Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Alizee Hiatus?? need some imputs (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5352)

paintballpdh19 02-01-2010 11:59 AM

The Alizee Hiatus?? need some imputs

i am diecting this thread toward anyone who was an Alizee fan during the 3-4 years where Alizee was nowhere to be found. what was it like... what were you thinking... because 3 or 4 years is a very long time when you think about it. i was just wanting to see what some of you hardcore fans thought.

ALS 02-01-2010 12:21 PM

Being I found Alizée by accident in the winter of 2004-2005, it was a difficult time waiting for her to re-emerge in the late fall of 2007.

To me it was well worth the time waiting. It would have been much worse if I was one of her early fans from 2000-2003.

It is just as bad now waiting through 2009-and into early 2010 for her next album.

Knowing Alizée as we do it will be well worth it. :wub:

Geech 02-01-2010 12:24 PM

It was a lot of watching of same videos over and over again. Going to the same forums to read rumor after rumor of things that never happened. That's about it in a nut shell.

TheBarrett 02-01-2010 06:46 PM

It's necessary practice to make you a stronger soul.
Otherwise you'd be, unwittingly, following into blind affection, often crossing the line, between fan and artist.

I tend to view those past years as the better years.

Plaz 02-01-2010 09:04 PM

i literally came into lillytown a few months before she disappeared for those few years.... but back then this place didnt exist...and i was on another forum...

user472884 02-01-2010 09:58 PM

In about three weeks, I will have been a die-hard Alizée fan for exactly one year. Luckily, I haven't had to sit through any seriously long break (for my health and safety, that's probably a good thing) but when the day comes... *shudder*

wasabi622 02-01-2010 11:55 PM

Well, I became a fan of her about 9 months ago.

For the first 7-8 months, I was freaking CRAZY about her! Like... the usual surfing on youtube for her videos of hours, looking up pictures of her, reading up anything I could find about her, posting like crazy on this forum, and so on.

She was on my mind almost all the time. Her's was the only music I listened to for those 8 months straight. Nothing else!

Whereas now, it's definitely reached a reasonable level. I still love and adore her! But now I can live a somewhat normal life. :p

I can now even listen to music that's not hers! For me, that's a huge change. (Though of course, she still dominates my most played list :D)

paintballpdh19 02-02-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 150260)
In about three weeks, I will have been a die-hard Alizée fan for exactly one year. Luckily, I haven't had to sit through any seriously long break (for my health and safety, that's probably a good thing) but when the day comes... *shudder*

i don't think I could handle it either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 150271)
Well, I became a fan of her about 9 months ago.

For the first 7-8 months, I was freaking CRAZY about her! Like... the usual surfing on youtube for her videos of hours, looking up pictures of her, reading up anything I could find about her, posting like crazy on this forum, and so on.

She was on my mind almost all the time. Her's was the only music I listened to for those 8 months straight. Nothing else!

Whereas now, it's definitely reached a reasonable level. I still love and adore her! But now I can live a somewhat normal life. :p

I can now even listen to music that's not hers! For me, that's a huge change. (Though of course, she still dominates my most played list :D)

sounds like me... i've only known about Alizee for one month... i first came to see her on Jan 1st... so it should be easy to remember how long i have been a fan lol. this sounds exactly like me right now... no lie.

wasabi622 02-02-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 (Post 150273)
sounds like me... i've only known about Alizee for one month... i first came to see her on Jan 1st... so it should be easy to remember how long i have been a fan lol. this sounds exactly like me right now... no lie.

As a wise friend of mine once said... Don't worry, you'll get through it!

(You know who you are! :p)

TheBarrett 02-02-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabi622 (Post 150279)
As a wise friend of mine once said... Don't worry, you'll get through it!

(You know who you are! :p)

Actually no, they don't know who they are.
I'm guessing it's yourself, because, you talk to yourself. Don't deny it.