Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SAD-what happened?! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6347)

User22 04-17-2011 09:37 PM

SAD-what happened?!

Sorry for the luring title not pertaining to anything at all really.

Anyway, someone please just throw out a random topic about Alizee we can discuss for the forum's sake. Because there has been nothing interesting to talk about for the whole last week, especially since the forum was down for 2 days.

By the way, SAD stands for "Spontaneous Alizee Discussion"...

Iwillmeether 04-17-2011 10:19 PM

Like another "Her ____" Thread? :P

Azhiri 04-17-2011 10:33 PM

Oh lord, we do not need another one of those. :p

So I discovered this week that MCE is the perfect album to listen to whilst lounging on the beach. Sooooo soothing. :) Merci for making my vacation that much better Lili!

Chuck 04-17-2011 10:33 PM

Hey, I got a couple randumbs:

Anybody else think it's peculiar how Alizée's voice seems to have gotten a lot higher in the last few years? Intentionally, I'm sure, but it strikes me as weird how at first, she tried to sing in lower registers, now she mostly veers higher. In that 2010 version of "Lolita", it's almost a falsetto.

Or...

Anyone else here think that French music from the 00's sounds a lot more like American music from the 70's or early 80's than our music today? Not that they're behind us or anything, but that there's still a lot more emphasis on MELODY and MUSIC there, while here, these days it's mostly just about the beat and/or the shock factor.

Or...

Anyone else here still planning to go see Yelle? I was thinking about it (in Madison - May 8th), but then watched a couple more of her vids and said to myself, "no. I can't sit through that." I even showed em to the family, and they tried to run away!

Or... Who's next?

I'd start these as separate topics myself, but they're still like half-formed ideas, and I'm short on time. So Aaron, moderators, or whoever, I'm just tossing these things out there. Feel freeeeeeee to run with it.

Azhiri 04-17-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 202548)
Anybody else think it's peculiar how Alizée's voice seems to have gotten a lot higher in the last few years? Intentionally, I'm sure, but it strikes me as weird how at first, she tried to sing in lower registers, now she mostly veers higher. In that 2010 version of "Lolita", it's almost a falsetto.

I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY!

Her voice was so velvety and smooth in her early years, now it's more of a high-pitched but softish tone. I suppose she just prefers it personally, similar to her style of dress/hair.

Mon Maquis 04-17-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Anyone else here still planning to go see Yelle? I was thinking about it (in Madison - May 8th), but then watched a couple more of her vids and said to myself, "no. I can't sit through that." I even showed em to the family, and they tried to run away!

Yes, I am going to see her on April 25th in Atlanta.

I dont know if you guys know this or not, but they broadcast her concert yesterday live from the US. 4,000 people were supposed to show up and 8,000 people came. Even my mom watched it and she is 65 lol... she loved it.

user472884 04-17-2011 11:04 PM

Oh jaysus... I know something that would surely spur some discussion and interest, but whether or not to use it...

screw it.

About five months ago I deleted my entire Alizée folder of pictures and videos

Edit:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhiri (Post 202550)
I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY!

Her voice was so velvety and smooth in her early years, now it's more of a high-pitched but softish tone. I suppose she just prefers it personally, similar to her style of dress/hair.

I thought I remembered reading something about it being easier to sing in a higher pitch

Future Raptor Ace 04-18-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronius31 (Post 202543)
Sorry for the luring title not pertaining to anything at all really.

Anyway, someone please just throw out a random topic about Alizee we can discuss for the forum's sake. Because there has been nothing interesting to talk about for the whole last week, especially since the forum was down for 2 days.

By the way, SAD stands for "Spontaneous Alizee Discussion"...

here ya go Aron http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...564#post202564

ferb96 04-18-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Yeah i think the same. But not actually "a lot higher". Higher voice still have its cuteness.

Besides, she grown up. Not the same Alizee ten years ago. she must have changed, you know.

User22 04-18-2011 09:54 AM

After 4 people talking about it I guess we can talk about how her voice has evolved and has shown a larger range in the past couple years.

Cause yeah, I was just listening to Adelaide this morning and my goodness! Her voice can go VERY HIGH. And it sounds so great :D