Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Blonde - Album Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7778)

Rev 06-23-2014 02:55 AM

Blonde - Album Discussion

I could not find a general discussion thread for her newest album so I started one.

What is your favorite song (or two) on the album and why?

For me, it is:
"Charles est stone"
I am finding the song to be totally addictive.
Also, can you imaging the dance routine she will perform during this song?
:aha::aha::aha::aha:

george007 06-23-2014 08:21 AM

Well, "Tweet" and "Charles est stone" are really nice
"Tweet" reminds me of Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls" the rhythms are somewhat similar.
Must go and listen to the album again. :D

Euphoria 06-23-2014 04:18 PM

My favorite is probably K-O, I wish it were longer! I love every song except Tweet. It's not bad, it just doesn't really fit with the rest of the album. I'm not really a fan of retro music either. Overall, I don't think there are any "bad" songs. It's solid, I'm impressed.

Morten_DK 06-24-2014 11:31 AM

I love Alcaline it is a great synthpop song with that Deep synthbassline

ALS 06-24-2014 01:08 PM

I'll let you know in a week or so. A few days just isn't enough time to form an honest opinion of the complete album.

User22 06-24-2014 03:14 PM

First listen opinion (currently on Track 6 as of writing):

I'm loving the modern EDM feel of some of the songs like L'amour Renfort, she definitely is catering to the younger crowd with these electronic-infused tracks that can be huge tour bangers. L'amour specifically will be a huge "jump up and down all song long" one during the tour. It just has that subtle big-room party vibe.

I won't comment specifically on other songs until later, but I'm loving where she is headed. Because she is making this an electronic album, ticket sales should be surprisingly high. Now she just needs some planned dancing (she has confirmed she will!) to some songs and the tour will be very successful content-wise.

I neither condone or endorse the listening or downloading of it, but you just might be able to find the full album to listen to on YouTube.

EDIT 1:

Onto Ce qui tue l'amour and she is seriously getting modern EXM in on these tracks. This album is in no way intended for the older crowd who hates the "noise" us young whippersnappers are raving for. Like, she is getting very Madeon-esque with this track. See what I mean:

https://soundcloud.com/madeon/madeon-shuriken

and

https://soundcloud.com/madeon/yelle-...u-madeon-remix

Never did I think she would dive into EDM at even that kind of level. Kudos to her for really trying something new with the music she's singing to.

Ray4AJ 06-28-2014 07:09 PM

I've had a few days with the CD now. During my first listen, there was only one song that I liked immediately. Several others seemed good. Some I didn't like. After the second listen there were many that I liked. Now I'm good with almost all of them, and I'll get used to the rest soon.

I'm glad the autotune isn't overused in all the songs. I'm not a fan of it at all, and every time I hear it I get distracted by it, taking away from the singing. I also don't care for having backing vocalists on Alizée's songs. I'd rather just have her do them herself since other voices are also distracting to me.

Rev 06-29-2014 04:27 AM

"Charles est stone"
I am still finding the song to be totally addictive.
Also, can you imagine the dance routine she will perform during this song?
:aha::aha::aha::aha::aha: :aha:

There are several good songs on this album, and a few very good ones. However, she HAS to get "Charles est stone" on the radio - preferably during the morning commute. Half of France will be ticketed for speeding. :D

Señor Villa 06-29-2014 12:22 PM

Got Alizée's Blonde CD Friday and after a couple of listens this is my opinion:

1. Blonde: 8/10 This song grew on me after hearing the single when it was released.
2. K.O.: 5/10 Repetitive and boring down for the count.
3. Alcaline: 9/10 The best track on the album. Strong vocals, beat, and lyrics.
4. Seulement Pour Te Plaire: 8/10 Nice track, this song would be better adding Dub-Step.
5. L'amour Renfort: 6/10 OK dance song nothing special
6. Bi: 5/10 Too Sugary Sweet
7. Mon Planeur: 7/10 Finally a mature Alizée track on the album
8. Ce Qui Tue L'Amour: 8/10 Nice club song
9: Tweet: 3/10 Awful song, trying to sound like the 50's
10: Charles Est Stone: 8/10 Reminds me of Danse Avec les Stars which is a good thing
11: Mylène Farmer: 7/10 Mysterious song
12: Plus de bye-bye: 4/10 This song should go "bye-bye"

