Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles and Blog (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   The Alizée Hub [girlpop.hopto.me]: A User Guide and FAQ (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7479)

digimaze 09-01-2010 04:44 PM

The Alizée Hub [girlpop.hopto.me]: A User Guide and FAQ

this is the third time my entire FAQ has been posted from my Hub thread.

Rev 12-16-2016 11:36 PM

Is this still current?

Scruffydog777 12-17-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 257489)
Is this still current?

If you're asking if the Hub is still open for business (I had heard some time ago it might close.), I was able to sign in to it this morning.

Rev 12-21-2016 01:29 AM

I mean the above information. The post is over 3 1/2 years old.

digimaze 12-27-2016 02:32 PM

Reality check

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 257509)
I mean the above information. The post is over 3 1/2 years old.

Why don't you check the actual HUB THREAD? The info has been updated twice this year which is more than enough considering that for all intent and purposes Alizee's career as a Pop Singer is OVER. She was dropped by her record label nearly two years ago and selling a few thousand copies of her last two albums will hardly inspire anyone else in the record industry to sign her. Success in the Pop Music field is dependent on you being POPULAR: you either sell lots of records or you're GONE.

Truth be told, she has never been much of a singer and as one Sony executive joked, the album "5" was named for the number of times Sony Music had to send her back to the studio to "fix" her vocals. Unless you are willing to accept her new role as a "television celebrity" and a dancer you're living in a world of fantasy. Alizee seems very comfortable as a wife and mother, an occasional guest star and dance partner to her new husband and to infer that "if Alizee doesn't make a new record I will hold my breath until I die." Sorry, but I don't think she cares to shape her life around the perceived needs of an ever-shrinking group of fan boys. When I joined the Alizee fan community over thirteen years ago there was AF and my Hub... and BOTH seem to be going away.

Alizee was a manufactured Pop Idol whose style, image and songs were a creation of one of the most successful songwriting and video production teams of the last 30 years and an icon in French Music, Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.

Against the advice of most in the music industry, in 2006 after an ill-timed and virtually career ending "baby break" she decided that she wanted to become a chanteuse, or "serious singer" despite having no training as a vocalist, and no demonstrated skill as a songwriter. Like Britney Spears, Paula Abdul and BoA before her, she had primarily been trained as a DANCER, and relied on the skills of trained songwriters and producers until such time as she could realistic assume those jobs herself, and rely on studio wizardry to "fix" her singing and lipsynching for her "live" appearances.

But in 2007, after a year-long struggle to find someone willing to sign her (her demos were rejected by most major labels due to the previously mentioned "weak vocals" and only one song that sounded like a potential hit: Fifty Sixty), she was signed by RCA Records, mainly based on her Mylene Farmer-produced Music Videos becoming an unexpected hit in Mexico. It didn't sell very well compared to the previous two records, and and sad to say 2007 was the year of the singer songwriter. Pop Idols Like Britney Spears were struggling to sell records and others like Paula Abdul settled into her career as a television celebrity. Alizee's one and only "World Tour" consisted of a half dozen dates in small clubs in Mexico, one gig in Russia, and the one booking in France was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. This placed Alizee in the unenviable position of being the only French singer in history to mount a world tour and fail to have a concert in her home country.

Things went downhill from there. Each record has sold less than the one before it, and Alizee seemed resigned to her fate but very comfortable with her new role in the last couple of years as a "celebrity dancer." If you're such a big fan, you should be comfortable with her decision also.

If you love her so much then you support her new life and new career. How in the world do you think you have any right to attempt to bully her into doing what she has moved on from and public opinion has overwhelmingly not supported her in? If she wants to be a dancer, then GROW UP and love her for that: she spent her entire childhood training as a dancer so it makes perfect sense for her to do what she is good at.

I've been warning you guys for several years that the Hub's continued existence relies on participation and none of you seem to be willing to actually do so: chat activity and posts are virtually non-existent from AAm members, and most traction nowadays seems to come from Asian Pop fans that are refugees from their own Hubs closing. Since the Hub is a "Female Pop Singer Hub" I've repeatedly warned you all collectively in main chat, and each of you individually in private chat, that since any realistic person has come to the conclusion that Alizee no longer qualifies as a "Pop Singer" that it's time for each of you to find some new favorites in the world of music in the 20 terabytes plus of Female Pop singers that we share with all of you. I measure the Hub's success on the level of downloads and uploads, so if you cling to the sad and pathetic mantra the "I only download Alizee" then you clinging to an unrealistic obsession that is counterproductive to the continued existence of the Hub. All of us ACTIVE participants will still continue to share one of the largest collections of Alizee available for download anywhere, but if you want the asset to still be around in the months and years to come, then you need to work with me according to the standards that I put in place in 2003.

None of you are willing to do that: you want to have the Hub around as a database to provide you all with backup in case you lose a hard drive, and figure that tears of gratitude must well in my eyes with the incredible honor of having your nick and incredible godlike presence on my expensive dedicated server that based on inactivity clearly should be re-purposed to something else.

Well, reality check: that's not enough and I've held my tongue for years considering that ten years ago a lot of you were teenagers entitled in a way by your youth to cling to your fandom and self-obsession. Alizee for many of you was your "first love" and after all these years still should not be yout "only love" in the vast and wonderful world of Popular Music. Most of you guys (the handful that are left) are in your, 30s, 40's, 50s, even 60s and should have the common sense and wisdom that the Hub has been ill-served by Alizee fans for years and from all indications has outlived it's usefulness as a distribution point for a former Corsican Pop singer who has not had a hit in nearly ten years..

