Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Chat Party/Podcast: What's next? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4934)

Ruroshen 07-13-2009 02:02 AM

Chat Party/Podcast: What's next?

The question came up today at the end of today's chat party, as it usually does, of what we're going to do next and when. It's something I'd like to address with more than just the three other people who made it to the end of the voting marathon with me. :p

First of all, I need a bit of a break! :) We've been doing roughly two chat parties a month for seven months now, but with everything else I've got going on, I've only been able to get one podcast a month out the door. As things stand right now, I've got raw material for five or six episodes to get out, and with every new one we record, I'm falling farther and farther behind. (And, frankly, starting to feel a little burned-out in the process.) So I'd like to hold off on recording anything new until I get caught up a little bit.

To that end, I was also wondering if anybody might be interested in helping out. Editing the podcast is actually pretty straightforward (especially for the commentary episodes) and the software is really easy to learn...but it's time-consuming, and I could use a hand or two. And the sooner we get caught up, the sooner we can start recording again. :p

Once we start up again, I think we'll probably move to doing just one recording a month to prevent another backlog like this (unless I can get some help).

I'd also like to test the waters of switching from Ventrilo to Skype again. I know everyone really likes Vent for the ease-of-use, but by all accounts Skype isn't that much more difficult, and will give us better audio quality, which means less work for me on the back end. I'd like to at least try it once to see the difference.

If anyone else has any other ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks!

TheBarrett 07-13-2009 02:19 AM

I think we should definitely hold less heavy-content podcasts with less of an emphasis to package and release them (At least until new single/album). That way it can definitely be a more open-ended chat for everyone, less on the thought processes, and less of a burden for you, because it wasn't that serious in the first place.

Maybe stuff like an introductory podcast, where attending members just introduce themselves, tell their stories, of life, their day, etc., sort of like a discussion blog. It's nothing that everyone wants to hear, but it has a potential for humor and fun, and its less of a focus for you to fix it up and show it to the world!

Perhaps a dedication podcast, a podcast where we honor certain members or a certain member that has contributed heavily to the community, sort of like Comedy Central Roasts, with dedications, speeches, and written experiences from attending members. I'd have to say if this idea is picked, i'm definitely giving the first dedication toast to Brad or Ben (perhaps BOTH!) With this, you could probably combine every dedication podcast into sort of like a compilation or one big awards show podcast, meaning that it will be the least focused upon, the recorded material could be sitting on your computer for months until you gather, say 4 dedication podcasts, to make one whole podcast on it. It's definitely a burden-breaker for you. :)

I'm just shooting ideas, like I always do, you know me. :p

Bigdan 07-13-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruroshen (Post 134385)
I'd also like to test the waters of switching from Ventrilo to Skype again. I know everyone really likes Vent for the ease-of-use, but by all accounts Skype isn't that much more difficult, and will give us better audio quality, which means less work for me on the back end. I'd like to at least try it once to see the difference.

I like the idea ! Cause I'm already on Skype :)

Future Raptor Ace 07-14-2009 01:49 AM

I say we make a pod cast entirely about The AAm Project and what are goals are. Also talk about street teams and our marketing strategy.

edgar93 07-14-2009 01:56 AM

^I think that's a must-do, because it will help us with the organization. We should do it in the near future, with a new album coming soon.

Ruroshen 07-14-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 134387)
I think we should definitely hold less heavy-content podcasts with less of an emphasis to package and release them (At least until new single/album). That way it can definitely be a more open-ended chat for everyone, less on the thought processes, and less of a burden for you, because it wasn't that serious in the first place.

Just to be clear, I don't in any way consider the podcast to be a burden. Far from it. I really enjoy doing it, even the donkey-work of editing. We've just been recording at a faster pace than I can reasonably keep up with right now. I've got a couple other projects on the go at the same time, and I'd like to be able to devote some time to them too, without feeling guilty that I'm so behind with the podcast.

Quote:

Heh, you do have some good ideas. With the fourth album coming out, I don't think we'll be hurting for content for awhile, but these are definitely things we could look at integrating into the show!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 134503)

Yeah, this is a topic I've had in mind for awhile. It'll probably wind up being the first show we do once we're back from hiatus.

edgar93 08-08-2009 10:42 PM

Hey Ruro so when is the next podcast? I think it's time to do one!

:D

TheBarrett 08-08-2009 10:45 PM

You know I think it's time to do one as well, the fact that one actually happens means more activity around here, by like 2%. Your activeness means a lot to me, really. :)

Fish 08-08-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 134387)

Maybe stuff like an introductory podcast, where attending members just introduce themselves, tell their stories, of life, their day, etc., sort of like a discussion blog. It's nothing that everyone wants to hear, but it has a potential for humor and fun, and its less of a focus for you to fix it up and show it to the world!

Perhaps a dedication podcast, a podcast where we honor certain members or a certain member that has contributed heavily to the community, sort of like Comedy Central Roasts, with dedications, speeches, and written experiences from attending members. I'd have to say if this idea is picked, i'm definitely giving the first dedication toast to Brad or Ben (perhaps BOTH!) With this, you could probably combine every dedication podcast into sort of like a compilation or one big awards show podcast, meaning that it will be the least focused upon, the recorded material could be sitting on your computer for months until you gather, say 4 dedication podcasts, to make one whole podcast on it. It's definitely a burden-breaker for you. :)

You know, I was going to suggest the next podcast be about me, but you had to go and make it a serious and valid idea.

Ruroshen 08-09-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgar93 (Post 136535)
Hey Ruro so when is the next podcast? I think it's time to do one!

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 136536)
You know I think it's time to do one as well, the fact that one actually happens means more activity around here, by like 2%. Your activeness means a lot to me, really. :)

Hey, I have my hands full designing a logo and overseeing a contest for us right now! :p

Seriously though, ImRawdg and I have slowly been getting caught back up on the editing, and I think we may actually even skip releasing a few. (The infamous "Hair" episode, for one, and the MCE Thunderdome, which drags on too long and kind of fell apart towards the end after most of the panel left. I'm also on the fence about the Aguascalientes commentary, which had some technical difficulties, and in a lot of ways is just a rehash of the same comments made during the Mexico City and Moscow commentaries.)

So the next episode should be released shortly, and we should be ready to record again soon...within a few weeks, I'd say.

The question is: what do you guys want to talk about? :p