Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Why are you a fan of Alizée? What makes her special for you? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7901)

Antares 04-27-2015 01:24 AM

Why are you a fan of Alizée? What makes her special for you?

In my time spent in the Alizéeverse, it's become apparent to me that for a lot of fans, Alizée is more than just a talented singer whose music we happen to enjoy. If you're here reading this forum, I think there's a good chance that your reasons for fandom are probably nuanced and multifaceted.

What I want to know is, why are you a fan of Alizée? What separates Alizée from other artists you might enjoy, but not to the same extent?

Maybe it's her voice, or the way she dances. Perhaps it's her smile. Her personality? Is it because she sings in French? Does her music bring back happy memories? Maybe it's something more abstract than that. Possibly it's a combination of things. Just some thoughts to consider.

http://i.imgur.com/R36ByWX.png

Lucas 04-27-2015 03:54 AM

Right now, I really dont know why Im (or was) her fan :D

Ok... why her fan... I think its a mix of everything what you already mentioned. The music of her albums, most the first 2, is for me different compared with others, light like a breeze. Then her voice... her voice with the music made something special, like a magic. You started to listen and you cant stop. Then her personality and appearance. Beautiful french girl, but shy. Well I think today you will hardly find such girl :D

ALS 04-27-2015 09:42 AM

I've said it before, I'm not into Alizée due to her singing and dancing, I'm into the woman herself. The first time I laid eyes on her back in November 2004 I realized just how very special she was. Over the years nothing has changed, I'm as big a fan today as I was over ten years ago. :)

There really isn't something that specifically stands out other than it is the whole package as they say. Is she perfect oh hell no but when you look at the positives vs the negatives there's really nothing that would be a deal breaker.

After reading Scruffydogs post below I should add the one quality that makes her stand out over other women is "it isn't all about her." When a situation comes up, most woman like 95% of them will do "A" because that is the way they are, Alizée does "B". Example of this is when her marriage was over with Jeremy most would have gone out and found another Daddy War Bucks, not Alizée, she moved back in with her parents. While other women would have been trolling for men with money in Paris, Alizée was playing the good mother in Ajaccio.

When it came time to find someone she waited until that one very special guy came along that Rocked Her World, Gregoire. Most women it is all about the public's perception and appearance she didn't care, she was looking for love not the "it" guy of the week.

That is what makes her so special in my book, she is going to do it her way and family comes first not her public persona.
Every year there is something that she does that in a mans point of view makes her so much more than the average woman on the street. How many times have we heard from our female members "What is with you guys and Alizée"

The long term fans know what I'm saying, she is just one very special woman.

The looks get your attention but it's her actions that keep her in your heart.

They may be prettier, a better dancer or singer but they can't even come close to being the woman she is.

Scruffydog777 04-27-2015 01:19 PM

Well a huge part of that for me is right in that picture in the opening post. Her incredible and as I've said a million times, her natural beauty is what grabbed me. Here she looks like she showered, quickly dried her hair, put on a little lipstick and just walked out on stage . There's no big hair do, no jewelry, no war paint on the fingeranils, natural eye brows, yet so incredibly beautiful.

Another thing I like in a woman is one who's somewhat athletic and she's into or was into kick boxing.

A huge part of why I became addicted is MF and LB. I'm sure without his music or her lyrics, there never would have been an Alizee for me and I think that's much more so with his music because I think he produced some very beutiful music and what is more important, it seemed perfectly suited to her voice.. I'm sure without them, she still would have found success, but the combination of Laurent's music, Mylene's songs, her voice, her beauty, her dancing, her personality is what drew me into that irresistable trap. Then I was hooked.

As I just mentioned in another thread. I fell in love with the performer on day 1 and I'm sure it wasn't long after that, when I fell in love with the person and that is more why I'm still here.