If you really want the Hub to be around, then PARTICIPATE to MY standards, not YOUR OWN. Otherwise in a few weeks you run the risk of my domain being closed and if I do decide to create a new site, it will be based on the wants and needs of those that actually participate in Hub activities, and as of late December 2016, that's NONE of YOU GUYS.

No, I'm not offering to give away the Hub or sell it, and I find the idea repugnant at any attempt to guilt me into accepting the idea that that's the proper thing to do. Even if that was technically possible, I am certainly not going to give away the product of my hard work since 2006 to someone who refused to follow the rules and really participate. I am not the problem here: your lack of support for one of the largest collections of Alizee anywhere is. I've never asked for money, I've paid all the expenses out of my own pocket since day one. My requirements for sustaining the Hub have been ridiculously minimal and your shortsightedness and arrogance in following your own rules in MY HUB is what will directly result in the Hub going, not some complex rationalization that you are working out in your own mind. Save the disrespectful hate speech towards me and/or the other Operators you might be already formulating and look to yourself for the answers: none of you have the will to form your own Hub especially when you lack the commitment to support the Hub that ALREADY exists to the Hub owner's satisfaction. Talk is cheap.... it's time to take ACTION if you want the Hub around. But sad to say, based of previous experience, I just don't think that's gonna happen. Drop by the Hub if you want to say your "goodbyes" or leave contact info if you have any interest in any future projects I might engage in.

Sorry it had to come to this but you've had plenty of warning.

Ray4AJ 12-27-2016 07:36 PM

Sorry to hear this. I appreciate your years of dedication facilitating this service for Alizée's fans and allowing me to be a part of it.

Scruffydog777 12-28-2016 11:28 AM

Well to be perfectly honest, I had always looked upon the HUB as mainly a file sharing site. I thought anything such as chat was just incindental to it. Of course back in the day, there were plenty of fans around for all the sites to keep busy. I've been working hard to keep interest up in our forum and our Facebook page and that's not an easy job. I see viewership on FB getting lower and lower and the main stuff that draws a big response is when you find something from the early years fans haven't seen before or at least havent' seen in a while.

We had the tournee this year, the Pastry show, the Baptism, the wedding, all of which were just barely enough to keep fans around. We have the current season tournee coming up and I have little interest in that. Though I knew it was a pipe dream, deep inside of me I was hoping for another Les Enfoires appearance which has brought me a lot of enjoyment over the years, but that little candle was extinguished with her annoucnement that she will be appearing in the tournee.

As far as posting stuff to the hub, I think we can all try and do a better job of it, when there's something worth while. I know there have been several videos and interviews I've added English subs to that I could upload. I've been meaning to do that with the DALS shows I had translated, but the problem I had, some of the videos I used were pal and some were ntsc. I tried making videos in both formats but when I tried putting those on a dvd, I had problems with them at some point stopping. I've tried several times to resolve it, but I should just go ahead and upload them anyways and let people see what works for them. They both work on pcs. It's usually on dvd players where you run into problems.

Getting back to keeping interest up, AF was set to close down in a few days and I worked out a deal to keep them open a couple of months. There loss of fans which was heavily influenced by a lack of singing activity from Alizee was also affected by internal arguments. Things can be changed now to bring a better climate to AF, but what it really needs is something 'significant' from her .

Thanks for all you've done with the HUB and I will like I said, start uploading more videos, but the only thing that can truly put a stop to this down ward spiral to parts of her career that truly interest and entertain us is Alizee and I have to be honest, I don't see that happening.

digimaze 12-28-2016 02:56 PM

Reality check part deux

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 257542)
The only thing that can truly put a stop to this down ward spiral to parts of her career that truly interest and entertain us is Alizee and I have to be honest, I don't see that happening.

Exactly and that's a realistic approach to take as far as Alizee's career is concerned. Unless she has plans to pay for her own recording sessions and release the results online as paid-for downloads of digital files (mp3's, aac's, etc), I presume her recording career is at an end.

The point is: half the current members of the Hub are what you might call "former fans of Alizee" but truth be told, they grab what Alizee is posted but have developed other interests. To make it very clear if I haven't already, that attitude from a few more of you is what is needed to keep the Hub going.

Unlike other places, I have not attempted to turn the Hub into a profit center for myself by accepting online advertising or web links that many times contain malware. I've kept the site a "pure" fan site by not doing that. You, I and Ray are Americans and our lovely "Copyright Police" are very specific
about that: any attempt to generate income makes the site no longer qualify as a "fan site" potentially exempt from intellectual property issues. I've taken that very seriously: no hot links, no ad banners, no fees for "deluxe membership" no requests for "donations," it all comes out of my own pocket and has for over a decade... and let's face it: I am hardly what a lot of you self-proclaimed "Alizee super fans" would consider a "true Alizee fan" any more.

Your participation in the Hub is what compels me to keep things going: a combination of online time and a willingness to try new things. Very very few of you post the new Alizee stuff that's online in main chat, we have to wait for other people from other forums to handle what should be done by the "prime fans" right here: You, Ray, Jenny, etc. Ray and a couple others are online 24/7 which is what is needed, but have yet to challenge themselves by trying ANY of the 100 GB A MONTH of new stuff from all over the world that is posted for the VIP members of the Hub. Do you really mean you are willing to risk the Hub going away in three weeks by adhering to your so-called "principles" and refuse to get daring and try something new and download a file or two a week????

That seems a little foolish to me.

