Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Ultimate Gaming Thread (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4394)

Ali 11-26-2008 09:48 PM

The Ultimate Gaming Thread

The Ultimate Gaming Thread for your PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii & any other gaming device you could think of.

I am more of a PC Gamer (PCs owns Consoles :D) so I am mostly into PC gaming. There are some kick-ass games that are coming out this holiday season. Some of the games I am looking forward to are Far Cry 2 (which I already picked), Fallout 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Crysis Warhead, and of course who could forget GTA IV when it comes to the PC.

So what games are some of the games you guys are into or are looking forward to getting this holiday season?

Now that it is Thanksgiving break I can finally do some gaming. :cool:

woohoo 11-26-2008 09:56 PM

Mirrors Edge, Crysis warhead, and knight online (old game).

TheBarrett 11-26-2008 10:53 PM

PC is only good if you can afford and/or have a decent build rig.
I prefer quadcores, as my noobpwning partner Jung can agree to.

My game has to be, at this moment, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.
Even got an AAm Warhammer group together preparing to launch this coming Friday. :)

jung_adore_ALIZEE 11-27-2008 08:32 AM

^yep right now quad core is the only way to go

to answer your question

for PC
Minesweeper
Warhammer
Hitman (all versions)
Warcraft (all three)
Neverwinter Nights
Poll Of Radiance:Ruins of Myth Drannor
Crysis
Call of Duty (all five)
Battlefield (1942, Vietnam and 2)
Baldur's Gate
Battle Realms
Ultimate Doom
Final Doom
Doom 2
Assassin's Creed
Heroes of might and Magic (1-5 with all expansions)
Quake-Enemy Territory
Quake 3
Worms World Party

for the Mac from like 1993 (yes I still use it every now and then)
Doom 2
Warcraft (original)
Sim City 2000
Warlords
Battle Chess
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades

got a few that I have yet to play for some reason or another too
Crysis: Warhead
World In Conflict

and I am sure I am missing many others :p

Renegade 11-27-2008 04:43 PM

Xbox360:
Gears of War 2(currently playing)
Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Soul Calibur 4
Fable 2

Ps2:
Devil May Cry 3
Def Jam Fight for New York
Guitar Hero

Gamertag:
Mastashake4142

Respect To All
Peace Out:cool:

edgar93 11-27-2008 05:04 PM

I cant wait to get FIFA09 :D! and the new Need for Speed seems to be interesting.

Oh, yes, firstly, I have to re-buy another xbox360 :p

Amigo! 11-27-2008 05:18 PM

I played the originals...

So hopefully these will be worth the wait :cool:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILuP43jcaXw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILuP43jcaXw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEQSELDOcec&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEQSELDOcec&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tchaikovsky 11-27-2008 07:07 PM

Call of Duty: World at War and Fallout 3. (Both for the 360 of course.)

whitey® 11-27-2008 07:44 PM

my games are:
condition zero
counter-strike
counter-strike source
day of defeat
day of defeat source
deatmatch classic
garry's mod
half-life
hale-life 2
half-life 2:deathmatch
half-life 2:episode one
half-life2:episode two
half-life:lost coast
half-life:blue shift
left 4 dead
opposing force
peggle extreme
portal
red orchestra
ricochet
synergy
team fortress
team fortress 2
zombie panic! source
fallout 3
half-life 2 jaykin' bacon: source
natural selection
portal: prelude
resident evil 4
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. clear sky
all for pc

wolfram0790 11-27-2008 09:53 PM

Well my favorite ones are...

360:
CoD4
GTA IV

PC:
All COD games
Crysis and Warhead expansion
007 Quantum of Solace
Medal of Honor series (Airborne is really cool)
GRID
Most Need for Speed games (excluding the first two :p)

Im looking forward to play Gears of War and the full CoD5 singleplayer :D

HelixSix 11-29-2008 06:03 PM

PC & PS3 guy here.

My cod4 paintball mod stage is over, and I've been playing Madden 09 competitively again. I just got Motorstorm: Pacific Rift as a game anybody can enjoy when they come over since I was lacking a game like that.

