Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   iTunes! You're missing out! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5372)

BlackAnthem 02-10-2010 06:16 PM

iTunes! You're missing out!

Okay, so recently I have been requesting they RE-add Alizee in the iTunes Store. I realized they only had her first two albums on there. So I'm thinking, since my parents won't let me buy the new album off amazon or her main page, I need to buy it on iTunes. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to get her back in the spotlight, where she belongs!

So I would like everyone to request the hell out of her to apple!

Människöpesten 02-10-2010 06:35 PM

way ahead of you

user472884 02-10-2010 07:34 PM

well... the reason the first two albums are on itunes are....

drum roll

Myléne Farmer and Laurent Boutonnant.

For whatever reason, Alizée doesn't want her own work available for download.

Make up some bullshit like because of some thievery (heaven and Chuck Norris forbid) only the cd will be sold only from her site or amazon

Lerxst 02-10-2010 10:18 PM

That's not entirely accurate. Psych is available on the France and Mexico versions of iTunes, just not on the US (and Canada) versions.

And the reason has nothing to do with Alizee or Mylene or Laurent's preferences. It has to do with the fact that Psych was never released in the US (Alizee does not have a record deal in the US).

ImRawdg 02-11-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerxst (Post 151130)
That's not entirely accurate. Psych is available on the France and Mexico versions of iTunes, just not on the US (and Canada) versions.

And the reason has nothing to do with Alizee or Mylene or Laurent's preferences. It has to do with the fact that Psych was never released in the US (Alizee does not have a record deal in the US).

So in other words it's not possible (legally or whatever)? Or they just kind of "aren't" adding it? Not that I'm interested in using the Itunes Store ever but I just am curious why it still hasn't been added there.

BrianB 02-11-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerxst (Post 151130)
It has to do with the fact that Psych was never released in the US (Alizee does not have a record deal in the US).

Thank you for that explanation. Ever since I discovered her in late '08 I wondered why Psychédélices was unavailable not only on iTunes but also other legal download sites like the Amazon MP3 Store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImRawdg (Post 151135)
Not that I'm interested in using the Itunes Store ever but I just am curious why it still hasn't been added there.

Well, it's a big deal for me since I own two iPods. ;) More importantly though, since 2008 iTunes has been the No. 1 music retailer in the US:
Quote:

The iTunes Store leads the pack with 19 percent, Wal-Mart (which includes the brick-and-mortar stores as well as its online properties) is second with 15 percent, and Best Buy is third with 13 percent. Amazon is a distant fourth at 6 percent, trailed by the likes of Borders, Circuit City, and Barnes & Noble. Rhapsody is in the tenth slot with 1 percent.
While I have no problems buying the CDs and DVDs (I bought En Concert and Psychédélices at barnesandnoble.com) I'm always worried that not having her songs on iTunes will hold her back here in the US.

Despite all that, when her album does come out I'm going to join BlackAnthem and Människöpesten and again make a request. I remember when I got my first iPod I put in requests for The Motors, The Primitives, Heaven 17, and The Lightning Seeds since none of them were available at the time. While I can't claim credit I can say that all of them are there now. :D
Brian

BlackAnthem 02-11-2010 09:32 AM

Yeah really. So I tried to buy it directly from iTunes France and it wouldn't let me. It says I need to be a resident of France to do that (or at least have a billing address there).

SO UNFAIR!

One time I asked Apple why they didn't have here there: We need a translator to make sure that the music is appropriate ETC ETC ETC.

Something like that.

Anyway thanks BrainB and Människöpesten for the support. I'm just thinking if we flood them with requests they will have to do it!

Deepwaters 02-11-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAnthem (Post 151162)
Yeah really. So I tried to buy it directly from iTunes France and it wouldn't let me. It says I need to be a resident of France to do that (or at least have a billing address there).

SO UNFAIR!

So phenomenally STUPID.

The recording industry has done everything it can to slow down and hamper the move to digital downloads. Just like the big publishers are doing now, they feared it would lead to loss of their control over the music business. But in the end it can't be stopped, because it offers consumers too much convenience.

The smart way to deal with the phenomenon would have been:

1) Accept the end of the old world.
2) Make digital downloads of all music easily available everywhere in the world through legitimate channels at a low price.
3) Give up on trying to stop piracy by force. As long as legitimate channels exist to buy music at a low price, piracy will be endurable, although it won't go away. More people turn to piracy because music isn't available legitimately or because they think the record companies are gouging. There will always be a way around measures to stop piracy. The record companies needed to make people not think turning to pirates was worth the bother.
4) Downsize and redefine their role in the music business.

National boundaries for downloads are a part of the problem. Suppose someone was not a "devoted fan" but wanted to hear Alizée's new album, and lived outside France. The first thing they'd do is try to download it from iTunes. Balked at that, and annoyed, do you think they'd wait for the physical CD, or go to the nearest pirate source and download it for free?

The latter, most likely.

User22 02-11-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAnthem (Post 151162)

SO UNFAIR!

One time I asked Apple why they didn't have here there: We need a translator to make sure that the music is appropriate ETC ETC ETC.

Something like that.

Anyway thanks BrainB and Människöpesten for the support. I'm just thinking if we flood them with requests they will have to do it!

1)I am so glad someone finally feels my pain...
2)Tell me how to request her on iTunes and I will bring a Tsunami of requests to them.
3)If UEdS doesnt get on iTunes in time then hopefully BarnesandNobles.com or Borders.com will carry it since they have her previous albums.
4)Yah don't waste your time at France iTunes cuz yah you need a French CC with a valid French Address. And French iTunes Cards dont work haha
5)I sooo hope I can get to UEdS!!!

BlackAnthem 02-11-2010 10:43 AM

Request here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroniu31 (Post 151170)
2)Tell me how to request her on iTunes and I will bring a Tsunami of requests to them.

Request here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

Don't forget to say you want to see it on AMERICAN iTUNES!