Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée News (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Official Store (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5703)

Jake04 10-27-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee (Post 186061)
Christmas-season gift shopping starts in less than a month. Share the gift of Alizée with someone you care about by shopping at her online store! If you live near to other American-resident Alizée fans, you can save a lot on shipping across the Atlantic Ocean by batching your orders together, financing the purchase of even more items! And think about how cool it would be to sponsor a local sports team called the Alizées, all of whom wear Alizée-brand tee-shirts! (Be sure to send us a photo of them.)

To get yourself in the mood, download Alizée's free Christmas 2009 song with Tahiti Boy & The Palmtree Family.

Great idea! I should have thought about it before I placed my order. I could have saved some money in shipping cost, which I could have used to buy more of her stuff.
I have a question though: How come she's only selling UEDS at her store? Does it mean, she no longer get any royalty from her earlier albums?

wasabi622 10-27-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee (Post 186061)
Christmas-season gift shopping starts in less than a month. Share the gift of Alizée with someone you care about by shopping at her online store! If you live near to other American-resident Alizée fans, you can save a lot on shipping across the Atlantic Ocean by batching your orders together, financing the purchase of even more items! And think about how cool it would be to sponsor a local sports team called the Alizées, all of whom wear Alizée-brand tee-shirts! (Be sure to send us a photo of them.)

To get yourself in the mood, download Alizée's free Christmas 2009 song with Tahiti Boy & The Palmtree Family.

Christmas... *drifts off*

Can't believe it's less than 2 months away! :eek:

Roman 10-28-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 186083)
...I have a question though: How come she's only selling UEDS at her store? Does it mean, she no longer get any royalty from her earlier albums?

Yeah, that's a really good question.

FanDeAliFee 10-28-2010 03:52 AM

Sub rosa deals, or Moscow on the Hudson problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 186083)
...How come she's only selling UEDS at her store? Does it mean, she no longer get any royalty from her earlier albums?

I don't know how music recording deals are structured now, but please note that her stuff has been published under more than a single label. First it was Polydor, then RCA, and now Sony's Jive/Epic division, working in concert with her family firm, Wisteria Song.

Even if her contracts with previous labels were to provide her no further royalties, one would think that they would find it of advantage to buy ad space in her store which links to retail channels which sell her old stuff. When Sony signed her, she may have gotten a sweeter deal by agreeing to stipulations which limit how she can promote the work she did for other labels. If someone can only afford to buy a single Alizée album, I don't doubt that Sony wants them to choose the one which they publish.

I do not have time to search for a citation, but I recall Alizée quoted as saying something like that her deal with Sony lets her control UEdS as well. I interpreted that to mean she enjoys additional privileges and responsibilities for the sale of this album than was the case for her previous ones. This may incentivise a concentration on UEdS, because of a better margin.

In theory, there is "infinite free shelf space" on a Web site, so one could think that low-margin, low-velocity wares might be as welcome as high-margin, high-velocity ones.

But while in theory, giving someone more choices makes it more likely that one of them better meets his needs and desires, having to endure the burden of investigating which is the optimal mutually exclusive choice can lead to paralysis - not just delaying, but even losing, a sale. I call this the Moscow on the Hudson problem, after a famous scene in a movie of that title a generation ago. In it, Robin Williams plays a Soviet-era Russian entertainer who gets asylum in the US. At first hosted by a local family, he is sent on a shopping errand to buy coffee, as shown in the clip below.

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-260444726518487860&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

Jake04 10-28-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee (Post 186185)
I don't know how music recording deals are structured now, but please note that her stuff has been published under more than a single label. First it was Polydor, then RCA, and now Sony's Jive/Epic division, working in concert with her family firm, Wisteria Song.

Even if her contracts with previous labels were to provide her no further royalties, one would think that they would find it of advantage to buy ad space in her store which links to retail channels which sell her old stuff. When Sony signed her, she may have gotten a sweeter deal by agreeing to stipulations which limit how she can promote the work she did for other labels. If someone can only afford to buy a single Alizée album, I don't doubt that Sony wants them to choose the one which they publish.