Deligna, whether through coincidence or accepting my challenge, downloaded dozens of Priscilla files yesterday. I LOVE that girl and pride myself in having everything that French cutie did in her all-too-brief heyday proudly online in my TEN TERABYTE SHARE. Combined with the other key members of the Hub
we have at the very least the essentials of every major female Pop singer on earth. Are all you guys REALLY going to tell me there is NOTHING of interest to you in what we offer? Then don't deplore the demise of the Hub, just look in the mirror for the person responsible.

Due to response from several of the Hubbers, I might start a new project next month which will in no way be connected to Alizee or her fans. My attempts to link the Hub to other fan forums a few years ago was greatly hampered by the name of the Hub. As one forum admin put it: " I don't mean to be offensive, but isn't Alizee sort of a 'one hit wonder' whose career was over years ago?" Sad to say that is how most music fans look at her.

I get "PAID" by seeing Hub activity... the guy that founded the Hub left it in late 2005 because he got tired of the constant emails and several cyber attacks from obsessed "super fans" that didn't like the way the Hub was run... it should be run THEIR WAY as a matter of fact. Two of those guys are now the key players in "the other" forum" and I don't think it will take much guesswork to figure out who they are.

So I turned it into a general Female Pop Singer site, hosted it myself, and built a brick wall around it so the nasty little script kiddies who viewed themselves as the Only True Fans of Alizee couldn't take it down any more.
I LOVE sharing my love of music with everyone and it is really fulfilling to be able to have a place to share all this stuff. It would be sad for this to come to an end, and if the Hubs closes and I start a new project, the member list which currently favors Alizee fans will be wiped clean and I will start all over again through private invitations which will NOT include anyone who hasn't sufficiently supported the Hub over the last few years.

IS that really what you all want??? Only you can prevent this from happening. Think about it.

Meanwhile, here's a little holiday "oldie but goodie":

In my share:

Girls' Generation - All I Want for Christmas Is You (MBC Christmas Fairytale 2011.12.25).ts

online download:

https://mega.nz/#!6VVjBaLQ!zJJqFPYaN...Y8olDA2fyFW9Ik

-- Happy Holidays Everyone.. I wish I didn't have to bring such bad news.

Antares 12-28-2016 03:27 PM

So let me get this straight... you're effectively holding the Alizée Hub ransom unless we conform to your musical tastes and spam the hub chatbox with "SUGOI DESU YO NE?" All because Rev asked an honest question about whether or not the information in the OP is current? A question that is made all the more valid by the fact that the information is not current (OP says you need to share 1GB, currently it is set at 10GB)? If it sounds crazy when I say it out loud like this... well, that's because it's crazy.

Like Scruffy said, chatting is incidental. Why should I feel compelled to write something nobody cares about and nobody will bother to read? I will say something if I have a reason to, but I've yet to come across one on the hub. That doesn't mean that I don't support the existence of the hub or appreciate it, just that I have nothing to say.

Why is it any of your concern what music we like? Outside of Asia, things like Kpop and Jpop are pretty niche tastes. There's obviously not going to be much overlap in interest between Asian pop and French pop, so you're fooling yourself if you think Alizée fans are going to start gushing over Psy and doing the Gangnam Style dance all of a sudden. And just because other French pop artists are French doesn't mean we have to like them.

"My requirements for sustaining the Hub have been ridiculously minimal and your shortsightedness and arrogance in following your own rules in MY HUB is what will directly result in the Hub going..."

Yes, the requirements have been minimal, and nowhere have they ever stated that we are required to use the chatbox and become Kpop fans. You're pulling arbitrary "rules" out of nowhere here.

Look, I appreciate what you've done for the hub, but I'm not going to sit back and pretend like this isn't ridiculous. Other users might too polite to say anything, but I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing.

deligna 12-28-2016 04:31 PM

Woah, alot of negativity brewing here. I really appreciate the hub digimaze, as i doubt there is any other place on the internet with this good quality media of celebrities i like. Im gonna be honest though.

Im not in the hub because i love celebrities in general, i like a few. I have downloaded alot of Alizée stuff and some Priscilla, because that content is hard to come by in a neat, high quality package, considering they are not well known and not as active today as they were 10 years ago. I want to preserve it and make sure i have access to all that footage 10 years from now! However, i dont have harddrive capacity or the will to download something im not obsessed about, or something that is readily available in good quality on youtube. Im not a celebrity worshipper, im an alizee worshipper, and whatever few celebrities i get enjoyment out of.

Im also not that sold on using the hub for discussing. The chat is deleted everytime i log off for the night and whatever response people send me needs to be sent when my computer is turned on. I much rather prefer to discuss in a forum.

digimaze 12-28-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 257544)
So let me get this straight... you're effectively holding the Alizée Hub ransom unless we conform to your musical tastes and spam the hub chatbox with "SUGOI DESU YO NE?" All because Rev asked an honest question about whether or not the information in the OP is current? A question that is made all the more valid by the fact that the information is not current (OP says you need to share 1GB, currently it is set at 10GB)? If it sounds crazy when I say it out loud like this... well, that's because it's crazy.

Like Scruffy said, chatting is incidental. Why should I feel compelled to write something nobody cares about and nobody will bother to read? I will say something if I have a reason to, but I've yet to come across one on the hub. That doesn't mean that I don't support the existence of the hub or appreciate it, just that I have nothing to say.

Why is it any of your concern what music we like? Outside of Asia, things like Kpop and Jpop are pretty niche tastes. There's obviously not going to be much overlap in interest between Asian pop and French pop, so you're fooling yourself if you think Alizée fans are going to start gushing over Psy and doing the Gangnam Style dance all of a sudden. And just because other French pop artists are French doesn't mean we have to like them.

