Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Official News Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834)

CFHollister 06-03-2007 07:37 AM

Official News Discussion

Seeing as the Official News Thread is closed (as it should be), I though it might be nice to have a thread for discussing the official news. Particularly since I had a question to throw out there and also thought this situation my come up again in future.

Official News item:
"-Alizée was mentioned yesterday on the TF1 show, "Attention à la marche!". The question was: "Out of 100 teens, how many think that Alizée is still trendy?" Answer: 40%."

Question:
Do you think we should view this 40% figure as: 1) a positive sign that Alizée has mainted this level of popularity despite her long break, 2) pessimistically that it is only 40%, or 3) do you think the small sample (which may not be representantive) doesn't really give us enough useful information to make a judgement?

RMJ 06-03-2007 08:32 AM

Well, I don't know the error margin but 40% sounds a lot.

40% of all teens would be millions of people.

And 40% is a lot if you consider how much she's been on public lately.

RadioactiveMan 06-03-2007 08:54 AM

40% is very considerable. It's not like it would have been 100% even when she was popular. I was impressed when I saw the figure.

SupaKrupa 06-03-2007 08:54 AM

I think it's a positive sign that people think something more than 4 years ago is still trendy :)

But at the same time, the sample isn't big enough. For all we know the 40% were gay, or mostly girls etc.

Drake498 06-03-2007 10:10 AM

yeah, the survery is way too small if they just asked 100 teens, and =like Kupra said, we don't know the specifics either

Zack -Alizee Lover- 06-03-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake498 (Post 43216)
yeah, the survery is way too small if they just asked 100 teens, and =like Kupra said, we don't know the specifics either

You dont need hundreds of people to do that kind of surveys... 100 teens is just enough.

Drake498 06-03-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- (Post 43235)
You dont need hundreds of people to do that kind of surveys... 100 teens is just enough.

100 is a really small survey, idk how you consider only 100 participants to give any conclusive results, maybe general, but it would be too generalized for anything specific or more accurate

brad 06-03-2007 12:35 PM

you also have to keep in mind that if they only asked teenagers today, a lot of the people that were really fans of Alizée aren't teenagers anymore. I mean Gourmandises came out 7 years ago ..

That said, getting 40% of people to agree on anything is still very respectable.

JCC 06-03-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFHollister (Post 43200)
Seeing as the Official News Thread is closed (as it should be), I though it might be nice to have a thread for discussing the official news. Particularly since I had a question to throw out there and also thought this situation my come up again in future.

Official News item:
"-Alizée was mentioned yesterday on the TF1 show, "Attention à la marche!". The question was: "Out of 100 teens, how many think that Alizée is still trendy?" Answer: 40%."

Question:
Do you think we should view this 40% figure as: 1) a positive sign that Alizée has mainted this level of popularity despite her long break, 2) pessimistically that it is only 40%, or 3) do you think the small sample (which may not be representantive) doesn't really give us enough useful information to make a judgement?

I thought 40% was quite low, but then you realize the length of time she's been gone. For someone whose been out of the public eye for more than 3 years, thats pretty good!

So for me, i'd take #1 to your question

lefty12357 06-03-2007 12:56 PM

40% sounds great, but it's the word 'trendy' that I wonder about. Is this about style and appearance or her music? Will it translate into new CD sales? It would be interesting to know what age groups will be buying Alizée's CD's the most.