I still find it hard to understand why she has had such a huge impact on my life, bringing me out of seven years of depression. Back about 8 years ago, Shania Twain and Faith Hill were the two most beautiful female singers I followed. Shania Twain is another very beautiful woman with a great voice and great figure, but she certainly doesn't do for me what Alizee does.

A big part of that is probably due to the dancing. Its such a pleasure to watch her dance. Incredibly sexy certainly at times, but always incredibly beautiful. It was mesmerizing when she moved her hips but there was even something just so beautiful in the way she flicked her hand in the jam dance.

I think a lot of it too had to do with the way I found out about her. Most artists we know, come out with an album and there might be 1 great song with it, then a couple of good ones, then the rest are fillers. With Alizee, it was like waking up one morning and there was this whole list of great songs that suddenly appeared before our eyes. On top of that, there were so many great performances to see; Amsterdam, Festivalbars, Hotel de Ville, Spain, the Christmas eve Medley, her Eiffel tower performance. I could go on and on and that's not to mention the Les Enfoires and Stars a Domicile shows. It was truely like being a kid and a candy store. So much great stuff to choose from. Right after you discovered one great performance, you discoverd another one. It was truely an overload of enjoyment.

If you had 20 guys in a room, and aksed them who was the most beautiful woman in the world, you'd probably get 20 different answers. If you asked who had the best voice or who was the best dancer in the world, same thing. I think the reason we're all here is of all the similar questions that couldd be asked, in most cases, the people here would answer Alizee.

Getting back to her dancing, the two singers I mentioned before, I don't ever recall them dancing.

I think what might be the biggest factor though is the person she is. Her devotion to Corsica and family; her little waves to the crowd; her appearances for charity on Les Enfoires; the steam coming out of her ears in Poland too revealed the type of person she was. I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. That I think is one of the main reasons she's impacted me so much. Without who she is, watching the jam dance, as beautiful as she was on the outside, would not have had the same affect or still have the same affect, if I knew she wasn't as beauitful on the inside.

http://i.imgur.com/R36ByWX.png

Antares 04-27-2015 04:36 PM

These are some great comments already! I'll share my own thoughts now.

Alizée's music is definitely a big factor for me. It's unique, ages well, and she has a splendid voice. If she wasn't a singer (for example, only a dancer instead), I'm not sure I would have ever come across her in the first place, or have become as fascinated with her career as I am now.

But imagine if Alizée wasn't Alizée. What if somebody else had the same voice and made the same music... would I feel the same way about them? I don't think so. Alizée works as a whole package of talent, beauty, and personality. Yeah, I'm not going to pretend like I don't think she's one of the most beautiful women to have ever graced this earth, and I don't think that makes me shallow, either. Beauty comes in many forms in our world, and to deny our admiration of it is to deny one of the very things that make us human. Her physical beauty is also appropriately matched with a beauty of personality, as least as far as I can tell from various interviews, videos, and fan interactions. If Alizée were an arrogant egoist, I might still listen to her music, but I doubt I would belong to this forum or spend my time and money collecting her works.

I am a fan of a wide variety of music, and there's a lot of groups and artists who I count among my favorites, but I still find it amazing that none of them have ever affected me the way that Alizée has. There are singers who are exceptionally beautiful, singers who are incredibly talented, singers who are good-hearted people, and even singers that possess all of these qualities at once. Alizée is certainly one of them, but I can think of a number of others who fit that description as well. So if Alizée is not necessarily unique in this regard, what makes my experience with her so much different from every other artist whose music I love?

Simply put, it's the way Alizée makes me feel. Shortly before I had discovered Alizée, I had just started to come out of a particularly rough bout of depression, and for the first time in a long while, I began to feel a semblance of normality. Life didn't feel unbearably bad anymore, but there also wasn't anything particularly great about it, either. That changed one night when I stumbled across a live performance JEAM, and I saw the first light of genuine beauty and happiness in life once again. All of a sudden I was reminded of why I want to go on. I don't mean to say that Alizée became my sole reason for existence or anything, but to me, her music and dancing became a symbol of everything that made life worthwhile.