"My requirements for sustaining the Hub have been ridiculously minimal and your shortsightedness and arrogance in following your own rules in MY HUB is what will directly result in the Hub going..."

Yes, the requirements have been minimal, and nowhere have they ever stated that we are required to use the chatbox and become Kpop fans. You're pulling arbitrary "rules" out of nowhere here.

Look, I appreciate what you've done for the hub, but I'm not going to sit back and pretend like this isn't ridiculous. Other users might too polite to say anything, but I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing.

No you don't have things straight... I am not "holding" anything "for ransom" or requiring people to download Korean Pop or any other specific kind of music, none of which is a "niche taste" and only restricted to Asia. Girls Generation, featured in the clip I just posted, sold out the Paris Olympio two days straight and Madison Square Garden in TWO HOURS. IF you kept current like most of the Hub members you would know that fact. I am asking people that are currently members of the Hub to contribute... something you don't seem to understand nor with the tone of your post, do I ever expect you to.

If you were a member of the Hub you would get that.. but you're NOT nor do I think you have the right to speak for all the members of this Forum or know what they think. Most of the members of the Hub are long time supporters of this forum (including myself), which I have personally promoted because hateful little rants like yours weren't allowed here .

Normally I don't respond to posts like this but something so blatantly untrue needs some sort of response.

If my Hub is so terrible, why do you continue to try to log into it? You are NOT a member of my Hub and after what you just posted, nor will you ever be.

Good luck... and calm down!

Scruffydog777 01-05-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digimaze (Post 257538)
............Truth be told, she has never been much of a singer and as one Sony executive joked, the album "5" was named for the number of times Sony Music had to send her back to the studio to "fix" her vocals..........

I didn't want to let this go as being the last thing said about her voice in this thread. If she had to go back to the studio 5 times to fix her vocals in the making of the album, it wouldn't have surprised me because it "seems" fairly obvious that she has never put much work into her voice and we've seen quotes from a singer like Linda Ronstadt who had an incredible voice that she had to work on her voice all the time.

In my opinion it all goes back to something I've complained about a million times and that's the fact even though losing the music of Laurant Boutonnat and the songs of Mylene Farmer was a huge loss, the most damaging thing to her career was the loss of good management.

We see her making appearances singing songs that sounded terrible and you wonder how she could make those mistakes and it's obvious that decisions that bad, have to be coming from her because if she had a manager, I can't believe a 'manager' could be making such bad decisions, year after year, and still remain a manager.

Though she may not have a strong voice, I think she's shown a voice that has at times shown a uniqueness of it's beauty. Blonde I feel, should have been a successful album, but something again I've said many times is the outfits she wore on the stage added nothing to her performances even with the dancing she did because she looked so blah and how often can you say that about her? She's still an incredibly beautiful woman and to not take advantage of that was a fatal mistake.

The other big mistake they made with Blonde was again with her beauty and her great dancing ability was not coming up with some good videos. All they had was the very lame one for Blonde

I still think the potential is fully there, but can she find a way to manage it? Certainly she can't do it on her own. But I think another baby will be the next course she will follow and I'm sure that will be the end of me following her career. Either way, I wish her the best!

digimaze 01-05-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 257566)
I didn't want to let this go as being the last thing said about her voice in this thread. If she had to go back to the studio 5 times to fix her vocals in the making of the album, it wouldn't have surprised me because it "seems" fairly obvious that she has never put much work into her voice...
In my opinion it all goes back to something I've complained about a million times and that's the fact even though losing the music of Laurant Boutonnat and the songs of Mylene Farmer was a huge loss, the most damaging thing to her career was the loss of good management.

We see her making appearances singing songs that sounded terrible and you wonder how she could make those mistakes and it's obvious that decisions that bad, have to be coming from her because if she had a manager, I can't believe a 'manager' could be making such bad decisions, year after year, and still remain a manager.

I agree. I had hoped that with her DALS win she would move on to a role as a "celebrity who used to be a Pop singer" much in the same way as Paula Abdul did...an incredible dancer/choreographer for Janet Jackson (among others) who had a turn as a Pop Idol that was purely a result of studio artistry. Her unprocessed voice is AWFUL as those that got duped into buying concert tickets discovered back in the day. But the public loved her: she was sweet, warm, charming and humble and parlayed that into a lucrative career as a celebrity judge for shows like American Idol.
I thought the same might happen for Alizee, and fantasized that DALS might ask her to join the show as a judge.... but then something was said and the next thing you know not only Alizee was unwelcome to return but her boyfriend too! Now I'm not willing to speculate what happened, but clearly it was another case of Alizee shooting her own career in the foot.

As far as the Hub goes, I am unwilling to provide that service to a handful of virtually inactive accounts: it seems like it's time to explore other options. I've got a dedicated computer online 24/7 churning away as the Hubs' server that I can re-purpose for other uses. I see that new Alizee files do appear here from time to time (I won't mention any names but he's in my Hub 24/7). Posting them in main chat so that they could be a part of the Hub's collection could have made a difference but you all chose NOT to do so. It mystifies me: you REFUSE to participate in Hub activities yet then get ANGRY with me when I decide I might phase out the Hub due to "lack of Activity!" (lol) You are thereby saying farewell to the most comprehensive collection of Alizee (and French Pop for that matter) available anywhere. Good luck to you guys... I don't know what you'll do when and if your hard drive crashes.

deligna 01-06-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digimaze (Post 257567)
you REFUSE to participate in Hub activities

What hub activities? The only hub socialising i've heard of is the vip section you've told me about, and maybe people speak in the main hub chat every once in a while, but i havent heard of any activities. I'd love to participate in something, like having a chat about our favourite clips or photoshoot or whatever once a month or something. I've never heard anyone hosting this kind of stuff though.

digimaze 01-06-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deligna (Post 257573)
What hub activities? The only hub socialising i've heard of is the vip section you've told me about, and maybe people speak in the main hub chat every once in a while, but i havent heard of any activities. I'd love to participate in something, like having a chat about our favourite clips or photoshoot or whatever once a month or something. I've never heard anyone hosting this kind of stuff though.

