Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Will you tell THEM about HER? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4174)

mavsluver41 08-27-2008 09:12 PM

Will you tell THEM about HER?

If you have kids some time down the road, will you introduce them to Alizée? If so, how will you go about doing it? My parents have often tried to tell me about something that changed their lives (a band, a discovery, anything really), and I almost always experience a feeling of great indifference - mostly because I cannot relate to what they are speaking so passionately about. But this is different, right? Because the world may change, but there are two things that I know are timeless: great music and beauty (both of which can be ascribed to Lili :wub: ).

If you already have kids, this topic does not exclude you by any means, and your input would be much appreciated.

I thought a thread that was more "real-world" would be interesting, especially in light of the recent surge of interesting, but decidedly random, topics. It was either this, or "if Alizée were a vegetable, which one would she be :D ?"

RadioactiveMan 08-27-2008 09:17 PM

Depends on how you prepare it. Raw, I'd imagine that she would be a carrot stick. Perhaps a cucumber with salt and a dangerous level of pepper. Cooked, she'd have to be butter with a potato underneath.

BlackAdder 08-27-2008 09:43 PM

I did introduce my son to Alizee last year. We both play WOW and when I found out who she was and started listening to her, I had to share it with him. When I bought the ablums, I let him put them on his iPOD so he could listen when he wanted. He appreciates the music, just not as much as I do. Oh well...

Idéaliser 08-27-2008 09:49 PM

I guess..I'd just get a conversation about music going, get into foreign music somehow. Then explode with Liliness :P I probably couldn't hold back on how awesome she is and how she filled my early life with many happy memories xD

johntheswan 08-27-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAdder (Post 113190)
We both play WOW

What server you on?

lowbeam 08-27-2008 10:03 PM

I have two adult daughters, they both know about my Alizée addiction. I gave the youngest Alizée's latest CD after she requested. She likes the faster songs - MJ, 50/60. Lilly Town, etc. and still listens to them. The oldest is not interested at all. I've been a fan for about 2 years and I've learned to take others disinterest in stride, it doesn't change my opinion at all.

They both think Dad's a little bit crazy to fly to Mexico and Paris to see some French singer nobody's heard of but they know how much she means to me and how happy I was on my return from Mexico. So they don't understand but they accept my insanity.

ggin 08-27-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowbeam (Post 113194)
So they don't understand but they accept my insanity.

Wait! So you're crazy?? :eek: Ah, I don't care! See ya in Paris! :D

HelixSix 08-27-2008 10:36 PM

If I had kids I would tell them simply because she is a good role model. If I had a daughter I'd hope she would look up to Alizée.

TheBarrett 08-27-2008 10:56 PM

Well I have a theory that you end up liking the music that is the polar opposite to what you first hear.

Growing up, I lived so heavily amongst a cheesy techno/urban/hip-hop crazed group of citizens. I, used to like it at first, but I knew my true calling at age 7, I could feel the great Majesty take over my body and expose me to the music of realms outside of my own.

I don't know if this musical theory is particularly true, but I would like to substitute Baby lullabies with J'en ai Marre and send them to sleep with L'effet or Cœur Déjà Pris.

Tchaikovsky 08-28-2008 12:47 AM

Never Mwhahahahahahaa