Now whenever I hear her music, I can't help but feel inexplicably happy. When I hear those first few notes of JEAM play, I can't tear the huge smile off my face. :D Her music makes me feel good, and I want to feel good as much as possible.

I don't even have to be listening to her music, though. Just one glimpse of that infectious smile is enough to make the warmth of happiness return.

I love what Alizée did for my life, and for that reason I love Alizée. :)

http://i.imgur.com/L6otC9q.jpg

Scruffydog777 04-27-2015 09:55 PM

Great post Antares. I can certainly relate to your saying "Now whenever I hear her music, I can't help but feel inexplicably happy. When I hear those first few notes of JEAM play, I can't tear the huge smile off my face. Her music makes me feel good, and I want to feel good as much as possible.

I don't even have to be listening to her music, though. Just one glimpse of that infectious smile is enough to make the warmth of happiness return.".

I've heard guys I work with ask "Why are you in such a good mood all the time?". We just merged with another airline and we haven't yet had to start working with those mechanics yet, but I've heard their older mechanics being described by another mechanic who use to work for us and now works for them as grumpy old men. I think a part of that is different pains you go through when you get older. I've had a cortisone shot in each shoulder and water drained from one of my knees in the past year, but I'm just about always in a great mood, because of an incredibly beautiful force that came into my life and I feel so sorry for those who can not experience what happened in my life. Everytime my ringtone goes off (Gourmandises, because it grabs my attention), it just brings a smile to my face. In fact, there are several people in at work who even if they need to, will never call me because they've witnessed me listening to the whole ring tone and often missing the call.

There are people I work with who give me a hard time, some who call me names, but it matters little, because I have little respect for them and all the respect in the world, for a beautiful young girl from Ajaccio.

cou 05-01-2015 10:51 PM

The two things that are important for me is that I can understand it and the lyrics need to be deep. I only listen to a select group of rappers. And ere that is all I listen to. Alizee is singing french and her lyrics aren't that deep.
But Alizee is living in a dream, she does what she likes and she still enjoys it. It looks like she is a natural talent and doesn't need to work that hard to maintain her level. She van put on a show with her moves and give all her emotions in a song. She is everything what I hoped to be. While I am working my ass off for a little bit of appreciation. And I really enjoy her joy when she performs bit i can't even watch En Concert without being hurt by all the emotions that she gives me.

Shepherd 05-02-2015 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 253602)

But imagine if Alizée wasn't Alizée. What if somebody else had the same voice and made the same music... would I feel the same way about them? I don't think so. Alizée works as a whole package of talent, beauty, and personality.

I am a fan of a wide variety of music, and there's a lot of groups and artists who I count among my favorites, but I still find it amazing that none of them have ever affected me the way that Alizée has. There are singers who are exceptionally beautiful, singers who are incredibly talented, singers who are good-hearted people, and even singers that possess all of these qualities at once. Alizée is certainly one of them, but I can think of a number of others who fit that description as well. So if Alizée is not necessarily unique in this regard, what makes my experience with her so much different from every other artist whose music I love?

http://i.imgur.com/L6otC9q.jpg

I never understood the hysteria that young girls express for pop stars, such as Justin Bieber, and never heard of a man falling in love with a pop star that he had no contact with. It seemed foolish to fall for someone you could never have a relationship with.

I’ve been a fan of many artists throughout my life, but have never become enamored of any of them before Alizee. For instance, Selena Gomez is stunningly beautiful, but I don’t have an insatiable interest in her private life and really don’t care who she is as a person. I enjoy Selena’s music, but only three of her recordings. Alizee is an exception to all of these attitudes. With Alizee, I love almost everything she does, and whenever I hear her sing it gives my day a lift.