I thought I explained this to you in private chat, so in a way your post seems intended to be inflammatory, but in case you forgot or I was somehow unclear, I'll go over this again: the way the Hub is arranged, main chat is for Alizee and French music, VIP chat is for "other music." This arrangement was due back in the day to constant complains from Alizee fans about "Posts we don't care about." I guess the posts have been a little lacking of late... which explains why I'm resigned to having to take some drastic action. You can't have things BOTH ways!

Pointing that issue in the other direction, I might have missed it, but I have yet to see you post Alizee content or initiate a conversation in main chat. Maybe that's a more productive tactic you might want to take rather than looking for "some other person" to make the effort. Also, if you (or anyone else) want to deal with your personal issues with the Hub, might I suggest that you direct it towards me at the HUB's CHAT? I certainly am open for discussion, having spent over TWO HOURS in private chat with you presenting you with different options to make you more active within the Hub.

Yes, the VIP part of the Hub is where the action is and right now I'm refining a post of highlights of all the New Years music specials that weighs in at over 60 GB. When you've got the whole world to draw from, finding cute dance Pop singers and soulful Pop divas with catchy songs is an easy matter.

I personally offered you the opportunity to join as a VIP member because you now technically qualify but when I explained to you that the posts and chat have very little to do with Alizee you turned me down. So what exactly is your point here???

A week ago I made an announcement that I might place the Hub on hiatus due to lack of activity... yet you just complained about the LACK OF ACTIVITY. If you really think about it, you just validated my point.

Scruffydog777 01-07-2017 10:19 AM

As I said before, I hope to become more active in the hub in the upcoming weeks with a fair amount of stuff fans will like. Most of the fans in AAm are already familiar with it. I just posted an "Alizee football referee" video. I've been working on that for years. I tried finding football clips that were funny, then I had to crop out certain logos and it was a lot more difficult than i envisioned and took way more time than I thought it would in the begining.

This past election, to put it briefly, I saw things I thought were wrong and became very active on FB trying to let people know what I think was the truth and this has consumed a lot of my time too. A lot of what I've been doing concerns what's been going on in Europe and that's a sad, sad, story. I've been trying to let people here know, it could happen here and as opposed to the election, that's an ongoing story.

I'm also still trying to keep interest up on our FB page which is a full time job, but I have a good amount of stuff I do want to upload to the hub. I just need a few more days to get organized.

digimaze 01-07-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 257588)
As I said before, I hope to become more active in the hub in the upcoming weeks with a fair amount of stuff fans will like. Most of the fans in AAm are already familiar with it. I just posted an "Alizee football referee" video. ...I have a good amount of stuff I do want to upload to the hub. I just need a few more days to get organized.

Great! That's what I am asking for. There is also no problem posting clips that you are still working on. I do that myself ("I think there's a better version of this clip out there so be prepared to replace this. Consider this version 1.0"). Just make sure I am ONLINE when you post it and that I've grabbed it before you go offline (I am online 23.5/7) so I can create a re-post and re-post it over and over again so everyone including those that are offline at the moment can get your contributions.

My re-posts are a result of one of the issues of the Hub which is you have no access to the live chat stream when you're offline and you lose previous private chat posts when you reboot. The previous messages being stored is easy: that's a settings issue that's easy to fix. Just ask when you're online if you don't know how. I've seen the "football clip" and it's hilarious... I will be happy to make it or any other contribution from the good folks at AAm a part of the Hub and add it to our roughly 200 GB of Alizee goodness.

As far as the recent election is concerned:

"In a democracy, people get the government they deserve"
--attributed to Alexis de Toqueville

Contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the status of the Hub or tips and tricks with posts. Private chat at the Hub is always the best bet for dealing with narrow issues like that.

comjoz 01-08-2017 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digimaze (Post 257567)
...You are thereby saying farewell to the most comprehensive collection of Alizee (and French Pop for that matter) available anywhere. Good luck to you guys... I don't know what you'll do when and if your hard drive crashes.

Do you guys, digimaze and others, who know well about those internet technologies, have some idea what could be an alternative to the Hub if it go closed any time soon, or in the future?
Fans of Alizée would like to have some alternative since it's obvious from the posts in this thread that there is no more (substantial) interest in the Hub.
Is there some place where all that huge Alizée collection that is still on the Hub can be transfered to, and can stay on the internet available to the fans for easy downloading, and upload of the new content? What could be a new alternative to the Hub?

Scruffydog777 01-08-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comjoz (Post 257592)
Do you guys, digimaze and others, who know well about those internet technologies, have some idea what could be an alternative to the Hub if it go closed any time soon, or in the future?
Fans of Alizée would like to have some alternative since it's obvious from the posts in this thread that there is no more (substantial) interest in the Hub.
Is there some place where all that huge Alizée collection that is still on the Hub can be transfered to, and can stay on the internet available to the fans for easy downloading, and upload of the new content? What could be a new alternative to the Hub?

Well I'm no expert on the subject, but with Google drive, you can share files, but you can only have up to 15 GB before you have to start paying for more and in today's high def world, that gets used up with only a few files. Of course you can have more than one Google account, each with 15gb more, but that's still a drop in the bucket.

