Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Instrumental/Karaoke (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3937)

Nikita 06-22-2008 10:39 AM

Instrumental/Karaoke

So,
I have been invited to compete in a singing-talent-show-competition-thing,
and for that I need a musicbackground for the song I am going to sing.

So I was wondering, if anyone could help me with where to find instrumental versions of Alizee's songs?
It'd be so much fun to sing one of her songs.
The competition isn't until August, but already, I'm worried about not finding the music.

All help is welcome! :)

Nikita

fsquared 06-22-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikita (Post 107339)
So,
I have been invited to compete in a singing-talent-show-competition-thing,
and for that I need a musicbackground for the song I am going to sing.

So I was wondering, if anyone could help me with where to find instrumental versions of Alizee's songs?
It'd be so much fun to sing one of her songs.
The competition isn't until August, but already, I'm worried about not finding the music.

All help is welcome! :)

Nikita

Here are some to get you started:
http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/en/content/music-files

Karin 06-22-2008 12:30 PM

yeap... but links don't work...

lefty12357 06-22-2008 03:52 PM

Check with ImRawdg. He might be willing to record you an instrumental version of an Alizée song that you can use.

heyamigo 06-22-2008 04:26 PM

yeah you should get moco's instrumentals they're the best free ones, but the links are down at AF. if you want it let me know, i'll upload them for you guys.

Nikita 06-22-2008 04:35 PM

Awh, I can't make up my mind... so hard to pick just one.
It was the same thing when I was entering the competition, you had to send in a voicesample, and I never made a decision on a song, so in the end I just sung the first song playing on the radio, and sent it in.
Turned out kinda strange, but I guess it was good enough. xD

But yeah, when I've come to a decision, I'll have some kind of idea of where to look.
Thanks! :)

TheBarrett 06-23-2008 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikita (Post 107369)
Awh, I can't make up my mind... so hard to pick just one.
It was the same thing when I was entering the competition, you had to send in a voicesample, and I never made a decision on a song, so in the end I just sung the first song playing on the radio, and sent it in.
Turned out kinda strange, but I guess it was good enough. xD

But yeah, when I've come to a decision, I'll have some kind of idea of where to look.
Thanks! :)

You know I think it would be great to do some of the more emotion-packed pieces from the MCE album, another question would be, in French? If indeed it would open up your choices to a lot, but i'm sure it'd be great to do such a thing. Now I live too far away to help you personally, being trained since age 2 with music and whatever related to it, and I have too slow of a computer to download any recorded samples I make, at least without waiting several...days...

I could however point you in some of my directions, to get instrumental versions of Alizée's music, I usually had to go through a lot of mixing and layering, trying tor educe the vocals to the lowest point I could. Of course this was a lot more boring...

The second method i've used was completely re-recording it, with me playing every part and recording it, then putting it on top of another. This of course won't be the exact result (albeit I never knew what equipment the instrumentalists/mixers used).

If indeed you take the second method, I can help you with the tablature/rhythm/notes and if it is needed, transposition, but whatever you do is completely up to you, sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Nikita 07-14-2008 08:21 AM

I'm sorry for dragging up this topic again, but I kinda forgot about it, and I just wanted to say thanks to you all for the help, and thanks to Karin for sending me a bunch of instrumental Alizee songs.

Unfortunately, Alizée's voice is much much deeper than mine, something that I don't really notice when I just sing along to her songs.
So I couldn't really handle singing any of her songs, wich was abit disappointing to me.. :/

Now I've finally decided, to sing It's Oh So Quiet, by Björk.
I'll let you know how it went. :)

fsquared 07-14-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikita (Post 109324)
I'm sorry for dragging up this topic again, but I kinda forgot about it, and I just wanted to say thanks to you all for the help, and thanks to Karin for sending me a bunch of instrumental Alizee songs.

Unfortunately, Alizée's voice is much much deeper than mine, something that I don't really notice when I just sing along to her songs.
So I couldn't really handle singing any of her songs, wich was abit disappointing to me.. :/

Now I've finally decided, to sing It's Oh So Quiet, by Björk.
I'll let you know how it went. :)

You can do something with key transposition. Midi files can easily be transposed, e.g. with Anvil Studio on Windows.

puffyrock2 07-15-2008 09:45 PM

Perhaps a tribute album might be a good idea. "A Tribute to Alizée" with songs from us, original songs and cover versions. Just an idea.