I’ve criticized Alizee’s dancing on danse avec les stars, but I enjoy watching her perform when she sings, and her interaction with the audience. I’m impressed that not only men are attracted to her, but also women and small children. I love the way she says “merci” at the end of each performance. Not too long ago Scruffydog posted a video of Alizee dancing impromptu in a recording studio. I too love that scene and bemoan that we see her dance for only a few seconds. I value that Alizee hasn’t gone full-slut as so many other young women in the business have. She remains a very decent person in a rough-hewn world.

Thanks to Alizee, I’ve taken an interest in other French pop stars at a time I’ve lost interest in most American contemporary music. For that, I owe her a great debt. To be frank, I don’t know why I adore Alizee. I don’t think she is the most beautiful woman or the greatest talent, but she is the most Alizee. As others have already commented, I cherish her for who she is—whatever that means.

Un-rêve 08-02-2016 11:47 PM

Alizée made me believe there has to be a God, because I never really believed in God before I saw her face and witnessed her good nature. Then subsequently I wanted her good nature to rub off on others too so the world would be a better place, but I guess I'm just a dreamer.. then again maybe we all are?

Anyway I recently came across this quote from Charlie Chaplin so I guess I'm in good company as I am with all of you guys and gals.

"In the 17th chapter of Saint Luke it is written the kingdom of God is within man, not one man nor a group of men, but in all men. In you, you the people have the power. The power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Well I'd say Alizée's life has been des idées ... de grande aventure so far.

MelleValetta 08-24-2016 10:17 PM

My story is some akward... But I think I became her fan due to her music.
Since my musical taste is quite different (compared to people around me) I would end obsessed with her music anyway. To it was added my admiration for her outfits, personality... In some aspects she has turned an example for me.

Not Now 07-08-2017 08:06 AM

When I tried to post my reply, I was logged out and the text was lost. Here we go again...

Like most of us, I was first grabbed by her apperance but that did not make me a fan. She is not the only beautiful girl in the world, although her 2003 looks are perfection to me. She was the same age then as I am now so it makes sense, I guess. Anyway, the next step towards becoming a fan was taking a liking to her music. I rarely ever listen to Pop but the beautiful vocal and synth interactions made an impression on me. Bit of a musician myself so it's always cool to discover artists from different ends of the music spectrum. But then, perhaps most important of all, I started seeing all kinds of video footage about her on Youtube (interviews, television appearances, Eiffel tower:wub: etc) and that was when I became a fan of the person that is Alizee. Throughout her "golden years", Zee was an all-round cool person that I would have liked to hang out with. Still, even though most stay for the personality rather than the looks, I think the impact her appearance has on the fans' road to infatuation should not be underestimated - her smile is absolutely out of this world. It is easier to feel sympathy towards someone is attractive. To top it off, her undying ability to stay happy and confident and entertain the masses is admirable. She was no plastic doll either - although shy and polite, she came across as a very "defined" person, as well as natural and sincere.

There are a couple of people who have had such an impact on my life as Alizee - my idols, so to say. Another notable example is Tom DeLonge who has created a ton of music that I enjoy and was also hilariously funny and cool back in the day. In many ways the two are very similar but DeLonge took a sillier and more vulgar approach to his antics while Alizee stayed classy at all costs. So there it is, my tendency to become infatuated with specific people (albeit few and far between) and find out everything about them is what probably contributed most to my becoming obsessed with Alizee. Of course, the fact that she has a bigger following on the internet (diminished but still extant) also helps. What differentiates these idols from regular good people is their impact on how I live my everyday life. No matter where I am or who I am with, I can think: "What would Lili do?"

There are moments when I think that Alizee is just another person who isn't worth spending so much time on. Then again, I have a feeling it might pay off in the long run.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 253601)
(...)the steam coming out of her ears in Poland too revealed the type of person she was(...)

