Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I just experinced my first earthquake (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6535)

Future Raptor Ace 08-23-2011 02:20 PM

I just experinced my first earthquake

NYC just had a earthquake ..... it was pretty kool!~ All of a sudden everything in my house was shaking ... it lasted for about 10 seconds

Toc De Mac 08-23-2011 03:15 PM

It was my first earthquake as well! :o I'm in Pittsburgh and was on the top floor of my house when I felt at the same time the walls and floor shake one way and then the other.

user472884 08-23-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 207894)
NYC just had a earthquake ..... it was pretty kool!~ All of a sudden everything in my house was shaking ... it lasted for about 10 seconds

You should move to Southern California.

They're as common as... well... if you move there you'll be able to fill in the joke yourself.

They're pretty fun, except when they tip over your vertically-oriented xbox and fuck up your copy of Modern Warfare.

Rictor 08-23-2011 09:35 PM

Damn...everyone I know is talking about it. I was at work in Long Island and didn't feel a damn thing. If I were in Manhattan I would have experienced it. DAMN IT I MISSED OUT. Supposedly they felt it in my building too but I really didn't notice it. Even as they were evacuating, I was just making jokes the entire time. "The way my week's been going, I'm actually kind of looking forward to this," etc.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 207896)

They're pretty fun, except when they tip over your vertically-oriented xbox and fuck up your copy of Modern Warfare.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

God I've missed you, Jalen.

Future Raptor Ace 08-23-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rictor (Post 207905)
Damn...everyone I know is talking about it. I was at work in Long Island and didn't feel a damn thing. If I were in Manhattan I would have experienced it. DAMN IT I MISSED OUT. Supposedly they felt it in my building too but I really didn't notice it. Even as they were evacuating, I was just making jokes the entire time. "The way my week's been going, I'm actually kind of looking forward to this," etc.

Edit:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

God I've missed you, Jalen.

Yea I felt it pretty strong here on Staten Island .... but at first I thought it was my imagination until I saw things in my house shaking.

Rictor 08-23-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace (Post 207913)
Yea I felt it pretty strong here on Staten Island .... but at first I thought it was my imagination until I saw things in my house shaking.

It's weird because Long Island is supposedly right where the fault line is...so I'm curious as to why I didn't feel it the way people within the 5 boroughs did. According to my co-workers, they DID feel it and the shades were shaking, etc. But I honestly have to say that if it weren't for everyone telling me we have to leave, I would not have noticed a thing. :confused:

user472884 08-23-2011 11:20 PM

Jeez, pardon my ignorance but is the East Coast really that devoid of earthquakes?

Azhiri 08-24-2011 12:36 AM

Yeah, pretty much. It's not like in the West Coast where they're sitting on a squillion fault lines.

user472884 08-24-2011 12:41 AM

A squillion to me sounds like a really nice pen used to write poems.

DrSmith 08-24-2011 12:50 AM

The Squillion was the book of unfinished works by J.R.R. Tolkien that his son published after he died, isn't it? :D