Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Fan Art (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sculpture of Alizée by a fan in Mexico (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8457)

Scruffydog777 12-31-2018 08:17 PM

Sculpture of Alizée by a fan in Mexico

1 Attachment(s)
On AIFC of FB, I saw this clay sculpture by Jorge Raga. It's not yet finished. I thought he's done a great job and I asked him if if was okay to share it here and he said yes.

It must be tough with something like this when all you have is 2D pictures to go by.

Attachment 2420

Attachment 2421

Attachment 2422

Bamagirl 01-01-2019 04:02 PM

That is very impressive! I wonder what he plans to do with the finished work? Display it publicly, or keep it in a private collection? Either way, it’s very nice that he is willing to share it with us. I’d love to see the finished product!

Mr Coucou 01-03-2019 12:34 AM

The nose doesn't look right-- or maybe its just me. Other than the nose, the rest looks good.

I think Alizee would be difficult to sculpt. Alizee is one of those people who can look quite different from one photo to the next. I've seen some photos of Alizee where she almost looks like a different person.

Bamagirl 01-03-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Coucou (Post 263793)
Alizee is one of those people who can look quite different from one photo to the next. I've seen some photos of Alizee where she almost looks like a different person.

I would like to see what this sculptor could do if he had Alizée posing live for him.

Scruffydog777 01-03-2019 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well the sculpture makes her nose look kind of large and at 'times', I think it does 'look' kind of big such in this profile from ACC Star Academy. So I think the size might be well proportioned but what might be off is the angle formed by the nose and the forehead, I think it might be a little too sharp in the sculpture, but it's a work in progress and we'll have to wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Attachment 2436

CleverCowboy 01-03-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 263806)
Well the sculpture makes her nose look kind of large and at 'times', I think it does 'look' kind of big such in this profile from ACC Star Academy. So I think the size might be well proportioned but what might be off is the angle formed by the nose and the forehead, I think it might be a little too sharp in the sculpture, but it's a work in progress and we'll have to wait to see what the finished product looks like.

I know sculpting is much harder than it looks, otherwise we would all be working on "The Thinker" in our spare time. But I do think the nose is too pointy. Granted, Alizee has a unique nose. When she smiles, the skin between her nose and upper lip is uniquely shaped as well. Her upper lip also slightly overlaps her lower when she is not smiling. I realize this all can be extremely complicated when trying to capture her essence in a single sculpture, but he is making a go at it and looks way better than anything that I could hope to accomplish. I am looking forward seeing it when done.

Curious as to what hair color he would settle on? :13: There has been so many! :)

Shepherd 01-13-2019 11:29 PM

In the smallest photo, her nose does look too extended, but in the largest photo, I think it looks spot-on. This might just be a photo problem.

Fall 01-14-2019 11:14 PM

Ditto on the nose, it's just a tad too big :D