Overall, there are a few good tracks not a strong album imo, 4 songs under 3 minutes. I believe Alizée should have waited longer and put a better album. This will be short lived which is sad. I wanted more and I did not feel that in Blonde

Jazzmin 06-29-2014 12:59 PM

Why, it isn't horrible. Not sure if I'd dare to call it "good" ("averege" seems a more appropriate adjective) but for sure doesn't hurt my ears, just like old pop hits.

Anyway, I'm not buying it, not my cup of tea. Hoping her next album will be some other fashion and that after now, she'll be popular enough to stay on the French musical scene without singing such middling stuff. But of course for this moment it was a good decision of hers, I guess, and hopefully she had much fun. (It appears she did.)

To my astonishment, mf-international members have stopped hammering Lilly for a while and seem to be enjoying the album o_O .

ALS 06-30-2014 01:23 PM

Well eleven long days and my Blonde Cd came in the mail today. That was a lot better than the July 4 -July 7th window that Amazon.Fr first quoted me on the delivery date. The heck with paying extra for faster shipping I'll wait three or four extra days and save a lot of money on shipping. BTW it came out of Dumfernline, Fife. UK.

Ray4AJ, like all Alizée's albums you need to listen for a week or so before making a decision on what you like and don't like on one of her Cd's. First day or so it was Blonde and Alcaline all the time. As the week went on Bi, Tweet, Charles Est Stone, Mylene Farmer started to sound a lot better to me. I can say that there is only one or two songs that I'm not fond of out of this whole Album.

And who says as the weeks go by that those songs will not grow on me.

Ray4AJ 06-30-2014 07:06 PM

Haha ALS, you're right about the shipping.... I only use express shipping for Alizée's new releases. In my case I won't listen to the album unless I bought it (and have it in my hands,) and I didn't want to wait an extra week. It was difficult enough waiting two days for me :) (Mine shipped from "Aéroport Lyon Saint-Exupéry" (LYS).)

And, yeah, I expect that in no time I'll like all the songs. It's already happened on the other five albums for me. In fact I'm almost there already on this one.

babyblue558 07-05-2014 07:48 AM

So it's been a while...

I'm not such a fan of this album but it's more a personal dislike of the genre I think. I'm sure if you're into the dancey, clubby kind of music then you can find a lot to like in Blonde. Myself, I far preferred Une enfant and 5, both of which I have become even more fond of in the last couple of years. I'd even rank them above the Mylène stuff, which now seems a little juvenile in comparison. I guess I've grown up!

I really like Mon planeur on this album, it's perhaps the song that aligns closest with my music taste and what I like to hear Alizée sing. Alcaline is a good song but to be honest anything with blatant vocal effects that sound suspiciously like auto tune is a massive turn-off for me. Anyway, I do hope she does well on tour, it's a fairly known fact that for small-name musicians (to characterise Alizée so) the majority of their money is made on tour and album sales are a sideshow to tour revenue, provided she can fill a venue... the next test!

Plaz 07-07-2014 02:49 PM

She managed to get my attention again with album. Ever since I got it i've had it on repeat which hasnt happened in years with her music. I love the EDM influence which I've said for years her voice sounds great on. Alcaline is definitely my fav with Mon Planeur being the second. Alcaline reminds me of Tiesto feat. Tegan & Sara - Feel it in my bones.

Euphoria 07-08-2014 05:17 PM

Same thing happened to me too, Plaz. I've been listening to this album non-stop. I'm usually not into this kind of music, but I think they did a good job not making it TOO commercial. Yeah I'm not a fan of the auto-tune stuff but the music is just great so I don't even care.

