Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Misc. Alizée Questions! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4918)

user472884 07-07-2009 07:56 PM

Misc. Alizée Questions!

edit- if anybody else has any miscellaneous questions feel free to post them here

-------------------

Does Alizée have another nickname other than Lili/Lilly?

edgar93 07-08-2009 12:04 AM

Misc. Alizée Questions!

I usually have a lot of random questions to ask, and most of the times I don't find the right place to post my question. (When that happens I end up asking Ben :p.)

If you have any question about Alizée, and you are not sure wether you are in the right place to post it, post it here!

Amigo! 07-08-2009 12:25 AM

When you have a question, dooo reeeesearch before posting a question for a change :D. You might even find answers to other questions in your search :cool:

Ready... Set... Go! :p

Jeff 07-08-2009 01:20 AM

I usually end up calling her beautiful ;)

Alizee Mid-West 07-08-2009 04:28 AM

I usually end up calling her the Goddess of Music and Beauty.

wasabi622 07-14-2009 06:22 PM

i have a question: why is she so awesome, adorable, and amazing(many "A"s much?)? it seems totally unfair that such a person(goddess?) could exist.

pepelepew 07-15-2009 01:55 AM

Is the video of the young girl topless @ the beach claiming it to be Alizee really her or not. I did a search of threads here and came up with nothing. I tend to think not, but I figure someone here has the proof one way or another. Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

Amigo! 07-15-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepelepew (Post 134630)
Is the video of the young girl topless @ the beach claiming it to be Alizee really her or not. I did a search of threads here and came up with nothing. I tend to think not, but I figure someone here has the proof one way or another. Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

It's not her, end of story ;)

pepelepew 07-15-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigo! (Post 134631)
It's not her, end of story ;)

You sound very confident and or smug in your reply. How do you know and what is the motivation for someone to keep putting out such a lie. I have confronted them and said as much without being completely confident that the video is untrue. There may not be a logical answer,but if you have one I would like to know. If you would be more comfortable to discuss in a pm I'm cool with that also.:)

Amigo! 07-15-2009 02:21 AM

Like I said in one of my earlier post please do some research first by using the search feature. Even if you have to read through old treads like this one. Yeah It can be a pain in the you know what, but you might find other answers and It might be faster than waiting for someone to give you the answer. :)

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...=strange+video

pepelepew 07-15-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigo! (Post 134635)
Like I said in one of my earlier post please do some research first by using the search feature. Even if you have to read through old treads like this one. Yeah It can be a pain in the you know what, but you might find other answers and It might be faster than waiting for someone to give you the answer. :)

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...=strange+video

Thanks Amigo! As I stated I did a search and never came up with any threads like the one you showed me. Fairly convincing that a native of Ajjacio stated that it is a fake. The last time I came across this video I confronted the author and called it a fake. He came back with" How do you know?" I really didn't know for sure so I couldn't aggressively win the argument. When this thread came up it popped in my head to ask the question. In the big scheme of things it really doesn't matter except I am very protective of Alizee especially defending her honor much like a big brother towards his sister. :mad:

edgar93 07-16-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepelepew (Post 134642)
When this thread came up it popped in my head to ask the question.

Yeah that's why we have this thread pepe, If anyone has any question feel free to ask. What Amigo says is right too, it's good to do some research, it will bring more interesting facts up.
But that doesn't mean you can't ask first :)!

liangminano811 07-16-2009 02:34 AM

Why do not seek help to establish a plate it?

Fralizee 07-16-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 134563)
i have a question: why is she so awesome, adorable, and amazing(many "A"s much?)? it seems totally unfair that such a person(goddess?) could exist.

Alizee is a once in a lifetime find.
A total package like her is very rare, so keep her a secret and enjoy her as long as you can.

wasabi622 07-16-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fralizee (Post 134724)
Alizee is a once in a lifetime find.
A total package like her is very rare, so keep her a secret and enjoy her as long as you can.

oh yea. i plan on enjoying her for as long as im alive.. though i won't be keeping it a secret. ;)

everyone should know about her!

LL Cool B 07-16-2009 02:07 PM

I had posted this question on the "la Isla Bonita Video" thread, but got no response. So I thought I would give it a go here:

I never really understood the circumstances surrounding the La Isla Bonita performance, and Madonna's participation and or snub that took place. So in investigating, I came across this article.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/3am/2...5875-12947448/
(I believe this article is also referenced somewhere else in the thread.)

The article breaks down the events of that night quit well, and was initially satisfactory for me. Until I noticed a date discrepancy. The article is dated 12/05/03, and the La Isla Bonita performance that we all love is dated 06/05/03 (at least according to the credits listed on this site).

So this begs the question, is this Alizee performance part of the show in which Madonna pulled the Snub? Or Is this performance something different all together?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

-B

Ben 07-16-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LL Cool B (Post 134749)
The article is dated 12/05/03, and the La Isla Bonita performance that we all love is dated 06/05/03 (at least according to the credits listed on this site).

