Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Four short years of the magic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8030)

Ray4AJ 04-26-2016 09:27 PM

Four short years of the magic

It's been four years today since I discovered Alizée. It was a very fortunate accident. Even though I knew no French I could see there was something special about her, and I have benefited from it ever since.

Somehow I suddenly accepted myself as I am in the days that followed the discovery. So far that hasn't faded.

I dedicated today to celebrating Alizée. Listened to her music, (which I do every day already) re watched the dance routines from DALS4, and I'm watching the En Concert DVD right now in a window on the pc. It's been another great day.

I wouldn't have expected the magic to last this long but now I hope it lasts forever. :thumb:

ALS 04-26-2016 10:32 PM

Eleven years and five months for me. :dance:

I discovered Alizée the last week of November 2004.

deligna 04-28-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 255735)

I discovered Alizée the last week of November 2004.

11 YEARS? Thats crazy! I only saw her for the first time about 2 years ago, dident think she was too special the first time i saw her as i really just saw a couple of seconds of her. 1 year ago was when i really discovered her...
I assume you've gathered quite a large collection of photos and videos right?

Scruffydog777 04-29-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deligna (Post 255744)
11 YEARS? Thats crazy! I only saw her for the first time about 2 years ago, dident think she was too special the first time i saw her as i really just saw a couple of seconds of her. 1 year ago was when i really discovered her...

Nine years for me now. I wasn't too impressed the first time I saw her either which was with her La Isla Bonita performance. Sure she was beautiful, but she was singing someone else's song. I wondered if she had anything good of her own? I searched and it found one jaw hitting the floor performance after another.

Ajaccio 04-29-2016 05:17 PM

It's so funny - it was nothing but a simple coincidence that made us discover the charms of the French angel and turned our lives around drastically.

I wish you many more Alizée days to come!

Ray4AJ 04-29-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS (Post 255735)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 255751)
Nine years for me now.

That's great guys! It gives me encouragement that I'm only now at the beginning of my fandomness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deligna (Post 255744)

I think that was directed to ALS, but the thought has made me reflect back on my experience with the photos and videos these past years. In the beginning I couldn't get enough of the videos of not just performances, but especially interviews. Something about her expressions as she considered how to answer questions, and how she reacted to her surroundings. Anyway, thinking about it now I notice that I don't watch any of the old videos anymore, or almost never. I just watch the new clips and shows once and then wait for the next one. I'm still trying to figure out what that means. :13:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaccio (Post 255755)
It's so funny - it was nothing but a simple coincidence that made us discover the charms of the French angel and turned our lives around drastically.

I wish you many more Alizée days to come!

Good observation! And, thanks!

DannyMac524 05-01-2016 09:20 PM

10 plus years for me. It was love at first sight!

Scruffydog777 05-02-2016 12:01 AM

Hey DannyMac! I'll probably have another Les Enfoires disc for you to bring to the Cultural center when I get back from my trip.

Un-rêve 07-17-2016 12:25 AM

I know Alizée will be with me for life as I'm sure she will be for many others.. but nonetheless I still can't believe it will be fifteen years for me this year since I discovered her charms as it seems like yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxqnFJ3lp5k

Fall 07-19-2016 08:07 AM

It's been 7 years for me :D I'm still a big fan, in fact, I have Psych in my car's CD player.
En Concert in the glove compartment :)