Is it this interview? If so, do you remember what they asked and how she answered?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAlCndX1cw

Ray4AJ 07-08-2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not Now (Post 258607)
Is it this interview? If so, do you remember what they asked and how she answered?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAlCndX1cw

I dug around in the archives and found some translations people did back in the day.

Note - At the end she asks for "Olivier." Olivier was basically her manager at the time. I don't know what his official duties were, but he traveled with her and dealt with the PR aspects, among other things.

Quote:

translation by Croolik and BackinBlack

I

Background voice: And what does she think about the fact that in
Poland the music of black Frenchmen is very popular? The rap music?
Does she listen to this kind of music? According to her what is the
source of this popularity?
(translation into french)
Alizée: Personally, I don't like it at all.
(translation into polish)
(laugh from background)

II

BV: We in Poland, we are perceiving France as our closest partner in
Western Europe, etc. Does she know anything about Poland and if so -
could she tell what she knows?
(translation, but not exact, the woman says: "do you know anything
about Poland? You're here since yesterday. 1 day and a half. So, do
you know anything about Poland? Do you have any impressions?)
Alizée: It's very cold.
(translation into polish)

III

BV: Now we're gonna ask her...
Alizée: Can we call Olivier for two seconds?
(Olivier!)
BV: So say that this is a programme where there's not any host. She
must record it... (?)"

Explanation:
The programme is called "30ton". It presents music charts in Poland.
It's aired on the second channel of Polish television (TVP2). Each
week there's a different host - an artist or a band. The programme is
divided into small parts. At the beginning (or the end if you prefer)
of each part the host says something about him/herself or a short
story, whatever.

The problem:
Instead of giving full, structured answers, Alizée prefered to say two
or three words which is obviously unacceptable if you want to prepare
a programme such as "30 ton".
The other thing is the choice of questions. If I were her, I would
have acted in the similar way.
translation by extremeR

Reporter: And what does she think (BTW: all questions are said to the translator...stupid, isnt it?) about black french rapers, does she listen to that sor of music and where did those rapers come from...? Because here in Poland it is veeery famous

Alizee: Actually I dont like them, at all...

R: We Poles treat France as the nearest partner in Western Europe and stuff like that.... Does she know anything about Poland? IF she does, she may say what does she know...

A: It is very cold.

R: Yep! So now we will please her.... regarding to it translate her that....

A: Can you call Olivier?

ALL: Olivier!!!!

R: This is a program where is no interviewer actually...

Oh man, she is deserting!

We have to catch HER, NOW!!!!!!!...........
translation/transcription by ... unknown

Reporter: And what does she think about black french rappers, does she listen to that sort of music and where did those rappers come from...? Because here in Poland it is veeery famous

Alizee: Actually I dont like them, at all...

R: We Poles treat France as the nearest partner in Western Europe and stuff like that.... Does she know anything about Poland? IF she does, she may say what does she know...

A: It is very cold.

R: Yep! So now we will please her.... regarding to it translate her that....

A: Can you call Olivier?

ALL: Olivier!!!!

R: This is a program where is no interviewer actually...

alizeefan 07-10-2017 09:28 AM

* " Though free to think and act , we are held together like the stars in the firmament ,
with ties inseparable . These ties cannot be seen but we feel them " .

Primary attraction to the substance from luminiferous ether ,
mostly thanks there to Alizee America . An emotional online connection
on a psychic level . This isn't just to lil Mis Jacotey but from the users here ,
youtube and so on . Living the A-LIFE vicariously through your thoughts and
artistic emotions wether writ or not , is a beautiful ride .

* Nikolai Tesla

Scruffydog777 07-10-2017 04:53 PM

I think I was endeared to the French accent some time ago. I remember when I was a kid, I saw a movie with a woman I think with red hair and I think this was a comedy or a Disney movie. I tried researching it yesterday, but came up empty. I'll look some more.

