 12-02-2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adarsh (Post 190094)
i play the drums........:)

lol, don't lie bud :p

Adarsh 12-02-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aayush (Post 190101)
lol, don't lie bud :p

not telling lie dude i'm serious......:p