When Empire: Total War comes out for PC in February me and my east coast friend plan on having a clan & website already set up so we can jump into competitive league play asap. Those of you who enjoy real time strategy on a massive scale should give the game a try, or check out one of the previous Total War games because I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Bud10 11-29-2008 11:48 PM

Im a PC gamer as well, well semi PC gamer. Right now the only PC game I been playing is Rise of Nations. Me and my friends are always playing with each other online. But I own tons of PC games, I got all the original Half-Life games as well as HL2 and HL2 Episode 1. I also play FEAR and Mafia,Medal of Honor Pacific assault and of course Kotor and Deus Ex (Both of which are my all time favorites). I got to many PC games it would take me ages to type them all up :D

I also own an Xbox 360 and here are my games
Far Cry 2
Ace Combat 6
Mass Effect (currently Playing)
Naruto: Rise of the Ninja
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Left 4 Dead
Fallout 3
Halo 3
Saints Row 1 and 2
GTAIV
The Darkness
Legendary
Gears of War 2
Cod4 and 5
Mirrors Edge
Perfect Dark
Dead Rising
Army of Two
Battlefield Bad Company
Assasins Creed
GRAW 2
Turning Point Fall of Liberty
Elderscrolls 4 Oblivion
Forza 2
Silent Hill:Homecomming
CrackDown
Lost Planet

Plaz 12-01-2008 01:46 PM

since my ps3 no longer reads blu-ray... my bro's and i have been playing Mugen which is like the ultimate fighting game but its for pc... think marvel vs. capcom but with every video game character you can think of... we hooked our ps3 controllers to the pc and have been addicted since...

Mugen in Action
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n1VkQg9tnMk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n1VkQg9tnMk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JimmyDean23 12-21-2008 10:42 PM

PS3 and iPhone all the way. Lately i've been playing Call of Duty 4, GTA IV, Mirrors Edge, GRID, MGS4 (greatest game of all times) and Bioshock. Also i've been annoying people on Home. if you see a fat old guy with a grey afro in a black tee, that's me.

Edcognito 12-22-2008 10:41 PM

PC only for me

Lets see...
Back in the Commodore days:

Bards Tale
Kampfgruppe
Stealth Fighter
Red Storm Rising
Pirates

PC days (286's, 386's, 486's, Pentiums...)

Civilization
Master of Orion
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Hunt for Red October
Castle Wofenstien (can't remember the name of the original FPS ...)
Wing Commander (I - VI) ;)
Civ & MOO II, III and IV...

WoW
Eve Online...

Ed:cool:

Ali 12-26-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 121251)
PC is only good if you can afford and/or have a decent build rig.
I prefer quadcores, as my noobpwning partner Jung can agree to.

Depends on which Quad Core you get. Intel's Dual Core 45nm 3.0 GHZ Wolfdale will rape some of the Quad Cores that costs twice as much. Most games only take advantage of Two Cores because it is harder to allocate resources in Quad Core when making games. I think PC's are the Ultimate Gaming Platform not only they have better graphics but the mouse and the keyboard is the best in terms of accuracy and efficiency. But I still like consoles. I think they are good for fighting games but that just because game developers who make fighting games don't make it for the PC's, so it's not actually PC's fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 121251)
Even got an AAm Warhammer group together preparing to launch this coming Friday. :)

Yeah I saw that. :) Unfortunately I don't have the game. :( I am not into MMORPG's, mostly play shooters and racing games. But maybe in the future I may give that a shot. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 121282)

for the Mac from like 1993 (yes I still use it every now and then)
Doom 2
Warcraft (original)
Sim City 2000
Warlords
Battle Chess
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edcognito (Post 122824)

PC days (286's, 386's, 486's, Pentiums...)

Civilization
Master of Orion
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Hunt for Red October
Castle Wofenstien (can't remember the name of the original FPS ...)
Wing Commander (I - VI) ;)
Civ & MOO II, III and IV...

It's nice to see people play games from back in the day. :) Some of my fondest memories were playing Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstien 3D, Blake Stone, Hocus Pocus, One Must Fall, Duke Nukem II & 3D, the original Quake. Those were the days! :)

As for the original Wolfenstein FPS, I think you meant Wolfenstein 3D, which I believe was the very first FPS in the world to come out from the guys at ID Software.

Chommpers 12-26-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali (Post 122962)
It's nice to see people play games from back in the day. :) Some of my fondest memories were playing Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstien 3D, Blake Stone, Hocus Pocus, One Must Fall, Duke Nukem II & 3D, the original Quake. Those were the days! :)

As for the original Wolfenstein FPS, I think you meant Wolfenstein 3D, which I believe was the very first FPS in the world to come out from the guys at ID Software.

