Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Miley Cyrus = Next Britney Spears? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3955)

Future Raptor Ace 06-29-2008 10:17 PM

Miley Cyrus = Next Britney Spears?

Lets do math, does the forumla Miley Cyrus = Next Britney Spears make sense to you at all?
In terms of media obsession and typical devil train wreck, do you think Mily is heading in the same direction to what happen and is still happening to Britney?

TheBarrett 06-29-2008 10:27 PM

Add this to the list:

-More merchandise than music
-Horrible Music at that
-Horrible merchandise
-Alizée's competitor for US control
-Horrible stage name
-Has worked with Jonas Brothers (a horrible band)
-Is Horribly horrible at being not horrible.

She might not turn into Britney Spears, but if she keeps up this sell-out attitude and racy media spamming attention-grabbing persona, then she is on her way to becoming one. Not that I care, I hate her with the fury of the Lucifer.

AlizeeFan941 06-29-2008 10:54 PM

I don't think she will.. I mean everyone talks about her music and differnt things saying how bad it is. It's a opinion, no need to bash someone if it's not you're type of music. It's just like if someone was to come in and talk about Alizee saying she is horrible. A huge majority of people here would flame the person.

And second, she is what? 15 or 16? She is a teen, and what do teens like? Attention.. it's just they way of like. No need to judge someone by that.

But back to the subject.. no I don't think she will. She made a mistake supposedly with the Vanity Faire photographs.. but she was covered competely, and the photos were not disrepectful to her. But with people making it seem that way it's just rediculous.

puffyrock2 06-29-2008 10:54 PM

I can't imagine Miley becoming quite as crazy/messed up as, say, Britney Spears or Amy Winehouse, but I do see some troubles ahead.
Also, the whole marketing thing, as well has having more merchandise than music, has been the case for good bands in the past. Kiss anyone?

TheBarrett 06-29-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlizeeFan941 (Post 108122)
I don't think she will.. I mean everyone talks about her music and differnt things saying how bad it is. It's a opinion, no need to bash someone if it's not you're type of music. It's just like if someone was to come in and talk about Alizee saying she is horrible. A huge majority of people here would flame the person.

And second, she is what? 15 or 16? She is a teen, and what do teens like? Attention.. it's just they way of like. No need to judge someone by that.

But back to the subject.. no I don't think she will. She made a mistake supposedly with the Vanity Faire photographs.. but she was covered competely, and the photos were not disrepectful to her. But with people making it seem that way it's just rediculous.

I'm 17, and I hate too much attention...But that's just me, and i'm English.

Quote:

Originally Posted by puffyrock2
Also, the whole marketing thing, as well has having more merchandise than music, has been the case for good bands in the past. Kiss anyone?

KISS was a band, meaning more than one person, whereas Simmons played basic bass and totally headmastered the whole merchandising, the other three members of the band (Frehley, Stanley, all the drummers) happened to be playing some very good rock songs

espire 06-29-2008 11:11 PM

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but I really love See You Again. It's got everything that a hit song needs.

A few more of those, and maybe. Probably not, but we'll have to see.

Key 07-04-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espire (Post 108129)
I'm just gonna throw this out there, but I really love See You Again. It's got everything that a hit song needs.

agreed! see you again is my favourite song of hers

I really like miley cyrus :) and so does my lil sis,

She's a great role model for kids (kinda..well better than PCD and britney and danity kane, not that i've anything against them but i don't leave my sister listen to them ;))

She's the next britney fame wise but defently not in her personal life!!!

muttonchops80 07-04-2008 08:49 PM

Yeah, she's had a few scrapes. Also, I think her dad is trying to live through her successes. Not like they're hurtin' for money or anything.

TheBarrett 07-04-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espire (Post 108129)

You're missing the epic guitar solo.
:p

Bah Miley Cyrus, i'm sorry, but I am just not a fan of superb merchandising over decently qualifying music. She's come close to scraping the good list in my standards, but until she starts experimenting around, I can't say i'll like her. :)

Future Raptor Ace 07-05-2008 02:11 AM

IDk maybe its just me but to me Miley seems like a brat. Her songs are nice, but I just see her getting into trouble down the road and ending in the same train reck/media obsession as Brit. That's just me though!