Now a woman comes along sometimes, who has the same effect, but it's not that often. Of course I love Alizee's accent, but that's just a small part of the story.
In fact, I had told my long sob story in here once before, but I'll try to make a brief recap. I was living about 800 miles (1300 km) south of here. After being married for 11 years, I got divorced and met another wonderful woman. My company decided to pull out of that city. I needed a good paying job and the only way I could get one, was to leave that area. That led to the break up of my relationship.

I moved up north where I am now and went through 7 years of depression. The woman I had been in a relationship with had been part of a band with some freinds and they did a few gigs here and there. When we'd be togethere in my car, I'd always be playing my favorite songs on the cds I had made up and she'd always be singing them. So everytime I listened to music after moving up north, it reminded me of her.
Then I found out about Alizee and it changed my life. I could now listen to music again and enjoy it because these new songs had no painful memories with them. Before, even when I was going to some place like Cancun, I'd be depressed. Not now. I enjoy all my trips now. Of course her beauty, her dancing were huge factors. So too I think the music of LB was a big factor.

So it's been 17 years since I moved back up here and and 10 years since I found out about Alizee and you'd think by now, I'd be able to listen to regular music again, but no. Those memories are still too strong to forget. You add the fact that she came down with cancer in a bad way a couple of years ago and I think I'll be sticking to Alizee for a while.

YesterdaysAirRace 07-18-2017 12:28 AM

Man, this place is dead. But who am I to complain, I log in about once every 18 months.

Anyway, I became a fan because I saw the video Moi Lolita circa 2006 and thought the music was outstanding. I sought out other videos and found Gourmandises and was hooked. I wanted more so I went to Amazon and looked up whatever there was for sale by her, and found the En Concert DVD. More importantly, I found the reviews there of it, and they really sold me. I ordered it, watched, and fell immediately in love. I loved the playful innocence, offset by the brooding music. Her demeanor was disarmingly easy-going and welcoming, but not facile or pollyanna. As I learned more (coming to places like here) I loved that she lived a pretty clean life; it wasn't some trash-filled story that we always get from young pop diva scene in the US or UK. In fact her whole persona, and act, seems to be the antithesis of the Britney "check out this hot schoolgirl outfit" esthetic that seems to be the default for every act. She embodied everything I never knew I wanted in a modern chanteuse.

Years later, I became a fan of anime, and discovered this idea I had of Alizee fits some well-worn anime tropes. If I'd known of them ten years ago, I probably would have thought of her as a real-life anime character.

Of course she's actually a real-life human who's had her ups and downs and who grows. I admit with every new ounce of ink she gets on her, I get sadder for the younger days. I have no idea what's up with her career; I come here once in a while and it seems she's just doing dance competition TV shows now, or something—even the home page here seems to have given up keeping us up-to-date on her status.

I'm frustrated she didn't get a break in Hollywood or London to play an amazing movie character; something that was never going to happen anyway I'm sure because she has steadfastly refused to learn English. I'm sad her post-Mylene music was so uneven and really never was as good. I'm forever wishing for more concert footage from that one glorious moment, knowing it's gone forever.

So I don't know if I really am a fan anymore, like I was then; I'm clearly living off the fumes of what I found back then. I put the live CD on once in a great while and am amazed all over, but I know that's a long time gone, so it's really just nostalgia for what was.

Still, she looks to be doing well, and she seems she's just as sweet and calm as ever, so I imagine I'll always be fond of her and whatever she does.

Not Now 07-18-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YesterdaysAirRace (Post 258638)
I'm frustrated she didn't get a break in Hollywood or London to play an amazing movie character; something that was never going to happen anyway I'm sure because she has steadfastly refused to learn English.

This makes you think how much of a hindrance not knowing English might have been for her success in the English-speaking world. She probably could understand the language well enough but couldn't speak it confidently, let I'm Fed Up be proof of that :P. Interesting how you mentioned a movie role - haven't thought of it before but Alizee would have surely made for a cool character, with her acting background and all.