I have most of the files from the eary years, up till 2004, but not that much as far as the albums that followed. I have most of her appearances on Les Enfoires and several other tv shows and DALS and SAGA and I'm sure many others have more than me. The big problem is more and more fans are losing interest and the way things are going, it will be very hard at some point to find all these files that were so accessible from the hub.

Ray I think has much more of her newer stuff than me and probably all the old stuff. Rob Rhein is still going strong and will probably be a good source of files, but his living situation and computer situation hasn't been that steady and I know at times compromised his files. Bottom line is there will probably be good sources to get files for the next couple of years, but beyond that depends on what happens with Alizee, other wise I can't see anything that will match the capacity and ease of access as the hub without paying a price.

I uploaded 3 files (2 interviews and a tv show) to my dc hub file. I put them in a "Subtitles added to Interviews,blah, blah, blah" folder, and I will add more during the week.

Scruffydog777 01-08-2017 08:59 PM

Mostly what I'll be adding in weeks to come is videos I added subtitles to. At first I was going to add 'subtitles' or 'with subtitles' to the end. I don't think there is a need to add 'English' with that.

But I think it might be best to add subtitles early in the file name so when a computer just shows the first part of a title, you will know right away it has subs in it.

For instance one file I added subs to was....
2015-07-25-Alizee-50mnInside-UneStarUneHistoire-TF1(720)
So I changed it to 2015-07-25-Alizee- (Subtitles) 50mnInside-UneStarUneHistoire-TF1(720)

Can anyone think of a better way of doing it?

In some cases where I added subs, I cut out some sections of the original clip in which case I'll probably add 'shortened' to the end to make sure people know the original was longer.

comjoz 01-08-2017 09:06 PM

@Scruffy

Well, I think that someone better start thinking about that problem, and that as soon as possible, because who knows for how much time the Hub will stay to be available, and that especially because no more a lot of fans are connected to the Hub these days and thus all the stuff that they have on their share nobody can download from them anymore. I know that many of our fans, eg lappy is just one of them, has said that they have a huge collection (200 GB) of their content, but if he and others are no more connected to the Hub, no use of it.

Something should be done to solve the problem of possibility of losing of all the Alizée content. And I'm afraid that task will be not easy thing to do. Just consider this: Somebody will have to collect all the collection of Alizée content from multiple of fans who have a great collection of stuff. And even you'll not find all those fans anymore easily because hardly they are even here at the AAm forum, so you'll have to contact them somehow. Then you'll have to collect from them all the stuff of their share they have, then you'll have to sort all that stuff to see what you have, eg to find duplicates of the pictures, videos, etc, everything. Then take of all the duplicates the best quality content, ie the best quality of pics, videos, etc, and then all that stuff you'll have to upload somewhere on the internet with a huge storage capacity, I don't know how much huge, but let's say 1 TB or so (for disk storage 1 TB is 1000 GB).
Keep in mind that in the following years there will be a new content to upload, so for starters you'll have to have enough storage capacity to begin with, and consider possibility to upgrade to more storage capacity in the future.

See, a huge job is ahead of us if we really want to preserve all that stuff for all our present and future fans. And, as I said, it will not be easy job to do, and the most probably it will not be for free.

digimaze 01-08-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 257598)
Mostly what I'll be adding in weeks to come is videos I added subtitles to. At first I was going to add 'subtitles' or 'with subtitles' to the end. I don't think there is a need to add 'English' with that.

But I think it might be best to add subtitles early in the file name so when a computer just shows the first part of a title, you will know right away it has subs in it.

For instance one file I added subs to was....
2015-07-25-Alizee-50mnInside-UneStarUneHistoire-TF1(720)
So I changed it to 2015-07-25-Alizee- (Subtitles) 50mnInside-UneStarUneHistoire-TF1(720)

Can anyone think of a better way of doing it?

In some cases where I added subs, I cut out some sections of the original clip in which case I'll probably add 'shortened' to the end to make sure people know the original was longer.

We've got a universal naming convention in use at the Hub. I'll send you some samples to your PM there and if you have any questions just ask.

If you are having problems accessing private chat maybe because you closed the notification tab before reading it, follow these steps:

1) Right click on the nick of the person you want to chat with (or read the chat from) in the list of people who are currently online (the upper right-hand window).

2) Choose "send private message." the chat window will pop up and you can either send an outgoing message, or read that person's incoming messages. If you want to read more of the PREVIOUS messages after a re-boot, then change the number of lines retrieved by DC++ to a higher number. Don't close that tab if you are having an ongoing conversation with that person! The tab will be highlighted every time there is a new message.

3) Make sure you haven't accidentally checked the "ignore chat" box. There were people back in the day that used to think they could create flame posts or share stuff in violation of Hub policy by claiming "I NEVER read private chat... so I will ignore it until you ban me." Those were usually the same guys that would whine and cry in one forum of another that "digi banned me for NO REASON... he's a BAD BAD MAN!!!" So I instituted a rule in the hub that you MUST respond to a private chat from an Operator (like ME for example). You don't need to write War and Peace, just a simple "got it" or "OK" will suffice.

I hope this helps.

Scruffydog777 01-09-2017 05:01 PM

I added 3 more files to the hub....
2003 04 xx Alizée Interview ITW de la Semain JDM MCM with subtitles.
2019-09 Alizee Non stop people interview with English subtitles
2003-12-27 Alizee Lollytop interview #1 with English subtitles

Scruffydog777 01-29-2017 02:23 PM

This past election, the months preceding and the months afterwards have been very divisive for our country and for me and my sister's family in a way I never thought possible. Because of it, I'm more socially, politically, and historically aware of what's going on in the world and I've spent a lot of my time, doing research about it and trying to make others aware on Facebook of things I've learned.