Hey just because your from back in the day doesn't mean we all haven't played the classic's. My dad got me to try a lot of the games he played when he was growing up. ;)

Anyway to stay on topic. I am mostly a PC gamer but I do own all the new age consoles. I am a big gamer and like to own everything so I can play everything, even though mostly I play my PC games. I like to play RPG's and FPS's, I play action and adventure games too, the only games I really don't play are sports and racing games (save Mario Kart). For Holiday season the only games I wanted were CoD: World at War and Left 4 Dead. I have Fallout 3 already, its alright.

As far as favorites go
PC: all time favorites
1. Baldur's Gate II: Shadow's of Amn
2. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
3. The Longest Journey
4. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
5. Unreal Tournament (original 1999 edition, played it to death)

super5 12-26-2008 07:00 PM

Warhammer.....

so all you poor sods who play warhammer... i picked it up again got a lvl 10 zealot named tiberieus on dark crag or whatever.... add me.... talk to me.... im lonley..... not on at this moment... but i might be someother time

oo btw....

ALIZEE ROCKS!!!! i got all of her cd's now :) :) :) expect en concert :(

jung_adore_ALIZEE 12-26-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Depends on which Quad Core you get. Intel's Dual Core 45nm 3.0 GHZ Wolfdale will rape some of the Quad Cores that costs twice as much. Most games only take advantage of Two Cores because it is harder to allocate resources in Quad Core when making games. I think PC's are the Ultimate Gaming Platform not only they have better graphics but the mouse and the keyboard is the best in terms of accuracy and efficiency. But I still like consoles. I think they are good for fighting games but that just because game developers who make fighting games don't make it for the PC's, so it's not actually PC's fault.

let's just say my 2.4 ghz quadcore runs games that require 3+ ghz :D

Quote:

Wolfenstein was the first FPS I believe and Doom was the first so called "3D" game and also the first game to introduce the deathmatch games in the era were often called doom clones term that has since been replaced with First Person Shooter

woohoo 12-26-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 123006)
let's just say my 2.4 ghz quadcore runs games that require 3+ ghz :D

Wolfenstein was the first FPS I believe and Doom was the first so called "3D" game and also the first game to introduce the deathmatch games in the era were often called doom clones term that has since been replaced with First Person Shooter

Return to castle Wolfenstein was one of the best games ever.

Tchaikovsky 12-27-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chommpers (Post 122970)
Hey just because your from back in the day doesn't mean we all haven't played the classic's. My dad got me to try a lot of the games he played when he was growing up. ;)

Anyway to stay on topic. I am mostly a PC gamer but I do own all the new age consoles. I am a big gamer and like to own everything so I can play everything, even though mostly I play my PC games. I like to play RPG's and FPS's, I play action and adventure games too, the only games I really don't play are sports and racing games (save Mario Kart). For Holiday season the only games I wanted were CoD: World at War and Left 4 Dead. I have Fallout 3 already, its alright.

As far as favorites go
PC: all time favorites
1. Baldur's Gate II: Shadow's of Amn
2. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
3. The Longest Journey
4. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
5. Unreal Tournament (original 1999 edition, played it to death)

No Morrowind? :(

jung_adore_ALIZEE 12-27-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky (Post 123020)
No Morrowind? :(

not to mention Neverwinter Nights or NWN 2

DJ_Greg 12-29-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE (Post 123025)
not to mention Neverwinter Nights or NWN 2

I'm a huge RPG fan (and Baldur's Gate II in particular), but I could NOT get into NWN. After the first act/chapter, I lost all interest. I didn't even bother with NWN2 because the first one couldn't hold my attention.

jung_adore_ALIZEE 12-30-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Greg (Post 123251)
I'm a huge RPG fan (and Baldur's Gate II in particular), but I could NOT get into NWN. After the first act/chapter, I lost all interest. I didn't even bother with NWN2 because the first one couldn't hold my attention.