*dreams of 2003 Alizee in a film* :agree:

Panther 07-18-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Man, this place is dead. But who am I to complain, I log in about once every 18 months.

Anyway, I became a fan because I saw the video Moi Lolita circa 2006 and thought the music was outstanding. I sought out other videos and found Gourmandises and was hooked. I wanted more so I went to Amazon and looked up whatever there was for sale by her, and found the En Concert DVD. More importantly, I found the reviews there of it, and they really sold me. I ordered it, watched, and fell immediately in love. I loved the playful innocence, offset by the brooding music. Her demeanor was disarmingly easy-going and welcoming, but not facile or pollyanna. As I learned more (coming to places like here) I loved that she lived a pretty clean life; it wasn't some trash-filled story that we always get from young pop diva scene in the US or UK. In fact her whole persona, and act, seems to be the antithesis of the Britney "check out this hot schoolgirl outfit" esthetic that seems to be the default for every act. She embodied everything I never knew I wanted in a modern chanteuse.

Years later, I became a fan of anime, and discovered this idea I had of Alizee fits some well-worn anime tropes. If I'd known of them ten years ago, I probably would have thought of her as a real-life anime character.

Of course she's actually a real-life human who's had her ups and downs and who grows. I admit with every new ounce of ink she gets on her, I get sadder for the younger days. I have no idea what's up with her career; I come here once in a while and it seems she's just doing dance competition TV shows now, or something—even the home page here seems to have given up keeping us up-to-date on her status.

I'm frustrated she didn't get a break in Hollywood or London to play an amazing movie character; something that was never going to happen anyway I'm sure because she has steadfastly refused to learn English. I'm sad her post-Mylene music was so uneven and really never was as good. I'm forever wishing for more concert footage from that one glorious moment, knowing it's gone forever.

So I don't know if I really am a fan anymore, like I was then; I'm clearly living off the fumes of what I found back then. I put the live CD on once in a great while and am amazed all over, but I know that's a long time gone, so it's really just nostalgia for what was.

Still, she looks to be doing well, and she seems she's just as sweet and calm as ever, so I imagine I'll always be fond of her and whatever she does.

Pretty much mirrors my own experience except that I discovered her whilst looking for a different female french singer whose music was being used in some perfume ads.

I do still play the CDs quite often and they always make me feel good.

Scruffydog777 07-18-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Man, this place is dead. But who am I to complain, I log in about once every 18 months...................

Well I think we are very fortunate to have the level of activity we do have. Alizee forum which was a big forum shut down in May and I believe you see very little activity on other forums.

I think everyone is still hoping somehow, someway, another album will happen. That's what keeps me around. These dance work shops are a dime a dozen. Just the same old, same old with something new thrown in now and then, but it still has little appeal for me.

It's kind of funny that Jeremy took her away and we lost her for a few years. Then was it because of him that such a poor job was done of producing her albums and tours?

Now Gregoire came along and we lost again, the singing/dancing Alizee, the one I think we all want. I used to get a lot of enjoyment out of at least seeing her in the Les Enfoires show, but now with Greg, we've even lost that.

So if in 6 months from now there isn't some significant development in a new direction, I wouldn't be surprised if this forum folded too.

Rev 07-19-2017 07:37 PM

Stop it Scruffy, or I'll take away your doggy treats. :)

The good(bad?) news is that this was probably the last year for DALS for her. Greg will probably be doing it solo as a professional dancer. The bad news is that, even though she has kept the faith with Les Enfoires, so much time has gone by that it is possible that she might not be invited back. If she were more in the public eye, it would be very likely. However, given her current situation it is by no means a given.