I do not have time to search for a citation, but I recall Alizée quoted as saying something like that her deal with Sony lets her control UEdS as well. I interpreted that to mean she enjoys additional privileges and responsibilities for the sale of this album than was the case for her previous ones. This may incentivise a concentration on UEdS, because of a better margin.

In theory, there is "infinite free shelf space" on a Web site, so one could think that low-margin, low-velocity wares might be as welcome as high-margin, high-velocity ones.

But while in theory, giving someone more choices makes it more likely that one of them better meets his needs and desires, having to endure the burden of investigating which is the optimal mutually exclusive choice can lead to paralysis - not just delaying, but even losing, a sale. I call this the Moscow on the Hudson problem, after a famous scene in a movie of that title a generation ago. In it, Robin Williams plays a Soviet-era Russian entertainer who gets asylum in the US. At first hosted by a local family, he is sent on a shopping errand to buy coffee, as shown in the clip below.

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-260444726518487860&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

Thanks again for the info, FanDeAliFee. I just hope she still gets some royalties from her earlier work as I plan on buying all her older albums.

Roman 10-29-2010 03:08 AM

Ok, well that explanation seemed to veer off on it's own mind train a bit at the end especially, however... It might explain something. Namely what I figured, which is that Alizée wanted to concentrate on her current release. Since Sony was the parent company of RCA I assume that means that they have all the rights that RCA did in her previous album Psychédélices. So, as Sony is only 'licensing' this album, perhaps Alizée and her collaborators are keeping all revenues and thus would prefer we not be distracted.

Of course, there's also the possibility that she just wanted to advance her new image with a new crowd that she figured probably wouldn't like her older works. And of course, when I say she I could just as easily be saying Jean-René Etienne. He has followed her around everywhere this year, apparently her manager.

Jake04 10-29-2010 04:02 AM

That happens in the entertainment industry. I remember the beatles selling their rights to all or most of their songs before Michael Jackson bought them in an auction. I guess we should then concentrate on promoting her newer album than the old ones.

Jake04 11-25-2010 03:37 AM

Woohoo! Just got my Alizee official t-shirt today or should I say yesterday? However, I guess their Large is just a Medium here. Oh well, now I already have a Christmas present for my daughter!:D

PS: I checked how many members were logged in right now. It almost made me sad because there were only two of us (me and Tom). However, when I look at the number of guess, there were 404! Wow! That's the most that I've seen here!

Tom 11-25-2010 04:34 AM

404 guests? You must've meant 40 or 44 because now there's 28. :p
The most guests I have seen online at the same time is about 80-90, it was around her birthday.

There's not a lot of people online at this hour as it is night in the US. The clock in New York should be 04:30 AM right now and 01:30 AM in Los Angeles.

Btw, I've also been thinking of getting a T-Shirt. :p

Aayush 11-25-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 188994)
Woohoo! Just got my Alizee official t-shirt

Congratulations :)

Jake04 11-27-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 188998)
404 guests? You must've meant 40 or 44 because now there's 28. :p
The most guests I have seen online at the same time is about 80-90, it was around her birthday.

There's not a lot of people online at this hour as it is night in the US. The clock in New York should be 04:30 AM right now and 01:30 AM in Los Angeles.

Btw, I've also been thinking of getting a T-Shirt. :p

I'm positive. We had 404 guests here. I had to take a second look because I couldn't believe it myself. I always check how many members and guests we have here everytime I visit. It went down to 137 by the time I finished posting here and checking a couple of threads. I hope we get more members here.

BTW. Don't forget, their large seems to be just a medium here.

Merci Alizée 11-27-2010 11:17 PM

Numbers do not reflect reality everytime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 189146)
I'm positive. We had 404 guests here. I had to take a second look because I couldn't believe it myself. I always check how many members and guests we have here everytime I visit. It went down to 137 by the time I finished posting here and checking a couple of threads. I hope we get more members here.

BTW. Don't forget, their large seems to be just a medium here.

