Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's bury a couple of myths, OK? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2567)

Deepwaters 10-05-2007 02:45 PM

Let's bury a couple of myths, OK?

Now that The Return is a reality, now that a new single has been released and appears to be selling well, and we've heard a rough version of another song and one brief radio interview, I think it's time to acknowledge that a couple of myths were running around that were nowhere near true.

Myth #1: Alizée's success in the past was purely due to her being the creation of Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutenant. Without their guidance, she'll flop on her face.

Reality: While it's true that she still hasn't demonstrated the ability to play an instrument or to write either music or lyrics, Alizée's performing brilliance is undimmed. Mylène and Laurent are a splendid team and compose and write wonderful music -- but they're not the only good composers and lyricists in France, and there are others that quite possibly fit Alizée's style better than they do. This isn't the end. It's the beginning.

Myth #2: Alizée went from being under the control of Mylène to being under the control of Jérémy Chatelaine, who is far inferior in talent and will guide her to disaster. Actually this is two myths in one -- that Alizée is under his control and that he has no talent.

Reality: Alizée is under no one's control but her own. Jérémy appears to have written all or most of the music for Psychédélices (and done it very well), but she chose others to write the lyrics, older writers who could bring more life experience and maturity to the lyrics than a 22-year-old, however talented.

And he is talented. Not all that good a performer IMO, but that means his own performances don't do his ability as a composer justice. If Mademoiselle Juliette and Fifty-Sixty are any indication, Jérémy is a very good composer indeed, and a good choice. And she didn't choose him for the job because he's her husband, she did it because he knows what he's doing.

So let's acknowledge that those ideas were all wrong, as we celebrate the return of Alizée, under her own steam, as her own woman at last.

brad 10-05-2007 03:10 PM

i don't think anyone here would have agreed with any of those anyway. whether they have been proven to be true or false yet or not.

lead2gold 10-05-2007 04:05 PM

The fact that the first single is selling decent honestly means very little. We are just going to have to wait and see. She could still flop.

Steven0022 10-05-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lead2gold (Post 68646)
The fact that the first single is selling decent honestly means very little. We are just going to have to wait and see. She could still flop.

How could you say such a horrible thing, Lili is going to be a HUGE hit!!! I have faith. If people like MJ so much I can only imagine how good the other songs song are going to be cause I LOVE 50/60 so far. SO HAVE FAITH!!!

davmuz 10-05-2007 05:42 PM

Tbh

To be with you, there's no way thats valid

lead2gold 10-05-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven0022 (Post 68657)
How could you say such a horrible thing, Lili is going to be a HUGE hit!!! I have faith. If people like MJ so much I can only imagine how good the other songs song are going to be cause I LOVE 50/60 so far. SO HAVE FAITH!!!

I do have faith. I'm just saying don't count your chickens before they hatch. ;)

Capn 10-05-2007 05:51 PM

I counted and already sold my chickens you have to trust in alizée's magic =D

davmuz 10-05-2007 05:57 PM

2one34

Great tunes, i want a release outside france at the moment. Though. Please. Mates lilly and that. Girl.

Killian 10-05-2007 07:06 PM

I think, to be fair, few members actually bought into any of those myths. But it is a good summary for lurkers and visitors browsing to see, so as to ensure they don't fall under false impressions of Lili's integrity.

heyamigo 10-05-2007 07:33 PM

i don't get it...you say now that the return is a reality, and you are debunking some "myths", but honestly nothing much has really happened. she hasn't come out and sang, and it's too early to gauge anything at the moment.

but those myths are more of opinions than facts. while it's silly to say that 100% of lili's success was due to MF/LB (i think it was more like 60% of it), it's too early to say anything conclusive about now vs then. and cmon, we honestly don't know her relationship with jeremy well enough to say anything, but her music is probably not under the total control of him for the obvious fact that she doesn't want her album to bomb! :D