Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Translations (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anthony's Analyses of Alizée's songs (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677)

garçoncanadien 04-26-2007 07:04 PM

Anthony's Analyses of Alizée's songs

I have found some beautiful analyses of Alizée's lyrics on the alliance; they are so incredibly insightful and give so much new meaning into the songs that I wanted to share them with you. The following are translations from the original French - all original documents courtesy of Anthony.

A contre-courant

Abracadabra

Amélie m'a dit

Coeur déjà pris

L'émail a des ailes

Hey! Amigo!

L'Alizé

Moi Lolita

Parler tout bas

Tempête

J'en ai marre (caution this translation rated R for mature audiences only, also document not written by Anthony)

Gourmandises

Lui ou Toi (courtesy of Homer)

garçoncanadien 05-24-2007 10:12 AM

all analyses in known existence have now been translated. if you find another one, let me know :D

CFHollister 05-24-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garçoncanadien (Post 41437)
all analyses in known existence have now been translated. if you find another one, let me know :D

Awsome. Thanks garçon! :D

Chommpers 06-12-2007 04:42 PM

Awesome thanks for posting been fun to check out what some of the songs mean. My french is not very good so I cant understand the songs to well. I just like the sound of it.

Deus_Ex 06-13-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garçoncanadien (Post 38513)
I have found some beautiful analyses of Alizée's lyrics on the alliance; they are so incredibly insightful and give so much new meaning into the songs that I wanted to share them with you. The following are translations from the original French - all original documents courtesy of Anthony.

A contre-courant

Abracadabra

Amélie m'a dit

Coeur déjà pris

L'émail a des ailes

Hey! Amigo!

L'Alizé

Moi Lolita

Parler tout bas

Tempête

J'en ai marre (caution this translation rated R for mature audiences only, also document not written by Anthony)

Gourmandises

Lui ou Toi (courtesy of Homer)

so what's the general consensus for the actual meaning of I'm fed up?

CFHollister 06-13-2007 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus_Ex (Post 44513)
so what's the general consensus for the actual meaning of I'm fed up?

Make sure you mean "I'm Fed Up" as opposed to "J'en ai marre" (I'm Fed Up is not a translation of J'en ai marre). I'd say that there might be some meaningful discussion on the interpretation of JEAM, while IFU is just an English version which preserves some of the surface content of JEAM while any real meaning is thrown out the window in order to make it sound good (rhyme and all that) in English.

Jesse78 06-17-2007 07:06 PM

Whoever came up with this analyses for J`en ai marre is a crackhead.That`s not what she`s singing about....She`s just fed up with the bullsh*t that`s going on around her and not in that nasty kind of way it was interpreted....Unbelievable.

espire 06-17-2007 07:10 PM

That's the way you're looking at it. Don't doubt the crazy yet genius ideas that go through Mylène's head, she is amazingly apt at allowing both a clean and a dirty meaning to be clearly visible.

P.S. TWO HUNDREDTH POST! W00T!

Geech 06-17-2007 10:32 PM

I do argee that is a little over the top but some people can be very very creative and I'm going to stick with that. What he thinks is way over the top but none the less I guess it would make since in a really weird way. But me personal think that she is just fed up with everything around here and we'll leave it at that.

Deepwaters 06-17-2007 10:38 PM

It's only a little over the top. He may find too many hidden meanings in too many lines, but the general idea of masturbating in the bathtub is certainly there. I am also not convinced that the song has quite the rejection-of-men theme that Anthony is giving it, and honestly that isn't necessary; all one needs as a motivation is to be horny and between relationships.

If you want further indication, watch the JEAM dance once more with that idea in mind, and look where Alizée's hands go during certain parts of the song.