Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media Section (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your highest quality Alizée songs? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7453)

User22 04-18-2013 05:01 PM

Your highest quality Alizée songs?

So I have been searching how to get the best quality songs possible over the last two years and thought I was constricted to 320kbps MP3s from a CD or iTunes/Spotify...thats until I figured about Lossless files from a CD. I just imported my whole Alizée CD collection into iTunes as Apple Lossless files and man do they sound amazing!!! What was a 5MB J'en Ai Marre MP3 file, is now a 40MB J'en Ai Marre Apple Lossless file :omg:

So now each song is ~1000kbps, ~40MB(for a 3minute song), and 44.1kHz/16bit. Compared to an MP3 which is 120/256/320kbps and only ~5MB at best.

So just her 5 full albums are 2GB in Apple Lossless :0 Sounds great on my Audio Technica ATH-M50 cans.

My question is, what is everyone's highest quality Alizée music? Has anyone converted her Vinyls to a Lossless file type?

Fall 04-18-2013 05:17 PM

ÀCC from the En Concert CD is 50mb if i remember correctly :D
When I ripped the songs from my CDs I got all of them in Lossless format, as far back in 2009 for the first 3 albums anyway. The software that my device came with allows you to choose what format you want the songs in, I suppose others do too.

lapinschous 04-18-2013 05:36 PM

Interesting stuff ... got any download links? ;)

User22 04-18-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapinschous (Post 240928)
Interesting stuff ... got any download links? ;)

Sorry, can't share official stuff on the forums :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fall06 (Post 240926)
ÀCC from the En Concert CD is 50mb if i remember correctly :D
When I ripped the songs from my CDs I got all of them in Lossless format, as far back in 2009 for the first 3 albums anyway. The software that my device came with allows you to choose what format you want the songs in, I suppose others do too.

Dangggg. 50mb is a ton! And yeah the best and most widely used software I know of is X Lossless Decoder which is free but amazing cause of all the control it gives you. I wish I knew about lossless before! Everything sounds so much...full!

Fall 04-18-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapinschous (Post 240928)
Interesting stuff ... got any download links?

As Aaron said, we can't share official stuff, but assuming you have the CDs, you can rip them yourself, with Windows Media Player probably, if you have a PC. Idk about Macs :confused:

Ray4AJ 04-19-2013 07:50 PM

Thanks for bringing all this up. I had never bothered to learn about the different file and compression types until this thread. So I've ripped the CDs again but this time in WMA lossless, which my Zune will play into the car radio. I'll have to see how that works out!

User22 04-20-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 240998)
Thanks for bringing all this up. I had never bothered to learn about the different file and compression types until this thread. So I've ripped the CDs again but this time in WMA lossless, which my Zune will play into the car radio. I'll have to see how that works out!

Awesome Ray! Glad I could help you learn something I just learned about also :) if you need any reccomendations for some very good budget headphones, hit me up :) Or just get some Audio-Technica ATH-M50! Your experience with listening to Alizée songs will SKYROCKET :D

Jake04 04-21-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 240998)

"Zune" still exists? :D
Hi Ray! :bye:

Ray4AJ 04-21-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 241042)
Awesome Ray! Glad I could help you learn something I just learned about also :) if you need any reccomendations for some very good budget headphones, hit me up :) Or just get some Audio-Technica ATH-M50! Your experience with listening to Alizée songs will SKYROCKET :D

It worked out great. The car came with a 12 speaker system. I know it's factory stuff but I'm not a sophisticated listener. Mind you, I don't claim to be able to hear much difference, but the lower notes seem deeper and stronger, and everything else seems to be filled in better. So for zero cost I'm happy. At work I use a bluetooth stereo headset with an old smartphone as a player. I don't get to use it often and there is a lot of background noise so I'm not really too worried about the quality there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake04 (Post 241088)
"Zune" still exists? :D
Hi Ray! :bye:

Hi Jake! Yeah, when they discontinued the Zune, it didn't get bricked. I just use the hardware, not the store. It works great with the system in the car. At least it did until Alizée came along. The car cannot understand me when I tell it to play songs with French titles. It's probably me. So I just start a playlist and let it shuffle. I don't mind saying that I've never been an Apple user. Back in the 80's I had an Atari home computer and my friend had an Apple II. I've had a rivalry with Apple ever since, and have never owned an Apple device. Though I bought '5' on iTunes to support Alizée. Now they keep trying to upgrade my iPhone. :(

Fall 04-21-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 241116)
Hi Jake! Yeah, when they discontinued the Zune, it didn't get bricked. I just use the hardware, not the store. It works great with the system in the car. At least it did until Alizée came along. The car cannot understand me when I tell it to play songs with French titles. It's probably me. So I just start a playlist and let it shuffle. I don't mind saying that I've never been an Apple user. Back in the 80's I had an Atari home computer and my friend had an Apple II. I've had a rivalry with Apple ever since, and have never owned an Apple device. Though I bought '5' on iTunes to support Alizée. Now they keep trying to upgrade my iPhone. :(

Right on man!! :D I've had two Zunes, the old 30gb and then I bought the old 120gb which was ideal for all the Zée and MJ music and videos, as well as movies and podcasts. I've never owned an Apple device either, including Iphones and Ipods. From trying out ones that belonged to friends, I always preferred my Zune. The software as well, always seemed simpler and easier to use than itunes, as well as better looking, so itunes has never been installed on my computer more than a couple of hours. Anyway, it's too bad they discontinued them, I was looking forward to their followup for the Zune HD :\