Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Forum Game] Get To Know Each Other (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8207)

RedRafe 01-11-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelleValetta (Post 258114)
Hi guys. I hope you are having a nice week... :bye:

I was thinking of ways to make the forum more active and make this small community more united (this will be one of the first threads I will create). So, unlike the Introduce Yourself thread, you have to answer the question made by the previous user.

"Cheese and Rice on a Tricycle". Maybe it's just me, but this one was turning into a "formatting birds nest". :confused:

So, I'm just going to simplify the format of my answer a wee bit, and remove some of the quotes. No disrespect to anyone involved. You know I respect you all immensely.

Alrighty then..

Let's start with... What is your favorite young adult novel?
"The Hobbit".

If you could have anything what would it be ?
The power to bring peace and harmony to this planet. I've been in waay too many wars. :facepalm:

Next question: favorite soccer team?
I hate Soccer with a passion. I think I must be the only Scot in the whole of Scotland not to like it. I'm surprised I wasn't "lynched", "banished", or, "excommunicated" or something.

If Alizée would visit you to sing just one of her songs, which song would you request?
It would have to be "Moi... Lolita". It was my "first", <blush>, and is still one of my favourites.

Is there any new (or upcoming) musical release that you're interested in?
Alan Walker, "Different World".

What are you afraid of?
Failure, Snakes, :nervous: and Alizée's ' "Mother" from the "Moi... Lolita" video. :runaway:

Favorite movie from last year?
None of them.

Your favourite movie/movies of all time.
Favourite movies "of all time", hmm. I have a huge list that I will refine down to: "Waterloo"; "Gettysburg", "Kagemusha", "Rurouni Kenshin: Origins", and its sequels, "Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno", and, "Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends".

Whats your current goal?
I will let you know when I figure it out.

Favourite tv show?
SciFi: It's a "toss up" between "Star Trek: Deep Space 9" and "Babylon 5".
Drama: Another "toss up", this time between "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" and "Iris", both of which are Korean. I watch a lot of Asian tv.

How many slices of pizza can you eat a day?
I can eat Pizza all day, just as long as it hasn't got "Olives", "Anchovies" or "Fetid cheese", oops no sorry "Feta Cheese" on it. I'm 6' 3 inches tall, weigh around about 230lbs, (have been/done since around the age of 22), with a fairly fast metabolism, so Pizza just "burns off" quickly.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop ?

With me, NONE. They are just too damn sweet, like most of all American candy. European candy 'all the way".

If you could direct an official music video for any Alizée song (that doesn't already have one) which would it be?
It would undoubtedly be an English version of "Moi... Lolita".

Now, a couple of questions from me, as appropriate.

In the series "Doctor Who", who was the best "Doctor"?
It has to be David Tennant. A very talented Scots actor, from near my home town and just generally a very cool guy.

"Dancing with the Stars" or "Danse avec les stars". Which is the better series, in terms of entertainment value and talent?
Well, I hate them both, and in this case will admit to being a total "philistine". Don't care if Alizée was performing "au naturel", I still couldn't watch it. Would rather slam my fingers in the truck door repeatedly.
If you want the lawn mowed on a 110 degree day, then put either of them on the tv.
If you want a whole weeks worth of ironing done. and put away, utterly neatly folded, again, just put either that on the tv.

Yeps, there is another <story> there, and will elaborate if asked.

Later, y'all be safe, take care. :bye:

Bamagirl 01-12-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRafe (Post 263900)
"Cheese and Rice on a Tricycle". Maybe it's just me, but this one was turning into a "formatting birds nest". :confused:

So, I'm just going to simplify the format of my answer a wee bit, and remove some of the quotes. No disrespect to anyone involved. You know I respect you all immensely.

Thanks, RedRafe. I'm relieved to see I am not the only one was getting format confusion. I'll take my turn now, and I hope you don't mind if I copy your formatting. I think we are changing the rules a bit here, but hey, that's the way the world works these days!

What is your favorite young adult novel?

It is not on the list from MelleValetta, but I think the Harry Potter series qualifies as Young Adult. So, I'd say that. For a big grown up adult novel, my all time favorite novel is "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis.

A fantasy thing: a cure for cancer, ALS and Altzheimer's Disease.
A more realistic, personal thing: A beach house on Dauphin Island, Alabama

Arsenal, since my teens. But we Yanks need a follow up question:
Favorite American Football team: The Patriots, of course

If Alizée would visit you to sing just one of her songs, which song would you request?

Oh, I would love to hear her sing "Amelie."

Nope.

What are you afraid of?

I find ALS the most terrifying thing I can think of

I don't usually see movies till they have been out awhile. No idea what was released last year...

Your favourite movie/movies of all time

"Gone With the Wind," "All About Eve," "Frequency" and the 1952 version of "Moulin Rouge"

Your current goal?

Get more physically fit

Favourite tv show?

"Downton Abbey"

One, if I must

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop

I like the red ones and I eat it quickly. Don't tell my dentist.

If you could direct an official music video for any Alizée song (that doesn't already have one) which would it be?

I'm afraid I don't know which songs for sure she does not have music videos for. So, I'd have to say I'd like a shot a making a new video for "A Cause de L’autumn."

John Pertwee

"Dancing with the Stars" or "Danse avec les stars"Which is the better series, in terms of entertainment value and talent?

I have only seen a little bit of both. So, other than liking Alizée's terrific performance, I have to pass on this.

And now here is my question:

Besides Alizée, who are the singers/actresses/celebrities (past or present) that you consider both exceptionally beautiful and truly talented?

CleverCowboy 01-12-2019 12:03 PM

OK, I'll bite!

What is your favorite young adult novel?

