Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Crusade, A Tale from Corsigcar:Prologue (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4288)

MonteCristo 10-08-2008 11:03 PM

The Crusade, A Tale from Corsigcar:Prologue

The sea queen has been exiled. The people of the island nation of Corsigcar had no leader. Through bribery and corruptive dealing within the many kingdoms on the island, Dark Elven Lord Brilikis il Cristo or Lord Cristo for short had convinced the Corsigcar league of High Queen Melody’s treachery. For this she was exiled. The Elven League, lead by the mermaid queens apprentice Lilly the third, of the house of Jacotey took over as the high queen of the Corsigcar League. The sea people, mermaids and mermen were the ruling class in Carrack, capital city of the kingdoms on this island. Though they themselves had called for the high queen’s banishment, they have lost the trust of all the races of Corsigcar. Hence they too, were banished

In Corsigcar, the true ruler must be a lady of great wisdom, beauty, and must be a legendary singer. Thus it wasn’t surprising that Lilly was chosen to be the new queen. Out of an island of nearly a million inhabitants, only three were fit to be queen. These were Siva; chosen mate of the dark elf king, Melody; mother of all elves and mermaids and Lilly; daughter of Anastasia Jacotey, nymph of the Healing Sea, and the first ever human king, Adam. Out of the three, the dark elf queen was the most playful, most sly, and most greedy. Melody possessed the greatest wisdom. Yet Lilly possessed all three, wisdom, beauty, and the fairest voice in the land. People would visit her palace daily for advice and to hear her voice. It is said that her voice has the powers to both heal, and make you forget all feeling but bliss. And so, life continued peacefully on the island of Corsigcar for another two hundred years.

But all is not well with this peaceful island nation. The dark queen got jealous as fewer people came to her to hear her voice, and when people had completely put her out of there heads, she got angry. Convincing her king, Lord Cristo to support her plan, together they made an alliance pact with the exiled mermaids. With the power of the high crown, stolen by the mermaids when they were exiled, and the dark elven Ring of the Sky, stolen by Lord Cristo from the high elves, they were able to spawn an army of goblins onto the island. Creatures of nightmares, and scary kid stories, these creatures hated the light, and they detest music.

Unfortunately for the dark elves, paladins were in the area of the summons. Sensing a waver in the essence of light, the roving band of law enforcers known as The Union, made up of Rangers, Paladins, and Wizards, sent rangers out to scout for this disturbing unrest. Coming back with horrific news, The Union made a hasty flight back to Carrack. Mermaids blocked there path. You see, The Union didn’t know about the pact made by dark elves and sea people. Outnumbered five to one, The Union fought its way across mermaid territory and was finally routed on the Plains of Carrack. There, they knew they faced imminent defeat. Standing silently on Sacred Hill, The Union stood strong and bold, watching as the mermaids, elves, and goblins surrounding them moved in for the kill. Fighting back with outstanding skill and courage, with hammer and shield, bow and arrow, staff and sword, and when those broke, they fought with fist and tooth. Such ferocity was never seen by the dark elves, who were once the high queen’s private army. Just when The Union’s ranks were about to crumble in defeat, a horn blasted five notes into the air. From the gates of Carrack, The Corsigcar League shot out like lightning, a charge of nearly fifty thousand strong, and at its head was Lilly the third. And at her side was her pet Tinkerbelle. Scattering the Dark Leagues frontlines like the dry leaves of autumn, they gave in under the savage onslaught of orcs, high elves, wood elves, dwarfs, and humans. The League has saved The Union.

But this tale is far from over. As Lilly lead a direct charge for Lord Brilikis il Cristo. Siva threw a boulder at Lilly and knocked her senseless, sensing his chance, Lord Cristo took out Lilly’s squad and had his Champion captain Ardol tie her up and kidnap her away from the battle. With this victory, the Corsigcar League had gained nothing, but lost a queen, forever, this November the 6th would forever be known as the Day of Sorrow for the many fans and loyal citizens of Lilly.

Unwavered and steadfastidly determined to get there queen back, the high elf Pelkrydis called for a crusade into the Dark Elf Kingdom to rescue there beloved queen from capture. And so end this prologue I shall. For the story does go on, but not in this section. I will tell of a much smaller part of this story. Of a small ragtag group of fighters who embarked upon this crusade. Along the way, they will meet many friends, and have many betrayals. But there courage, friendship, and determination to rescue there Lady will see them through in the end. And so begins this tale- The Crusade…..

Much thanks to Tomtentp for inspiring me to do this.

Same to TheBarrett for putting as much effort into this as I did.

Thanks to everyone else for submitting there characters into this story
it would have been much harder if I didn’t have a foundation for the upcoming
people in this tale.

woohoo 10-08-2008 11:12 PM

This is Awesome, the only thing I saw a flaw in was this part.
"And so, life continued peacefully on the island of Corsigcar for another two hundred years"
I don't think humans or nymphs live that long so I would say to shorten its a little.

MonteCristo 10-08-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woohoo (Post 117074)
This is Awesome, the only thing I saw a flaw in was this part.
"And so, life continued peacefully on the island of Corsigcar for another two hundred years"
I don't think humans or nymphs live that long so I would say to shorten its a little.

nymphs in this story are demigod elves, and i never said humans lived that long.

vercingetorix 10-08-2008 11:51 PM

Cool cool...

:) I like the way it ended ''A CRUSADE''...I like crusades...And I'm a knight...The story is pretty cool I like it...Can't wait to read the next chapter...:p

Sir Wood 10-08-2008 11:56 PM

I can see why you chose November 6th... :(

What a coincidence that earlier today I was just reminiscing this:
"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas, I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them... but you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it, or hold it... ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man... A man that made me remember the Fifth of November. A man that I will never forget."

But mostly: Remember, remember, the 23rd of October, when the Le Grand Rex concert in Paris was not to be... /sigh

woohoo 10-09-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 117077)
nymphs in this story are demigod elves, and i never said humans lived that long.

I stand corrected, and with that I give you you an all go for launch.

MonteCristo 10-09-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Wood (Post 117087)
I can see why you chose November 6th... :(

What a coincidence that earlier today I was just reminiscing this:
"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas, I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them... but you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it, or hold it... ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man... A man that made me remember the Fifth of November. A man that I will never forget."

But mostly: Remember, remember, the 23rd of November, when the Le Grand Rex concert in Paris was not to be... /sigh

actually, i did this as a joke, november the 6th is when lilly got wedded, other than that, its very important to remember the 5th of november, a day draws near when we need another guy fawkes

Sir Wood 10-09-2008 01:16 AM

^^ Ahhh, I thought you tied in the date for the Day of Sorrow to that of the cancellation announcement and the said quote (because of your avatar). It just goes to prove how a person will interpret what ever is occuring in their life counter to what the original artist/author had in their own mind.

Yeah, well I'm staying out of that political discussion. O_o

jung_adore_ALIZEE 10-10-2008 07:39 AM

very nicely done my friend

MonteCristo 11-08-2008 02:03 PM

chapter one:
http://lillycrusadechapterone.pbwiki.com/
and chapter two:
http://lillycrusadechaptertwo.pbwiki.com/