I like to see her dance. I hope Greg and her appear often. But she needs a few TV appearances this year to really keep her going. :)

Scruffydog777 07-19-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 258647)
Stop it Scruffy, or I'll take away your doggy treats. :)

Well most of the time, I maintain as the British used to say, " a stiff upper lip" and I spend a lot of time looking for different stuff to post rather than the same old, same old we see day after day. In fact I've done a lot in the past couple of weeks just organizing different video interviews and getting translations for them if I can't find them in the web of which 2, I recently obtained translations for, but still have to add the subtitles to. I've also recently downloaded numerous magazine articles with translations that I will be posting in a timely manner. I also have 2 different videos that I've been putting together, but there are times I look for something on her part that might indicate more than just another dance work shop might be on the horizon, but all I see is emptiness.....not even a periscope of a hint that something else might be out there, waiting to surface.

Merci Alizée 07-20-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 258644)
Well I think we are very fortunate to have the level of activity we do have. Alizee forum which was a big forum shut down in May and I believe you see very little activity on other forums.

I think everyone is still hoping somehow, someway, another album will happen. That's what keeps me around. These dance work shops are a dime a dozen. Just the same old, same old with something new thrown in now and then, but it still has little appeal for me.

It's kind of funny that Jeremy took her away and we lost her for a few years. Then was it because of him that such a poor job was done of producing her albums and tours?

Now Gregoire came along and we lost again, the singing/dancing Alizee, the one I think we all want. I used to get a lot of enjoyment out of at least seeing her in the Les Enfoires show, but now with Greg, we've even lost that.

So if in 6 months from now there isn't some significant development in a new direction, I wouldn't be surprised if this forum folded too.

At least during 2003-06, there was some realistic hope of comeback. Now even that is missing.

I don't see a career revival for her atm. I would still like to visit France and meet her once.

Not Now 07-20-2017 11:17 AM

Even if there is little new Alizee content to report and keep the forum active, I think this community serves its purpose by offering newer fans a chance to get to know a whole lot about her that might otherwise be unattainable.

Scruffydog777 07-20-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not Now (Post 258650)
Even if there is little new Alizee content to report and keep the forum active, I think this community serves its purpose by offering newer fans a chance to get to know a whole lot about her that might otherwise be unattainable.

The worst part about FB is a post you make quickly gets buried by all the other posts. A forum like this is the only place you can have meaningful discussions about her and I think we're one of the most active forums out there, at least of the ones I'm familiar with. It would be nice if she'd give us more stuff of a recent nature to discuss, but there's still a lot from the past I'd like to hear about, for instance the recent picture of her and MF in NY. I'd love to hear more about what went on in that trip, or even tell us more about the DALS experience. Throw us a bone!!!

Un-rêve 07-25-2017 06:00 PM

This was the performance that really got me a few days or so after I discovered Alizée back in 2001. Still watching this performance and seeing how happy she was singing and dancing here takes me back to better times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiyV6pgycfU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQBtCW_1i8

VitaminAlizée333 11-09-2017 02:25 AM

Alizée <3 <3 <3 :)

CleverCowboy 12-04-2017 03:28 PM

I discovered her by accident in 2006. We all have characteristics that we feel the most attracted to in the opposite sex, both physical and personal. Whether it be the color and length of hair, shape of the face, the look of the eyes or lips, the way they move, they way they talk, whether they are outgoing or shy, the gestures that they make, etc. From the first moment I laid eyes on Alizee, she fit the bill x 10. Add to that the incredible talent, that makes it a x 100.

She wasn't obnoxious, but sweet. Sometimes you see her shyly glance at the floor and smile when being introduced. She wasn't resisting her femininity like the U.S. singers, but embraced it. Her talking voice is as pleasing as her singing. She was the whole package of what I find irresistible. Perfection incarnate.

Watching her interviews drew me even closer to Alizee the person. Being 23 years older than her, I never had inappropriate thoughts of her directly, but her sexiness just brought out the beauty that a woman brings to this world. If I had one wish, I would like to just hug her, and maybe a kiss on each cheek like the French like to do. She is much more than just a pretty face to me.