I can see where you come from

I personally am a fan of the old Forgotten Realms RPG's (like really old)
such as

Pool of Radience
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades (played like 100 times)

they were some of my favorite rpg's ever

Chommpers 12-30-2008 05:53 PM

Well I played Neverwinter 1 and 2 and I enjoyed them, but nothing touches the classics. I still like the other games in my list over them. You might give NWN 2 a try DJ_Greg it has a great cast of characters that should keep it interesting. I am looking forward to Dragon Age. I have played Pool of Radiance but couldn't seem to get into it. I will have to check out the other games you listed Jung. Sorry Tchai I didn't like Morrowind, the lack of great character, combat, and the amount open-endedness kind of turned me off. I also played Oblivion and ran into the same trouble, I beat the main story line but I thought it was pretty lame. Closing a million oblivion gates is not a good story line to me and there was still a lack of good characters. I found them just ok nowhere near as good as other people find them and definitely not over a game like Baldur's Gate II. That is just my opinion though lots of people and my buddies love the game and embrace what I didn't like. I am just glad I didn't see everyone saying Final Fantasy 7 ugh, don't get me started.

TheBarrett 12-30-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chommpers (Post 123300)
Well I played Neverwinter 1 and 2 and I enjoyed them, but nothing touches the classics. I still like the other games in my list over them. You might give NWN 2 a try DJ_Greg it has a great cast of characters that should keep it interesting. I am looking forward to Dragon Age. I have played Pool of Radiance but couldn't seem to get into it. I will have to check out the other games you listed Jung. Sorry Tchai I didn't like Morrowind, the lack of great character, combat, and the amount open-endedness kind of turned me off. I also played Oblivion and ran into the same trouble, I beat the main story line but I thought it was pretty lame. Closing a million oblivion gates is not a good story line to me and there was still a lack of good characters. I found them just ok nowhere near as good as other people find them and definitely not over a game like Baldur's Gate II. That is just my opinion though lots of people and my buddies love the game and embrace what I didn't like. I am just glad I didn't see everyone saying Final Fantasy 7 ugh, don't get me started.

Games like FF7 are the video game world's mirror of mainstream.
It's for noobs who refuse to look past what is recommended and refuse to find their own fun games. :rolleyes:

DJ_Greg 12-30-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chommpers (Post 123300)

A great cast of characters and a great story are two things I haven't found in a long time. I might have to check it out now. [slight sarcasm]Thanks a lot![/slight sarcasm]

FF7 was a good game, from what I can remember. I only played it through once or twice. It's story wasn't as good as, say, Xenogears...but it wasn't a bad game. I can understand why some people idolize it, especially if it was their first RPG. I'll always love FF3/6 - it was the first game I really got lost in for hours and hours.

Ruroshen 12-30-2008 06:14 PM

Speaking of awesome CRPG's, did anyone else play Knights of the Old Republic? Such a great game, well-written and well-executed in every way. And it has a brilliant twist about two-thirds of the way into it that I didn't see coming at the time...

The sequel wasn't quite as good, and I'm on the fence about the upcoming MMO they're developing from it, but the original KOTOR was gold.

Tomtentp 12-30-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super5 (Post 122972)
so all you poor sods who play warhammer... i picked it up again got a lvl 10 zealot named tiberieus on dark crag or whatever.... add me.... talk to me.... im lonley..... not on at this moment... but i might be someother time

oo btw....

ALIZEE ROCKS!!!! i got all of her cd's now :) :) :) expect en concert :(

So you picked up all cd's except the best one? Get the En Concert DVD NOW! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruroshen (Post 123305)
Speaking of awesome CRPG's, did anyone else play Knights of the Old Republic? Such a great game, well-written and well-executed in every way. And it has a brilliant twist about two-thirds of the way into it that I didn't see coming at the time...

The sequel wasn't quite as good, and I'm on the fence about the upcoming MMO they're developing from it, but the original KOTOR was gold.

KOTOR was really great in terms of story, the battle system was somewhat crippled however but everyone isn't all about fighting and fast action like me. The greatest Star Wars game to me was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Fast action and perfectly balanced fighting, the best 'lightsaber fighting' I've seen in a game so far, you can't beat lightsaber fighting!

As for a Star Wars MMORGP it has already been tried before, and Star Wars: Galaxies was in my eyes a failure. I really hope they hit the spot this time because a world as imaginative and wonderful as this one really deserves a good MMORPG!

Best games ever?
Games have occupied most of my spare time as a child and the list grows miles long, I'll pick the most hour consuming ones.

