Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Have you seen wBc game ,yesterday? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242)

alizeebrother 08-15-2006 04:22 PM

Have you seen wBc game ,yesterday?

basketball match, wbc
KOREA vs AMerica.. America 116-63 korea..
oh my god ..! America is basketball god.. :eek:

DJ_Greg 08-15-2006 04:33 PM

USA Basketball finally put together a team that wants to play well and play like a TEAM. The last few USA teams were built poorly, didn't spend much time together, and didn't really seem to care about winning. We're serious about it, this time around.

riva2model64 08-15-2006 04:41 PM

the US is also heavily into American football, and as we are aware of it here, the rest of the world plays rugby

American football, is confusing:confused:
rugby is more fun i think

dvtq 08-15-2006 05:17 PM

World FootBAll is the best

Bob 08-16-2006 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riva2model64 (Post 4022)
the US is also heavily into American football, and as we are aware of it here, the rest of the world plays rugby

American football, is confusing:confused:
rugby is more fun i think

ive seen em both, i think they are equal, both kinda funny to watch if you arnt rooting for a team tho

aditya8617 08-16-2006 03:21 AM

Does anyone else play basketball professionally other than America?

Bob 08-16-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya8617 (Post 4180)

im pretty sure yes becuase i keep hearing about american players moving to the european leauge

nurvonic 08-16-2006 11:27 AM

Im sure Japan has a basketball league. All 5 ft 2 inches of them. :D actually theres one japanese basketball player that i know of that plays for the NBA. i forgot what team and his name tho, but he's one tall dude

DJ_Greg 08-16-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya8617 (Post 4180)

Basketball is played professionally all over the world. Euroleague, for example.

Any time a European player gets drafted into the NBA, there are "buyout" issues, because these players have contracts with their European teams. Players have to literally buy their way out of their old contract in order to play in the NBA. Tiago Splitter, a highly-regarded Brazilian player, keeps dropping out of the draft because his buyout is too high, and NBA teams are afraid to draft him.

Almost all the good European players in the NBA have played professionally in Europe or elsewhere before being drafted into the American league.

DJ_Greg 08-16-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurvonic (Post 4222)
Im sure Japan has a basketball league. All 5 ft 2 inches of them. :D actually theres one japanese basketball player that i know of that plays for the NBA. i forgot what team and his name tho, but he's one tall dude

You're thinking of Yao Ming, and he's Chinese.