Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   L'Alize lingers for a bit too long? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4847)

Hylas1896 06-18-2009 01:14 AM

L'Alize lingers for a bit too long?

Hey, I like the song L'Alize as much as anyone, so I'm not being negative...

My question: does the song seems to linger a refrain too long?

Other songs seem to end purposely a bit too soon: for good effect.

Hylas1896

Jeff 06-18-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylas1896 (Post 132181)

Hylas1896

Actually it could be a bit longer to me. :D

banshee 06-18-2009 01:25 AM

I think it's a matter of opinion, for me no.

TheBarrett 06-18-2009 01:41 AM

Songs should be long. Unless they suck.
So yes, I do enjoy very long songs, and am in possession of many over 20 minute songs myself. :)

Ben 06-18-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBarrett (Post 132184)
Songs should be long. Unless they suck.

Or become repetitive. It's interesting, since Psych (which generally has a quicker get-in, get-out style) I've found that, while still great, many of Alizée's older tracks feel just a little long and repetitive to me.

Roman 06-18-2009 03:01 AM

It depends on my mood or how I'm paying attention to it. Sometimes I don't notice it, but sometimes I do, as Ben said several do that repetition thing. It's a good thing they are such great songs, especially L'Alizé.
That reminds me of another song, Christophe Willem's song "Le Lycée". It's great all the way through, but right before the last repetition of the refrain it sounds like it's going to end and really should have. It would have been much better to end there, but instead the music changes slightly and repeats the refrain losing the musical satisfaction it had generated. Fortunately, I don't find it annoying on any of Alizée's songs. That reminds me of another thing I don't care for much, the fade out. That is, sometimes it's good, but I would prefer that the majority of songs not do it. Do any Alizée songs do that? JEAM? I don't remember. It does when she has lip-synced performances for it.

user472884 06-18-2009 08:49 AM

thats like complaining that "Stairway To Heaven" is too long.... *V8 commercial style smack*

im waiting on like a freaking 20 minute super alizée song that combines elements from "gourmandises","mes courants électriques","psychédélices" and the new album

puffyrock2 06-18-2009 11:35 AM

Most of Alizee's older songs were generally around the 5 minute mark, i felt the songs were well rounded and lasted the right length. The lush orchestrated sound of those first 2 albums didn't get repetitive to me. Since Psychedelices is more electro-pop oriented, the songs are better off shorter.

LL Cool B 06-18-2009 12:45 PM

Would November Rain be November Rain if it were not 9+ minutes? That's all I've got to say about that!

-B

OGRE 06-18-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylas1896 (Post 132181)

Hylas1896

Maybe it does linger a bit.
But so does the wind.
In that case, it doesn't because it does.