Sorry, thought I'd responded to this in the other thread, but must have forgotten. There isn't really a discrepancy here because the dates are in European Day/Month/Year format, i.e. they're only six days apart. And the article does say the event occurred "last week".

Quote:

Originally Posted by liangminano811 (Post 134716)
Why do not seek help to establish a plate it?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking?

LL Cool B 07-16-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 134761)
Sorry, thought I'd responded to this in the other thread, but must have forgotten. There isn't really a discrepancy here because the dates are in European Day/Month/Year format, i.e. they're only six days apart. And the article does say the event occurred "last week".

Thanks for "Splaining" Lucy!

-B

BlackAnthem 07-16-2009 07:38 PM

What is Alizee's middle name, if she has one?

liangminano811 07-16-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 134761)

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking?

Why not add a "help" of the template?

BlackAnthem 07-18-2009 09:37 PM

To what age group does Alizèe appeal most in France?

Eldrick 07-31-2009 05:36 PM

Does anyone know the full circumstances behind Alizee's split with Mylene? I've been looking around trying to find any information on this but no luck so if anyone can fill me in on the details of the split or point me in the direction of relevant threads etc it would be appreciated. Cheers

wasabi622 07-31-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldrick (Post 135977)
Does anyone know the full circumstances behind Alizee's split with Mylene? I've been looking around trying to find any information on this but no luck so if anyone can fill me in on the details of the split or point me in the direction of relevant threads etc it would be appreciated. Cheers

the only thing i can recall is that Alizee wanted more control over her career. apparently under Mylene, she didn't have much of a final say in stuff like pictures and such.

but that's just what i recall from one of the billions of interviews with Alizee i watched. :p

woohoo 07-31-2009 06:06 PM

I think the best question is when is she coming to America. :confused::confused::confused:

Chuck 08-01-2009 01:49 AM

RE: BlackAnthem's Q: - French Fans...

Hey BlackAnthem - I was checking out France's 2 main Alizee fansites, Lillytown.forumactif.net and psychalizee.forumactif.net and found they're mostly a younger cross-section than we are. Most ages going from 13 to 26. A few are older, but not like here, where a couple members were saying they'd gone to see the Beatles. I joined the Lillytown forum, and also noticed they claimed about 420 members--we've got over 2100!

So they're all abuzz about Alizée on tweeterwall over there, too. I haven't tried to tell 'em yet how many of those votes came from the fans at this site! But I'm hoping to eventually get them to see how much she needs to come and take over the rest of America, and how easy it'll be. After that, she could probably even run for president of the world.

Chuck.

TheBarrett 08-01-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 135990)
Hey BlackAnthem - I was checking out France's 2 main Alizee fansites, Lillytown.forumactif.net and psychalizee.forumactif.net and found they're mostly a younger cross-section than we are. Most ages going from 13 to 26. A few are older, but not like here, where a couple members were saying they'd gone to see the Beatles. I joined the Lillytown forum, and also noticed they claimed about 420 members--we've got over 2100!

So they're all abuzz about Alizée on tweeterwall over there, too. I haven't tried to tell 'em yet how many of those votes came from the fans at this site! But I'm hoping to eventually get them to see how much she needs to come and take over the rest of America, and how easy it'll be. After that, she could probably even run for president of the world.

Chuck.

Well in truth, this forum has a massive amount of members (speaking as itself). Behind it all however, we only have about, say, 20-30 people who actually make their voices (or typed words) heard/seen.

Which is a bit of a shame really, why just join to not post at all?

user472884 08-01-2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 134744)
everyone should know about her!

now, oddly I have to disagree with you on that one. I'm just mental in this sense.... but I feel like I want to be the only one in my neighborhood/school/city/state that has the privilege to be infatuated with this 1st wonder of the world.

more specifically.... I'm ok with my family hearing me sing JEAM, but it *unfortunately* makes me feel really violent to think that the guy who sits behind me in math is also thinking about Alizée.......

Jenny_HRO87 08-01-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

I joined the Lillytown forum, and also noticed they claimed about 420 members--we've got over 2100!.

I guess that doesn't mean much... Lillytown has re-founded several times so maybe some fans (e.g. after her long break) didn't re-register... compared to forums like AlizéeAmerica or Alizée-Forum which have much more members but a lot of inactive ones...

lefty12357 08-01-2009 11:18 AM

www.alizee-forum.com has a much larger membership and has been around much longer. And don’t forget the Mexican sites, which represent probably her biggest and most active fan base at the moment.

jung_adore_ALIZEE 08-01-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 133948)
Does Alizée have another nickname other than Lili/Lilly?

this is quite "possible" ;) ;) but best left untouched

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldrick (Post 135977)

there is truly no need to know and once you did know you would most likely wish you'd never wanted to know :rolleyes: ;)

Chuck 08-01-2009 05:28 PM

Yeahh, duh...