Maybe some searchbot went crazy at that time. ;)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9q4Ry8K81g8/TP...00/guests2.jpg

Aayush 11-27-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 189146)

Firstly it was hard believing that fact but man when i saw it today it was showing 419 users online(4 members, 415 guests):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Super awesome indeed :D:D

Jake04 11-28-2010 03:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 189253)
Maybe some searchbot went crazy at that time. ;)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9q4Ry8K81g8/TP...00/guests2.jpg

Thanks MA. I knew I wasn't dreaming. :D I was also posting on a boxing site around that time and I was using Alizee picture as my avatar and this site's address as my sig as my way of promoting her. I'll try it again tonight.:D

Edit:

No one can resist this photo of Lilly. :D

Merci Alizée 11-28-2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 189293)
Thanks MA. I knew I wasn't dreaming. :D I was also posting on a boxing site around that time and I was using Alizee picture as my avatar and this site's address as my sig as my way of promoting her. I'll try it again tonight.:D

Edit:

No one can resist this photo of Lilly. :D

The picture that posted is from today and sorry for ruining your excitement, but whenever you see an abrupt increase in the number of users of the site, then it doesn't mean that there are actually those many users. Most of the time it's single user and multiple IP addresses. Same thing happened today also. I believe there about 100 - 150 different users instead of 400.

Jake04 11-28-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 189300)
The picture that posted is from today and sorry for ruining your excitement, but whenever you see an abrupt increase in the number of users of the site, then it doesn't mean that there are actually those many users. Most of the time it's single user and multiple IP addresses. Same thing happened today also. I believe there about 100 - 150 different users instead of 400.

That sucks! Single user with multiple IP addresses? How would that be possible? Do we have members or users here who use multiple computers at the same time to visit this forum? Or was that a network issue of some sort?

Tiwaz 11-29-2010 03:42 PM

They sit behind 7 proxies.

Människöpesten 11-29-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiwaz (Post 189592)
They sit behind 7 proxies.

durrrhurrr i get it.

Merci Alizée 12-03-2010 08:09 AM

ALIZEE STORE: Last days before closing ! - Alizée Store will be closed for two weeks on Tuesday December 7th... http://tumblr.com/xn8yf6io3

User22 12-03-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merci Alizée (Post 190633)
ALIZEE STORE: Last days before closing ! - Alizée Store will be closed for two weeks on Tuesday December 7th... http://tumblr.com/xn8yf6io3

Thanks for posting this!!! Everyone hurry up and order!!!

battousai 12-03-2010 08:06 PM

Wouldn't it be awesome if the store got new shirts and items rather then just a restock? If so I know what i'm getting myself as a late Christmas gift.

User22 12-03-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battousai (Post 190775)
Wouldn't it be awesome if the store got new shirts and items rather then just a restock? If so I know what i'm getting myself as a late Christmas gift.

Same here :) so do you guys think they will restock or not? Is this the last we will see of the Alizee Store?

Karin 12-03-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 190778)
Same here :) so do you guys think they will restock or not? Is this the last we will see of the Alizee Store?

I personally dont think so... I think they will have only christmas break and nothing new after 2 weeks

User22 12-03-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 190779)
I personally dont think so... I think they will have only christmas break and nothing new after 2 weeks

Oh woops, i forgot they said they will only be closed down for 2 weeks. My bad haha

Iwillmeether 12-04-2010 11:50 PM

Does Lili work the store?
It kinda feels like it's just her and Jeremy running it out of their home. What do you guys think?

Azhiri 12-04-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwillmeether (Post 190918)
It kinda feels like it's just her and Jeremy running it out of their home. What do you guys think?

This is what I think too. With nothing really.. well.. going on, she HAS to be doing something.

ed2010 12-05-2010 12:35 AM

The Alizée store

My experience with the store was a good one. I placed an order for 2 shirts, and a bunch of buttons. There was a mix up, and the order fell through the cracks. I sent an email, and the folks there were sorry, and to make up for not getting the items out on time, they sent along a bunch of stickers and even more buttons. ( and sent it express too ) In plenty of time for Christmas ( the items are a gift ).