Ascendancy
Doom
Grand Theft Auto
Half-Life + mods
Diablo II
Grim Fandango
C&C Redalert
Dungeon Keeper
Tibia
Wow
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Duke Nukem 3D
Soldier of Fortune
Battlefield 2

Ruroshen 12-30-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomtentp (Post 123309)
So you picked up all cd's except the best one? Get the En Concert DVD NOW! :p

I second this completely. I love the studio albums, but nothing tops the energy and enthusiasm of En Concert. It's easily my favorite of the lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomtentp (Post 123309)
KOTOR was really great in terms of story, the battle system was somewhat crippled however but everyone isn't all about fighting and fast action like me. The greatest Star Wars game to me was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Fast action and perfectly balanced fighting, the best 'lightsaber fighting' I've seen in a game so far, you can't beat lightsaber fighting!

I actually really liked the combat system in KOTOR, in that you could either fight real-time arcade style, or pause the game and plan out all your moves like cards in advance. (I always favored the latter. It felt more like old-school tabletop gaming, that way.)

As far as Star Wars games go, my hands down favorites will always be the X-Wing series--I actually led an XvT clan for awhile back in the 90's--probably followed by Battlefront, but JK2 was pretty awesome. I just wasn't terribly good at it, is all...

Quote:

As for a Star Wars MMORGP it has already been tried before, and Star Wars: Galaxies was in my eyes a failure. I really hope they hit the spot this time because a world as imaginative and wonderful as this one really deserves a good MMORPG!
I'm cautiously optimistic about it. It's in good hands, and it certainly couldn't be worse than SWG, which was sadly pretty terrible, and just kept getting worse every time they tried to 'fine-tune' it. I'm amazed it's still operating even today.

Youpidou1 12-30-2008 10:27 PM

Star Wars The Old Republic is announced everyone. You all can quit WoW and Warhammer and Runescape and Guild Wars because this game is going to put the hammer down, KOTOR III in MMO style. The game is set to have a variaty of characters and story lines for each and everyone to follow but choose wisely because what you choose will stick with you forever, this ain't WoW where your a human and you go on another server and say OMG OMG OMG OMG ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK. This game is going to have more quests more land to cover and of course Jedi madness.

Thank You Bioware for finally creating a game that can put an end to the 11 Million players of World of Warcraft.
Thank You Bioware for creating another KOTOR.
Thank You Bioware for keeping Star Wars a memory for the future.

JCC 12-30-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youpidou1 (Post 123335)
Star Wars The Old Republic is announced everyone. You all can quit WoW and Warhammer and Runescape and Guild Wars because this game is going to put the hammer down, KOTOR III in MMO style. The game is set to have a variaty of characters and story lines for each and everyone to follow but choose wisely because what you choose will stick with you forever, this ain't WoW where your a human and you go on another server and say OMG OMG OMG OMG ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK. This game is going to have more quests more land to cover and of course Jedi madness.

Naw...i'm waiting for Starcraft2! Till then, COD4 is occuping my time!

Paenguin 12-30-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youpidou1 (Post 123335)

Thank You Bioware for finally creating a game that can put an end to the 11 Million players of World of Warcraft.
Thank You Bioware for creating another KOTOR.
Thank You Bioware for keeping Star Wars a memory for the future.

And end to WoW
That's what they said about Warhammer Online
But all Blizzard did was just release another WoW expansion and there goes the artards.

Youpidou1 12-30-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paenguin (Post 123339)
And end to WoW
But all Blizzard did was just release another WoW expansion and there goes the artards.

Warhammer was garbage and I knew it from the day they released gameplay. It's the same thing as World of Warcraft. Star Wars is going to kill both.

Ruroshen 12-30-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paenguin (Post 123339)
And end to WoW

Heh. "Artards."

It'll happen, sooner or later--I can remember when EverQuest was the 800-pound gorilla in the MMO industry, and it seemed like nobody would ever be able to overtake it. Then Blizzard announced WoW, and the writing was kind of on the wall...

SWTOR has that same potential, if it's designed and marketed well. The problem is that a lot of people remember very well just how putrid SWG was, especially when it first came out. Even though it's not even remotely by the same dev team, SWTOR is going to have to be freaking amazing to overcome that.