Un-rêve 07-10-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 250580)
There are several good songs on this album, and a few very good ones. However, she HAS to get "Charles est stone" on the radio - preferably during the morning commute. Half of France will be ticketed for speeding. :D

Hehe I see what you mean.. it does have a certain je ne sais quoi. :D

I like it and have listened several times although L'amour Renfort and Tweet are the 2 songs I've been listening to the most. Well I especially like the upbeat vibe of those 2 songs aswell as the lyrics and message in them, but to go against the current I especially like Mon planeur too.. it's amazing.

Btw check out the 0:23 minute mark of L'amour Renfort.. the tune there is reminiscent to Rihanna's "We Found Love" here http://youtu.be/tg00YEETFzg?t=1m44s :)

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 250459)
My favorite is probably K-O, I wish it were longer!

Yeah I like this song aswell and have been listening to it on repeat.. it's definetely one of my favourites.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 250459)
Overall, I don't think there are any "bad" songs. It's solid, I'm impressed.

:2_thumbs:

Morten_DK 07-14-2014 02:27 PM

I like alot

Alcaline it has yes autotune but as a synthesizer-man I love it
Blonde
L'amour renfort
Tweet
K.o.
Charles est stone
Plus de bye bye
I still missing to listen to the rest of the album
So I am really looking forward for the concert in Paris

Rev 07-25-2014 01:00 AM

A picture of how hwe album is doing.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...ps881b9537.png

Not as good as we hoped, but she is still on the chart. :)

Marka 07-26-2014 02:18 PM

This album kicks ass and tears underwear!

No really, I remember being literally audio-raped by all sorts of party anthems that preach nothing else than spending moneyz, fucking bitches, ... but I had to listen to them anyway, since sometimes I enjoyed the musical part itself. Now when I have discovered Ce Qui Tue L'amour and L'amour Renfort, I don't have to feel guilty anymore for enjoying also such music.

As for the rest of the album, well it is not exactly classical music, but it gets the job done, it is incredibly enjoyable, somehow haunting (Seulement Pour Te Plaire), and oh my, it feels so Alizée-ish! I love it!

This is the second Alizée's album I've had the privilege to witness in real time, and I really do hope that she will continue.

Wizard 09-07-2014 02:29 AM

Well, I think this is the right place to post this.

Since getting the album, I've had plenty of time to listen to it and really let it sink in. I never thought I would ever say this but, sad to say, the album is a disappointment to me. Unlike "5" and UEDS (in which I liked all the songs), this time- I only like 4:

1. Alcaline (favorite)
2. Plus de Bye-bye
3. Mon Planeur
4. K.O.

Maybe it's the whole Blonde thing. I never liked the theme, nor the whole idea of her coloring her hair blonde- just for the album. I don't get it. It's gimmicky, even seems phony- and she doesn't need to do that at all. Maybe it's the pop thing, which is not the kind of music I like, necessarily (I'm a Hard/Progressive Rock/ Headbanger kind of guy- lol) Maybe it's a generation/ age thing (doubt it). Maybe with more time, the rest of the songs will grow on me. Who knows.

With this album, I was hoping for a resurgence to the days of her earlier career, complete with an all-singing (ok, just a little bit of dancing) concert, or several- maybe even one here in the US of A, or even Mexico. Doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. A shame really; I really like her, and even though, I'm not crazy about "Blonde"- I remain a staunch fan of Alizée, my one and only French pop star (emphasis on "only" and "French") :)

I can't help but wonder why it is that her management team, or Sony, or both, can't seem to find the key to promoting her effectively. Or for that matter, why they can't seem to help her use more of that incredible vocal talent she has- to record more songs that are more in line with her natural ability. I guess I'll never understand.

I do hope she's at least happy- she seems to be.