Lefty, HR, Barrett, everbody, yeah, you're all right on the mark(s) there...
And after some thought, it seemed (obvious) that she still is immensely popular across a lot of age groups in France, it's just that the older ones aren't as manic as we are. :D

re: Woohoo -<< I think the best question is when is she coming to America. >>
--That IS the question.

BlackAnthem 08-02-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Chuck.

Hey. So sorry about the late get back. That is interesting because I saw a video that looked like a younger crowd, due to her appearance on a Disney show that looked pretty young...

As for the the voting, I really hope you are right. I am not sure if you saw this but under Rca I am trying to work with RCA and my friend there to bring her to the table. I am hoping that goes somewhere; especially with the voting backing us up. I'll keep you updated on this but thanks a lot for the info.

Vorock 08-21-2009 03:07 PM

I did my research on this question but never really did find an answer. I'm sure majority of America knows that Alizée's dance from J'en Ai Marre (sorry if I spelt it wrong :O) is a dance in the MMO World of Warcraft , but does Alizée herself know she's on World of Warcraft? I kinda doubt a hard working woman like Alizée would be playing WoW but I'm just curious if she knows Blizzard uses that dance?

user472884 08-21-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorock (Post 137683)
I did my research on this question but never really did find an answer. I'm sure majority of America knows that Alizée's dance from J'en Ai Marre (sorry if I spelt it wrong :O) is a dance in the MMO World of Warcraft , but does Alizée herself know she's on World of Warcraft? I kinda doubt a hard working woman like Alizée would be playing WoW but I'm just curious if she knows Blizzard uses that dance?

you spelt it perfectly :)

I would assume she knows because Blizzard would have had to contact her or her manager or whoever "owns" that dance.

Criss_pl 08-21-2009 06:53 PM

I'am absolutely sure that she knows. Remember that it was long time ago and she wasn't working all the time.
Maybe Blizzard wouldn't contacted Her, thoug it's almost impossible I think. But that was only inspired by her dance, I doubt if she registered trademark (maybe she should :)). Even if, she had so much time to discover it. Maybe she played WoW :) just to see it.
Maybe it's a good thing that some people recognize her dance. Exactly through such things people dig further, they want to know and ask themselves: "Who the hell she is?"

wasabi622 08-22-2009 01:36 AM

can you even own a "dance"?? i mean.. if the lyrics aren't there and they're not using her face, can they sorta bypass it?

'sides, didn't Alizee have to fight to get the rights to her songs once she split from Mylene?

lefty12357 08-22-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 137719)
can you even own a "dance"?? i mean.. if the lyrics aren't there and they're not using her face, can they sorta bypass it?

'sides, didn't Alizee have to fight to get the rights to her songs once she split from Mylene?

Choreography can be copyrighted, but I don't know the details. I would imagine Mylene and/or her collaborators created the JEAM dance.

Alizée never had rights to the Mylene era songs. The only thing Alizée would have rights to is her performance of the songs on the sound recording. The rights to the songs themselves are controlled by the writers and the publishing company, in this case MB/LB. Of course these rights can be further reasigned by written contract. That doesn't mean Alizée can't perform them. It just means she would have to pay the appropriate fee for each song she uses.

Vorock 08-22-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criss_pl (Post 137699)
I'am absolutely sure that she knows. Remember that it was long time ago and she wasn't working all the time.
Maybe Blizzard wouldn't contacted Her, thoug it's almost impossible I think. But that was only inspired by her dance, I doubt if she registered trademark (maybe she should :)). Even if, she had so much time to discover it. Maybe she played WoW :) just to see it.
Maybe it's a good thing that some people recognize her dance. Exactly through such things people dig further, they want to know and ask themselves: "Who the hell she is?"

What are the chances of a woman like Alizee actually playing WoW? But then again, people you least expect play that game. Like Dave Chappelle. Even if she doesn't know it I'm very proud Blizzard put her dance in the game. I know a lot of Americans discovered her that way. BTW, I read that a new mmo Blizzard is working on is also going to have Alizee's dance in it. Somebody must be an Alizee fan over there :D! But It's also sad that more people know about the dance as a Night Elf thing than her own dance :(.

Criss_pl 08-22-2009 11:51 AM

That about playing Wow I meant, that maybe someone just showed her the game, or she just played to see that dance:) what is of course an absurd.
Or Jeremy was playing:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorock (Post 137835)
But It's also sad that more people know about the dance as a Night Elf thing than her own dance :(.

But maybe just part of them seen or heard that part or all(?) the dances was inspired by real performances, they want to see original dance, maybe some of them search further when they see such an beauitiful lady:)

Vorock 08-22-2009 07:43 PM

Oh guys! I discovered something on Wikipedia.org. Alizée's record company used to be Polydor which is owned by a French company named Vinvedi. And which company owns Blizzard? Yeah... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ned_by_Vivendi
Thought I'd share this. :)