Tchaikovsky 12-30-2008 11:02 PM

KOTOR 3 isn't going to be an rpg? F*** that.

jung_adore_ALIZEE 12-30-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youpidou1 (Post 123341)
Warhammer was garbage and I knew it from the day they released gameplay. It's the same thing as World of Warcraft. Star Wars is going to kill both.

WOW actually stole from Warhammer

Blizzard worked on Warhammer and they kinda got fired so they made Wow and used the Warhammer format and Warhammer just took longer to come out

Tomtentp 12-31-2008 11:14 AM

I sure hope they get past the slow battle system of KOTOR because it's really not gonna work in a mmorpg. Well atleast not for me, I've always hated turnbased, too slow and too boring. Tactics > strategy.

The strength of Wow in my eyes is the feeling of freedome. The feeling of freedome and easy-to-use interface and gameplay makes it so pleasent to get into and so noob friendly that everyone just fall in love with it from the beginning. At the same time it got deepth, you can get really nerdy and go really advanced at the same time with the vast variation of skills, spells, abilities, talent builds, etc...

The graphics were great too, they didn't aim for photorealistic GPU consuming über graphics, they aimed for a more arty/cartoonish style that worked well with the somewhat humerous style making it fun to explore and visit new areas and places for the exploring type of player.
On top of this you got a large amount of documentation for the background story and characters already set by the Warcraft series. And the game itself contains alot of books and reading for the lore interested kind.
This mix of elements creates a large scope that covers all sorts of players, girls and boys, war-minded and peaceful, explorers and lore-freaks...

Star Wars as a mmo is a hard nut to crack. Everyone can't be a Jedi, everyone can't be Darth Vader or the Emperor. This leaves you with a blaster and a stupid helmet and this isn't exactly the highest dream of a Star Wars nerd. What they need to do is to create something new in the world of mmo's in order to beat Wow.

KOTOR III with multiplayer compabilities simply won't do the trick.

Youpidou1 01-02-2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomtentp (Post 123387)
I sure hope they get past the slow battle system of KOTOR because it's really not gonna work in a mmorpg. Well atleast not for me, I've always hated turnbased, too slow and too boring. Tactics > strategy.

The strength of Wow in my eyes is the feeling of freedome. The feeling of freedome and easy-to-use interface and gameplay makes it so pleasent to get into and so noob friendly that everyone just fall in love with it from the beginning. At the same time it got deepth, you can get really nerdy and go really advanced at the same time with the vast variation of skills, spells, abilities, talent builds, etc...

The graphics were great too, they didn't aim for photorealistic GPU consuming über graphics, they aimed for a more arty/cartoonish style that worked well with the somewhat humerous style making it fun to explore and visit new areas and places for the exploring type of player.
On top of this you got a large amount of documentation for the background story and characters already set by the Warcraft series. And the game itself contains alot of books and reading for the lore interested kind.
This mix of elements creates a large scope that covers all sorts of players, girls and boys, war-minded and peaceful, explorers and lore-freaks...

Star Wars as a mmo is a hard nut to crack. Everyone can't be a Jedi, everyone can't be Darth Vader or the Emperor. This leaves you with a blaster and a stupid helmet and this isn't exactly the highest dream of a Star Wars nerd. What they need to do is to create something new in the world of mmo's in order to beat Wow.

KOTOR III with multiplayer compabilities simply won't do the trick.

I played Galaxies and if KOTOR MMO is KOTOR 1-2 PLUS the enviroment of Galaxies I think it can be a huge hit. Because well how many games do you know where you can own a star destroyer :D. Galaxies is one. Now this game will have all kinds of species and classes and hopefully world by world transportation, meaning buy your own ship and travel planet to planet however you please.

But I beg them for this game to kill WoW because it's just a huge drug.

Tomtentp 01-07-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youpidou1 (Post 123484)
I played Galaxies and if KOTOR MMO is KOTOR 1-2 PLUS the enviroment of Galaxies I think it can be a huge hit. Because well how many games do you know where you can own a star destroyer :D. Galaxies is one. Now this game will have all kinds of species and classes and hopefully world by world transportation, meaning buy your own ship and travel planet to planet however you please.

But I beg them for this game to kill WoW because it's just a huge drug.

You don't kill a drug with another drug you know. Mmo's will always be the evil side of games when it comes to your social life;)