Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Languages you can speak/learning ? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6144)

Aayush 12-01-2010 11:59 AM

Languages you can speak/learning ?

So guys how many languages(regional as well as national) you can speak or are in the intermediate stage or trying to learning any ?

Tom 12-01-2010 12:15 PM

I'm fluent in Swedish and at least understandable in English. Well, I know for sure that I'm the best one in my class in English (Yeah... you can imagine how bad they must be. :p). I'm learning some French on my own and I know it better than the German I learned for 3 years in school, probably because I really want to learn it and also because our teacher was so bad. In Spanish, I only know some easy words and sentences.

user472884 12-01-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 189973)
I'm fluent in Swedish and at least understandable in English. Well, I know for sure that I'm the best one in my class in English (Yeah... you can imagine how bad they must be. :p). I'm learning some French on my own and I know it better than the German I learned for 3 years in school, probably because I really want to learn it and also because our teacher was so bad. In Spanish, I only know some easy words and sentences.

Don't worry man, English is in my opinion the hardest language that uses the Latin alphabet.

I can speak: English, Spanish, and French

Studying: Italian, German, Irish Gaelic (yes, there's a difference), and if I get all of <-- fluent the. I'll try Russian)

Junkmale 12-01-2010 03:43 PM

'Irish Gaelic'

Jalen

I'm not being rude but do you mind if i ask you why?
Irish is the most useless language known to man.
No country in the world (including the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) use it??
It is the Official language of the ROI but it's not used on a daily basis apart from in a minute number of Irish speaking areas.
It is used here in NI as a bit of a political 'football' but i just can't see the point in learning to speak a language which is as dead as the Dodo?

As for me i have English and a little bit of Serbo/Croat. I'm trying to learn Polish at the minute. Failed my first exam a few weeks ago!

woohoo 12-01-2010 03:48 PM

Im learning spanish right now. Im in my 5th year now and still need alot of practice and study. Hopefully I can become fluent.

user472884 12-01-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkmale (Post 189998)
'Irish Gaelic'

shits and giggles mainly,

but other than that I like the way it sounds, and the grammar fascinates me

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NmrcKZix7w4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NmrcKZix7w4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

^win

Plus, should I ever be kidnapped and taken in a white van to a scary, irish speaking ghetto of Mexico, I'll be able to talk my way out

Aayush 12-02-2010 12:07 AM

I'm pretty fluent in Hindi(National language) and I can speak well many regional languages(like 11 or 12, it proves that India has a huge cultural heritage :p). Decent English speaker. French is on way(but will definitely take some time as I'm unable to give it the required time).

Merci Alizée 12-02-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aayush (Post 190068)
I'm pretty fluent in Hindi(National language) and I can speak well many regional languages(like 11 or 12, it proves that India has a huge cultural heritage :p). Decent English speaker. French is on way(but will definitely take some time as I'm unable to give it the required time).

Would you like to tell which are those 11 or 12? :p

Aayush 12-02-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 190071)
Would you like to tell which are those 11 or 12? :p

With much pleasure :)
3 state languages, Marwadi(my own language), sindhi & punjabi( a lil by the support of my neighbours), Rajasthani( pretty much similar to Marwadi), Nepali(learned from my Karate master) & bengali(pretty interesting language, still in progress).
Ok, a total of 11 languages I know and French is on way, so a total of 12.
I'm total fluent in Hindi & English, other languages I have learned a little due to my immense interest of learning different languages by the support of my friends and relatives. Actually there are many more different speaker in my surrounding but what they speak is totally different from Hindi, that's why I failed to understand & learn those :p

Adarsh 12-02-2010 04:38 AM

I'm fluent in Hindi,English,Oriya(own language) and little bit bhojpuri, bengali and also punjabi.......:)