Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Avril Lavigne ? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2578)

B_M_E 10-07-2007 11:09 AM

Avril Lavigne ?

Does anybody here listen to Avril Lavigne ? I just started listening to her discography yesterday and I'm loving her songs, I like her old stuffs better though. I really don't see why so many people hate on her music really, or why do people classify her music as Pop, when it's clear that she makes Pop Rock, not just Pop.

Uméesha 10-07-2007 11:19 AM

I Am here who likes Avril Lavigne, i like all the songs for her and i listen the latest album "Girl Friend" which was released in June 2007.
most of the times i used to listen the album complicated:)

i really like pop rock songs who ever may be!:)

Cooney 10-07-2007 01:49 PM

I usually enjoy listening her stuff. I don't take her too seriously, but I don't take life too seriously either, so I enjoy it.

I think a lot of people call her pop, as a way of distinguishing her from early career claims of being punk. Somebody would call her punk, and everybody else would laugh and say "No... she's pop" to piss them off :-P Pop-rock is definitely most accurate.

If Avril was Francophone, or Alizée were Anglophone, I think they'd get along :-)

lefty12357 10-07-2007 02:41 PM

I like a lot of her music too, although I haven't heard all of her newest album yet.

B_M_E 10-07-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooney (Post 69001)
I usually enjoy listening her stuff. I don't take her too seriously, but I don't take life too seriously either, so I enjoy it.

I think a lot of people call her pop, as a way of distinguishing her from early career claims of being punk. Somebody would call her punk, and everybody else would laugh and say "No... she's pop" to piss them off :-P Pop-rock is definitely most accurate.

If Avril was Francophone, or Alizée were Anglophone, I think they'd get along :-)

omg yeah ! or like imagine if the two of them made a song together, I'd probably faint lol

Drake498 10-07-2007 05:32 PM

nope... sry, definately not a fan...

The Cap 10-07-2007 05:55 PM

I've always found Avril Lavigne to be a bit of a bratty sl*t, but what do I know.

Fusoya 10-07-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cap (Post 69041)
I've always found Avril Lavigne to be a bit of a bratty sl*t, but what do I know.

hehe, I know what you mean :p

Myself Im not a fan of her, but I dont have anything against her music.

CK 10-07-2007 06:57 PM

i love her songs

Edcognito 10-07-2007 07:31 PM

I listen to her music some - When her first album came out, we listened to it on the way home from a shopping trip with the kids. Everyone liked it, and thought her voice was ok.

I don't mind her changing from "punk-ish" to pop-rock...

Meh - I can take it or leave it.

Ed:cool: