Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Help with my 360 (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1311)

Bob 02-07-2007 01:11 AM

Help with my 360

yes i'm back, i've been reading up on everything too, hope our lili comes back soon. but i'm havin problems with my xbox 360 and knowing quite a few people here are video game players, i was wondering who could help me. my 360 likes to overheat all of a sudden. when i turn it on, it used to play for 15 mins then freeze up. now it will just flash me the 3 red rings of overheatedness. i don't want to deal with microsoft, and it doesn't seem to be a ventilation problem, i've pretty much dangled the system in mid-air while playing to see if it would turn on. thanks all

Spartan500 02-07-2007 01:14 AM

i bought that nyko intercooler for it and i can play all day long. The xbox is right next to my tv and the back of the 360 is like less then 6 inches from the wall and my room is really dusty so i have to dust all the vents every couple of hours or so.

c-dawg777 02-07-2007 01:19 AM

First thing, take the power cable completely out and then plug it in. Try dusting it off and cleaning it thoroughly. If you've done all that, you can either try one of the intercoolers that plugs onto the back of the system or you can take it to a local gaming store and ask them about it or there is the final solution of breaking down and asking microsoft.

Spartan500 02-07-2007 01:22 AM

yeah dont they refurbish consoles at game stores so they probably know

Bob 02-07-2007 01:44 AM

i'll tell you all how it goes mid day tomorrow, thanks for the idea's

bt_bird_90 02-07-2007 01:59 AM

smash it with a hammer, it helps the ventillation

aditya8617 02-07-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 (Post 27996)
smash it with a hammer, it helps the ventillation

That's the best advice. Can't get better than that:D .

General Patton 02-07-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 27991)
yes i'm back, i've been reading up on everything too, hope our lili comes back soon. but i'm havin problems with my xbox 360 and knowing quite a few people here are video game players, i was wondering who could help me. my 360 likes to overheat all of a sudden. when i turn it on, it used to play for 15 mins then freeze up. now it will just flash me the 3 red rings of overheatedness. i don't want to deal with microsoft, and it doesn't seem to be a ventilation problem, i've pretty much dangled the system in mid-air while playing to see if it would turn on. thanks all

Had the same problem the three red LED light that blink is known as the "Ring of Death" this means there has been a mechanical failure.
I dealt with Microsoft and the process went by quickly. This has happened to me and another friend. Just call Microsoft, I didn't even have to wait they answered right away I told them the problem they asked a few questions. After that you'll give them your address then they send in a box to put your 360 in (don't worry its protected) it goes to Microsoft they probably will just give you a new 360 and then a few days later you have your 360 back.

Spartan500 02-07-2007 10:02 PM

thats awesome you should just do that bob

bt_bird_90 02-08-2007 12:46 AM

*pssst* brad, delete some old threads so Bob will have to keep posting!