Will I shop there again? You can count on it.

user472884 12-05-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwillmeether (Post 190918)

I highly doubt it.

We've never really seen her do anything "on her own". She's always influenced or limited or accompanied by someone (hell, even at our autograph session fro-dude (as I call him) was there)

I'm sure she said at one point "shit, let's make some t-shirts!" and snapped her fingers and it was done.

ed2010 12-05-2010 03:57 AM

who owns the store?

in case you wondered, here is the official whois info for the domain,
alizeestore.com:

domain: alizeestore.com
reg_created: 2010-05-22 21:13:52
expires: 2011-05-22 21:13:52
created: 2010-05-22 23:08:55
changed: 2010-05-22 23:59:59
transfer-prohibited: yes
ns0: a.dns.gandi.net
ns1: b.dns.gandi.net
ns2: c.dns.gandi.net
owner-c:
nic-hdl: JC5849-GANDI
owner-name: Wisteria Song
organisation: Wisteria Song
person: Jeremy Chatelain
city: Etiolles

so, it looks as if it was registered by Jeremy and Wisteria Song.

Mon Maquis 12-05-2010 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 190778)

The store is run from: https://www.shopify.com/services/signup

The site collects the money and you can use the shopping cart. You "Alizee" has to send the items out.

If I were to guess, I would say she does not want to pay the monthly fee's anymore / does not want to spend her time shipping stuff and wants to cancel her account by January.

She tells "You" to buy all you can, so that she has some spending $ for Christmas and to blow out what she has left in inventory.

I say its the last we see of this store.

User22 12-05-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 190937)
I'm sure she said at one point "shit, let's make some t-shirts!" and snapped her fingers and it was done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed2010 (Post 190945)
it looks as if it was registered by Jeremy and Wisteria Song.

Hmmm...this stands out to me for some reason :p

Yah Alizee! Keep Jeremy in line :p

alizeefan 12-06-2010 08:23 PM

Just got a facebook post saying this is it -

Alizée
ALIZEE STORE: Last hours before closing !

http://www.alizeestore.com/

and here is the previous post

Mark as SpamReport as AbuseAlizée ALIZEE STORE: Last days before closing !

Alizée Store will be closed for two weeks on Tuesday December 7th at 10:00 pm (GMT+1).
If you expect Alizée goods for Christmas, hurry up.
The last orders will be shipped on Wednesday December 8th.

So yeah they probably go away for Xmas and don't want people expecting an Xmas delivery since they won't have time.

Sorry if someone already said all this which i know sorta did anyway in a hurry myself here . . .

User22 12-06-2010 08:27 PM

Thanks AlizeeFan for reposting though. It'll help remind people :)

Iwillmeether 12-06-2010 09:22 PM

I sure hope it comes back! I didn't get to buy a shirt yet!!! (super sad face)

Människöpesten 12-06-2010 10:16 PM

TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS. that should be their motto.

User22 12-30-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Thursday, 30th December 2010 at 17:07
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...74wio1_400.png

News from Alizée Store

We’re late, sorry!
We’re putting together a new Alizée Store and it’s taking a little longer than we thought. We’ll be back soon with new stuff designed by Alizée for the first time…

Petit contretemps, désolés…
Nous préparons le nouvel Alizée Store, mais nous avons besoin d’un peu plus de temps que prévu. Rendez-vous très bientôt. Et cette fois-ci Alizée a pris les choses en main…
News from the Alizée Store:D

And finally we got to see pictures of her iMac and her on her iMac:wub:

AceTone 12-30-2010 11:39 AM

It looks like she's struggling to find the é.

Deepwaters 12-30-2010 11:42 AM

She says she designed the new stuff herself, or some of it anyway. That should be interesting to see.

Fèvier 12-30-2010 11:43 AM

Wow. That's one huge screen!!!!

Iwillmeether 12-30-2010 12:08 PM

YEEESSS!!!! I am so happy!!! And did you see that pic of her at the computer??? Could somebody pleease make me an awesome sig out of that?