Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   So, um, when is your Alizeeversity? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5089)

wildfire 09-20-2009 08:15 PM

So, um, when is your Alizeeversary?

Yup, when was the first time you discovered this girl... Now as true fans I assume you have the date furiously circled on your calender.. with every electronic calendar counting down to that date. You have iAlizeeversary on your iPhone. Your significant other perhaps spends the day sobbing into a pillow while you surf her gallery here with a nice glass of wine, surrounded by candles. You click on that special playlist on youtube... modern day mixer tape if you will.... You gently caress the family Goldfish...

however way you celebrate, whats your Alizeeversary day?:wub:

Sadly, I can't quite pinpoint my day... I strayed often back then... on Google... between "French Dancer", "lebonese women", "armenian women", "Paulina Poriskova", Thalia, " Oh my God, the shame... There were so many.... I didn't know what I had... oh how I strayed.... but.. I'd like to say.. march 2009 maybe? :blink:

TheBarrett 09-20-2009 08:18 PM

I'd have to say the true start of a fandom began on December 27, 2001.
I stopped celebrating or caring about it around...February 1, 2009.

Fall 09-20-2009 08:28 PM

I've been trying to pinpoint the day I first discovered her, but no luck so far :o:(. I'll get it one day though:)!! All I know is that this little red fish was hooked in early January 2009. I downloaded so many videos... that my Zune died lol. Simply froze and stopped working. I was determined not to be Alizéeless (:eek:) so i kept downloading and eventually i got a new Zune in late April. Then I registered on the site in July. And the downloading has... trying to think of a word similar to skyrocketed! lol. :wub:

ps- I want to say thank you to everybody who ever posted a download link on here. Thank you very much to Brad for making the site, Ben for keeping it going, and every member for making it so fun and entertaining. (And Lilly for being the most amazing thing ever:wub::o:D)

ImRawdg 09-20-2009 09:31 PM

Somewhere right before Christmas of 2007, can't remember the exact date, but I didn't get hooked right away by any means. I didn't watch any video really, just downloaded the J'en ai marre MP3 and didn't really want to become a fan, was in denial for a good 2 or 3 months till I "accepted" it. I am a prog rocker so getting into girly pop was not in my best interest. So it was a slow process for me. I wouldn't have it any other way though, it has helped my music taste IMO. Sorry, but I'm a bit Alizée'd out at this point. Hope the new material is good :)

lefty12357 09-20-2009 10:09 PM

Somewhere between the latter part of 2001 or early on in 2002. I saw part of the "Parler tout bas" video on American TV. I was hooked then, but I didn't actually find her again until the summer of 2006. I've been totally on board ever since.

Like ImRawdg, I am a fan of prog rock too, but I also like singer/songwriters and some mainstream and pop. My tastes kind of go all over the place. I like Gretchen Peters, Brenda Weiler, and David Wilcox, as well as Dream Theater, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Kansas, ELP, Spock's Beard, Neal Morse, the Beatles and Ambrosia. This is a very small and incomplete list. All the people I hang out with are musicians and into the same stuff. Only one of them have I been able to get to accept Alizée. He loves Sade and I understand completely. It was this fact that opened the door to him understanding how I feel about Alizée.

The hardest part for me in accepting Alizée was the fact that she didn't play an instrument or write music or lyrics. This was always something I just expected of the artists I follow. But Alizée's voice, personality and charm won me over. The music has been good as well, so I can also appreciate the people she works with. Bottom line, I simply enjoy what she does.

wildfire 09-20-2009 10:52 PM

Wow, two of you folks have already "broken up" with alizee... how sad... :D

user472884 09-20-2009 10:59 PM

Alizéeversity? Don't you mean something more like "Aliversary" or "Alizéeversary" or something closer to the word "anniversary"?

-----

I also (and this infuriates me so much) cannot remember the exact day or even the freaking month.... my computer deletes the history every month, youtube doesn't tell you when you first watched a video... but I think I converted somewhere around February

wildfire 09-21-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen (Post 140705)
Alizéeversity? Don't you mean something more like "Aliversary" or "Alizéeversary" or something closer to the word "anniversary"?

You are correct.. I fixed it .. I hope!

jung_adore_ALIZEE 09-21-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire (Post 140698)
Wow, two of you folks have already "broken up" with alizee... how sad... :D

um better add one more to the list

me I found her sometime in october/november earlier or later in 2007 and did not make it a year :p

Criss_pl 09-21-2009 08:10 AM

I saw/heard her in 2001, I was shocked, but I was only 10, so I didn't followed Her, I didn't even have access to Internet:p In June this year, I heard her and sticked... especially to lyrics, I found something refering to my life in them:) I'm still at very high level of admiration.