Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Julien Doré "Moi...lolita" ? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2043)

Jess 07-04-2007 04:45 PM

Julien Doré "Moi...lolita" ?

Acording to Gala Magazine Julien Doré is making "Moi...lolita" his first single, unless of course I'm understanding wrong. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: Does anyone else feel strange about this???

#Gala confirme la sortie de "Moi...lolita" en single#
Julien Doré pourrait sortir sa reprise de "Moi...lolita" comme premier single.
Le numéro de Gala sorti aujourd'hui nous annonce que Mylène Farmer aurait donné son accord...

#Julien Doré could realise "Moi...Lolita"#
The french tabloid "Gala" confirms us Julien Doré (the winner of Pop Idol)
will maybe realise "Moi..Lolita" for first single...

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7316/gala07ri2.jpg

Moe 07-04-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

The french tabloid "Gala" confirms us Julien Doré (the winner of Pop Idol)
will maybe realise "Moi..Lolita" for first single...
:D i dunno , i think its gonna make people remember Alizee more if it happens

Geech 07-04-2007 05:31 PM

I'm with Moe, I think it will bring Alizee back in the spot light a little for a little but and that would would be awesome for her if she wants to release her next album soon.

Rev 07-04-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geech (Post 49497)
I'm with Moe, I think it will bring Alizee back in the spot light a little for a little but and that would would be awesome for her if she wants to release her next album soon.

My gut tells me that she needs to release her single before he does.

Killian 07-04-2007 07:49 PM

To be fair, he is pretty good (particularly his cover of Tainted Love), but I don't think he could do Moi... Lolita any justice. Plus, he's a young adult guy, not a young girl, anyone else find that strange :blink: Is this just spite on behalf of Mylène? Aloowing someone else to release Alizée's most famous and popular song.

Fusoya 07-05-2007 05:45 PM

Sounds a bit strange to me :p

espire 07-05-2007 06:26 PM

It's really strange. Does he not realize what he's singing?

The only way I can comprehend this is if Julien is "coming out." I'm not making fun here, I'm serious.

DesertFox 07-05-2007 07:03 PM

One word...WHAT THE FRAG WAS HE THINKING!!?? Moi Lolita is Alizee´s song and no other person alive will match her...not even an overgrown dude which by the way remembers me somebody who i allready hate.

Thanks a lot POP IDOL....:(

Deepwaters 07-05-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espire (Post 49673)
It's really strange. Does he not realize what he's singing?

The only way I can comprehend this is if Julien is "coming out." I'm not making fun here, I'm serious.

I've kind of stayed away from those videos with a deep visceral loathing, and haven't heard him enough to understand his lyrics. Did he change them?

Is he singing "Ma Lolita" (My Lolita) instead of "Moi Lolita" (Me, Lolita)? Is he doing a Humbert Humbert? I don't know, but that's the only way it can make any sense for a man to sing this song at all. And it's kind of disgusting even so.

fsquared 07-05-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepwaters (Post 49682)
I've kind of stayed away from those videos with a deep visceral loathing, and haven't heard him enough to understand his lyrics. Did he change them?

Is he singing "Ma Lolita" (My Lolita) instead of "Moi Lolita" (Me, Lolita)? Is he doing a Humbert Humbert? I don't know, but that's the only way it can make any sense for a man to sing this song at all. And it's kind of disgusting even so.

I presume from the intonation and altered melody that the whole performance is very sardonic. It would seem that part of its, er, appeal is the cognitive dissonance of a wan, morose man singing (if you can call it that) about being a reluctantly sexually precocious pubescent girl.

There's presumably a reason that Julien was labeled the French Sanjaya by PerezHilton.