Bottom line is it's taken up a lot of my time in these months. I've tried to do a lot with AlizeeAmerica's FB page. Most of the other pages more or less just post the same old pictures and videos. I look for something different and until recently I think I've done a good job with it, but it too is time consuming and in the past week, all I've had time to do is copy and paste what others have posted. I hope to rectify that situation in a couple of weeks.

I leave for vacation tomorrow in Hawaii. I've never been there. I'll be staying in Waikiki. There must be a thousand hotels in the Honolulu/Waikiki area. It takes many, many hours, sorting through the different hotels, looking up the best tourist attractions and how to get from here to there and at this late point I don't have a thing packed.

I'm sure most of you know my recent efforts to try and save Alizee forum.
Recently Digimaze posted how fans haven't been posting in the DC hub. Since then, when I can find the time, I've been adding different files to the Hub such as the Dals files I added subtitles to, the SAGA files I added subs to, the Alcaline En Concert and the K O En Concert files I added subs to and several interviews I've added subs to and I had plans to add videos from the Les Enfoires shows I've been to and things like the autograph session in Ajaccio.

Apparently in the hub, Digimaze has tried to pm me I don't know how many times because despite reading his instructions in our forum, in my attempts as recent as yesterday, I've been unable to access them. I have no idea what the issue is. Maybe it's just my stupidity. He also tried contacting me through pm's in the forum and as anyone who has tried to contact me in that way, my inbox is often full. That stems in part because years ago, I tried moving several what I term historically important pm's to an outside folder. At one point, I had a hard drive failure and lost those pm's, so now I just keep those important pm's in the forum which leaves me only a little space for new pm's. Maybe not a smart system, but it's one I like.

Do people think I would take the time I've been taking to post my files to the hub, then not take the time to read pm's there? Has anyone in the forum not received an answer to their pm's?

But my e-mail address has been readily accessible through the forum and all anyone has to do is ask and I will supply them with one or two e-mail addresses I check each and everyday.

But despite my efforts to add more and more stuff to my DC hub folder, Digimaze became upset with his inability to reach me through the hub. He posted some messages in the hub concerning this and I wont comment on them, but just leave it for others to decide what they think about it.
In the mean time, I have to start packing.

"[12:31] <digimaze> Since you are out of space at AAm, here goes:
[12:31] <digimaze> No I don't have to be online for you to check PMs from me. I don't even know where you get that idea. The only time I am offline from the Hub is when I reboot my computer. Just open it up, read what I sent you and reply "OK." I think you have enough time to do that, don't you??? That puts you in 100% compliance with the rules of the Hub. Like I said, just ONE PERSON from the forum could at least stall the inevitable and considering the years I have spent supporting the Alizee fan community ( a LOT longer that YOU, pumpkin) I think I DESERVE the respect. If I don't, if you think that you are above me or too good to follow the rules, then the hell with you guys... you will return from your vacation with NO HUB. I am unwilling to continue having private chat with you because you're too "important" to follow the rules like everyone else.

[12:34] <digimaze> I expect this sort of horseshit from some of the other younger or clinically insane "super fans" like RMJ or Orion, but I certainly expected better from YOU. Snap out of it!

[12:35] <digimaze> * (correction) "I am unwilling to have private chat with you"....in Main Chat.

[12:44] <digimaze> You work on airplanes. I am a college educated and Microsoft certified IT professional who bills his time out at $65 an hour that I provide to you Hubbers for free, and I have demonstated the willingness to help you with videos that I really don't give a shit about. I am helping you for the other Hubber's benefit and THAT'S IT. Wake up!!!! You're too old for this crap. Show me the respect that I have clearly EARNED... and by the way buddy, don't try to turn this around: it is your refusal to answer messages that is the issue, not anything else you might use to rationalize your childish behavior."

Shepherd 01-29-2017 02:50 PM

You will love Hawaii. Have a great time.

digimaze 01-29-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 257706)
Apparently in the hub, Digimaze has tried to pm me I don't know how many times because despite reading his instructions in our forum, in my attempts as recent as yesterday, I've been unable to access them. I have no idea what the issue is. Maybe it's just my stupidity.

I have no problem agreeing with that. But you claimed you didn't answer me because you were "too busy" to answer the messages from the likes of me. Well, I'm the friggin' Hub Owner and as I patiently explained to you TWICE it's Hub policy to answer the messages from me or my Hub Operators no matter how "busy" you might be.

Quote:

He also tried contacting me through pm's in the forum and as anyone who has tried to contact me in that way, my inbox is often full.

So here's a no-brainer: HOW ABOUT CLEANING IT OUT out of courtesy towards the people who are trying to contact you? This is what I'm talking about regarding your lack of respect for other people who might be trying to contact you.

Quote:

Do people think I would take the time I've been taking to post my files to the hub, then not take the time to read pm's there? Has anyone in the forum not received an answer to their pm's?

I haven't received an answer EVER.. neither in the forum posts intended to help you, private messaging in the forum, and private chat in the hub... until I got angry and you had something to make my look like an unreasonable monster and you the hero by violating my privacy and common courtesy by posting a private chat message in a public forum. It's really odd that it was only THEN that you figured out how Hub PMs work. Maybe that was your intent all along, or like you just said, maybe you are stupid.

Quote:

But despite my efforts to add more and more stuff to my DC hub folder, Digimaze became upset with his inability to reach me through the hub. He posted some messages in the hub concerning this and I wont comment on them, but just leave it for others to decide what they think about it.