Huckleberry Finn and Call of the Wild are tied

From a humanitarian perspective, I wish I was a surgeon and had the resources to help people who cannot afford medical care. I watched a program recently where an eye surgeon in an Asian country devote one day a week to perform free cataract surgeries for those that cannot afford it. Many of these people have lived with impaired vision for years. It was very inspiring.

From a pure physical perspective, it would be a home on a well-stocked lake, of course with a pier and a pontoon and bass boat. (I love to fish)

Not a soccer fan. The sports teams I follow closely are
American Pro Football: Houston Texans
College Football: Ohio State Buckeyes
Baseball: Houston Astros
Hockey: Columbus Blue Jackets

Par les paupières

Weezer's black album

What are you afraid of?

Not being able to take care of myself one day.

I thought "All the Money in the World" was very good.

"The Godfather," "Forget Paris", "The Birds"

Your current goal?

Shed a few pounds.

Favourite tv show?

I'm more of a Netflix binge watcher. I loved "Fixer Upper", but Chip and Joanna decided to stop making the show. :(

Like, 6. Defeats my current goal though!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop

There is no way I would have the patience for this. CRUNCH! ;)

It's not one of my favorite Alizee songs, but Décollage would be fun to make a video for.

I agree with Bamagirl, John Pertwee

"Dancing with the Stars" or "Danse avec les stars"Which is the better series, in terms of entertainment value and talent?

DALS, because of Alizee.

Besides Alizée, who are the singers/actresses/celebrities (past or present) that you consider both exceptionally beautiful and truly talented?

Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly

RedRafe 01-12-2019 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleverCowboy (Post 263905)

:sstruck:

Oooo... You have "set the Bar" so very very high with this one. :bow:

Classic Beauty, timeless elegance, and actual talent. I think I would find it hard to come up with anyone that could even remotely come close to these qualities, but here goes. :13:

Hmm..

Helen Mirren, ('nuff said), :) and, Kate Beckinsale, ;) (I never quite "got over" the "Underworld" series of movies. She can nibble on my neck with these "pointy little fangs" of hers any time she wants.) :boom:

Scruffydog777 01-13-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleverCowboy (Post 263905)
OK, I'll bite!

I don't really follow soccer much, except mainly for when it comes to the Olympics. But I can really enjoy any game in any sport that I happen to tune into when there is a lot of intensity in the players and in the fans. But if I have to choose a favorite soccer team, it would have to be AC Ajaccio.

Very tough question. I assume with this question, she is just going to be singing and not dancing. I would think I'd want her to sing Amelie m'a dit. An incredibly beautiful performance from start to finish that is over shadowed by the incredible dancing she did in many of her other performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-aPr6xFSU

I'm not really interested in any new releases, but one artist I want to follow closely is Louane. I love her voice and I love what I've learned of her as a person. One of her songs I really enjoy is.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kvi-W3W7M

Another one is one I don't really enjoy the story so much, but I enjoy her singng.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XzbuPNTBNU

What are you afraid of?
The day I will stop enjoying the music of Alizée.

There's been just about nothing from the past two years that has impressed me...

The Longest Day!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HIt1i9-9gw

Your current goal?
Getting past cancer.

Favourite tv show?
I find it hard to make a good judgement on this. I have little time to watch current shows. I've always enjoyed watching the History channel, the Smithsonian channel and similar things. I've enjoyed watching certain comedy channels over the years such as 'The Big Bang theory", Seinfeld, etc...

I'd say six.

I think members here should be able to easily figure out which one I would want. It would be hands down Alacaline! I think it's a great song. I think it could have made for a very good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI1-37rXM74

I had no interest in ]"Dancing with the Stars" or "Danse avec les stars", until Alizee came along....

I would think two singers who would fall into this category would be Shania Twain and Linda Ronstadt.
Shania had a very difficult upbringing and I have to think she is a class act. Linda Ronstadt too is a woman who I think is a very classy woman though I don't know that much about her past.
Incredible vdieo by Shania....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Lp2uC_1lg
Beautiful performance by Linda...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qm8nq8RcA

Bamagirl 01-13-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 263909)

Your current goal?

Getting past cancer.

Scruffy, I will be praying for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 (Post 263909)

I would think two singers who would fall into this category would be Shania Twain and Linda Ronstadt.

I love Shania Twain, too. She’s had so much real life heartache, but she has handled herself with such grace. Her music videos are fun to watch. And I have always thought Linda Ronstadt was
so lovely—and her voice was really incomparable.

Scruffydog777 01-13-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamagirl (Post 263912)
Scruffy, I will be praying for you.

I love Shania Twain, too. She’s had so much real life heartache, but she has handled herself with such grace. Her music videos are fun to watch. And I have always thought Linda Ronstadt was
so lovely—and her voice was really incomparable.

It's tough to say who was better, but I think both were class acts.

RedRafe 01-14-2019 10:30 PM

Scruffy, it goes without saying that you will be in my "Healing prayers" and "Healing requests". :)

Scruffydog777 01-14-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRafe (Post 263931)
Scruffy, it goes without saying that you will be in my "Healing prayers" and "Healing requests". :)

Thanks RedRafe, but I'd rather things like that be directed towards world peace. I've had a decent life.

Fall 04-13-2020 02:05 AM

my necromancing powers are unmatched on this forum
Hmm :13: Seeing as how we're all stuck indoors with little to do, I thought it would be fun to revive a game thread and invite the newer members and others who have not participated to join. Most of my answers have not changed.

The third CHVRCHES album was since released, and although work on album four was interrupted by the quarantine, I do look forward to it.

My favorite movie from 2019 is Endgame :D

Current goal is to continue my studies into grad school.

Favorite tv show is probably Community

And as a bonus, if I could direct a second and third Alizée music video (outside of either Lilly Town and Veni Vedi Vici) I would go for Mon Taxi Driver and Happy End :)