Clearly you ARE commenting on them on them by posting my private message without my permission and lacking the personal integrity to answer me directly. You even failed to answer the FIVE previous messages spread out over a week! But once you had something you felt was incriminating, you left the Hub without comment or apology like a morally bankrupt COWARD and re-posted an edited version of my angry tirade hoping that people will leap to your aid.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. At this point in time it's rather moot because as of right now you are no longer a member of the Hub and the damage you've done to my willingness to work with you or any other member of this Forum is gone.

I hope you guys can figure out some other way to distribute Alizee files that's as effective as the Hub was... but by allowing this person to post my private chat in a public forum you've now shot yourself in the foot as to try to convince my to keep the Hub open. Let's not forget that Scruffy posted this and then packed his bags and FLED THE MAINLAND! (lol)

Good luck and thanks to all of you that have been gracious to me over the years I have been here. I'm sorry it didn't work out. But most of the people that were voices of reason around here (like merci alizee) seem to be long gone, leaving it to those that wanted to make this Forum the only source for Alizee material and build a cult of personality around themselves which was the downfall of the OTHER forum.

Those of you that are still active in the Hub, I'm sorry it came to this. If you can figure out a proper solution, let me know, or at least drop by the Hub and say "goodbye." It's been a pleasure sharing my Alizee collection with you all but I guess it's time to move on to other things.

If you need any clips you can always message Scruffy.. but sad to say his Inbox is full.

Scruffydog777 01-29-2017 11:05 PM

When did I ever say this "But you claimed you didn't answer me because you were "too busy" to answer the messages from the likes of me."?

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 257711)
When did I ever say this "But you claimed you didn't answer me because you were "too busy" to answer the messages from the likes of me."?

It looks like Antares hit the nail right on the head with his post!

EDIT: When I first saw the first few posts in this thread, I saw some conflict between you and someone else. I tried to appease that by saying that I would try to be more active in the hub and posting several of the things I have spent many, many hours working on over the years and you got upset over the simple fact we couldn't communicate in the hub when there were plenty of other ways for us to communicate. You were insultive to Alizée, you were insultive to all the members of this forum and overly insultive of me when I was the only one who tried to help out the hub. I'm trying desperately to not say things in response in a way that has gotten me in trouble in the past. Good luck with the hub. It looks like it's own worst enemy is you.

digimaze 01-29-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 257711)

Edit:

It looks like Antares hit the nail right on the head with his post!

You said that in your own message to me that you are a busy person and you can't be bothered to check for messages on a timely basis... at least that was your story back then. You've made that statement or something like that several times in this forum as anyone can corroborate if they want to. Two wrongs don't make a right and I won't post personal chat to validate my point. I personally wouldn't stoop that low.

It's odd that you ally yourself with someone who attacks me personally that is NOT a member of the Hub and never has been. In fact the Japanese quote he claimed was made in main chat NEVER HAPPENED. I have the text files from main chat from day one and he made that up and virtually everything else in his post to inflame anger towards me. I think everyone here that has ever spent a significant amount of time in the Hub knows that... but he sure reeled YOU in! (lol)

Sad it is that some people can be so unhappy and petty and bitter and hateful that they have to attack those that have made significant contributions to the fan community. That more than Alizee's career path explain why the forums are drying up. IF you guys REALLY wanted to keep the Hub open, then lodging personal attacks against me is the most idiotic and counterproductive thing you could have done.
It seems that you have had computer problems and as an IT professional I could have sorted it out for you as I have for hundreds of other hubbers like you. But you have burned that bridge and that resource is no longer available to you. You decided in a profound lack of personal ethics, to drag others into a personal conversation between us. No matter how you might paint that picture, what you did was WRONG. Maybe you can find someone to explain that to you... maybe you'll NEVER understand. What was that word you used to describe yourself... it began with an "s."

Good wishes on your vacation. Maybe you'll find some peace there.

deligna 02-01-2017 08:07 AM

Since the hub is now down, here is my share and i believe 95% of alizee content from the hub, aswell as some priscilla. I've downloaded every alizee video (atleast from the beginning of her career), watched through several files of the same video to find the ones of best quality. The best quality can be found in the "videos" folder while the unsorted mess is in the "unsorted" folder. I will post it again in the future when i have sorted everything, but that might take some time. Send me a pm if there's any issues.
https://www.jottacloud.com/p/darkjon...72b7cf674b2af8
Edit: The hub is online under a new name, but is not accessible to most people from AlizeeAmerica, so the link will stay.

lapinschous 05-07-2017 01:33 PM

Side question : is the POP Asia Hub down as well? If so, is there a replacement ? :)

digimaze 05-07-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapinschous (Post 258254)
Side question : is the POP Asia Hub down as well? If so, is there a replacement ? :)

The POPASIA and Alizee Hub were combined to form ONE Hub a while ago. It seemed pointless and a lot more work for me to to have two Hubs with the same people in them! That Hub is still active and has been in continuous operation since 2003... it has NEVER "closed" despite claims to the contrary.

The procedure has changed to register with the Hub in it's new location: simply send me a private message through the forum and I'll get back to you with the instructions. Sad to say the Hub's server was attacked last week so I've got to play it safe and bring new members in (or old members back) on a case-by-case basis.

We still have over twenty terabytes of the "good stuff" including one of the largest collections of Alizee anywhere. Thanks for asking!

digi:bye:

Paybays 05-14-2017 08:15 PM

Digi I always had problems reaching you on the hub. But I wanted to say I appreciate what you have done with the hub for the past 10 years now, heck even more then 10 years.