Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media Section (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you watch video from the studio? (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7191)

Ray4AJ 09-11-2012 08:08 PM

Would you watch video from the studio?

It's kinda slow here today, so I'll throw this out there.

I was thinking that they should record video of Alizée singing in the studio as she records the new album. Not that blurry stuff like last time. Record everything in HD with at least 2 cameras and make a DVD of the whole album showing her singing it. Edit it and dub in the final versions of the songs with the music. I'd buy it. When I watch En Concert I get mesmerized just watching her sing. It seems to me like it wouldn't be expensive for them to do. Most likely it's too late to do this for Album 5 though.

Has any artist ever released something like this? Maybe it wouldn't turn out like I imagine it would. Think of the clip of that Christmas song where they show Alizée singing 'it's Chrismas tonight..' Could anyone watch a whole 40 or so minutes of that?

Then we couldn't get it in the US anyway....

melovelily 09-11-2012 08:46 PM

Would love to see something like that , don't know if they have ever done that b4 ( maybe it was done for documentaries or "movies" like katy perry's one earlier this year :confused: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray4AJ (Post 232512)
Could anyone watch a whole 40 or so minutes of that?

Watching alizee singing for nearly an hour :13: i don't see why anyone couldn't/wouldn't do that :D

lefty12357 09-11-2012 09:21 PM

I like seeing the process that goes on in the studio, especially when it involves the music and artists I like to listen to. I have a DVD put out by one band showing them working on parts of all the songs on one of their albums, including a bit of the mixdown process. There are other artists who have done this, but sometimes things are staged a bit rather than an actual recording session. The DVD I mentioned is the real thing, just someone holding a video camera capturing parts of real sessions.

Rev 09-12-2012 01:57 AM

A DVD of 30 minutes+ would be a great bonus item. :)

Karin 09-12-2012 05:42 AM

you can only dream about such "bonus"

Jenny_HRO87 09-12-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 232527)

I would love to have something like this but I think Karin is right... unless they release a bit of the studio stuff on youtube I doubt there will be a bonus... they didn't even manage to put a music video on her previous CDs so I highly doubt it...

Euphoria 09-12-2012 03:32 PM

Yeah, it would be cool but the album is basically done.

Ray4AJ 09-12-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 232524)
A DVD of 30 minutes+ would be a great bonus item. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karin (Post 232527)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 232543)
Yeah, it would be cool but the album is basically done.

I hadn't thought of it as a bonus. That would be great. I can only dream about it though, and besides, it's too late this time.

I was thinking of it to be a way for them to make more money in the long run, since sales are down for the most part in the industry. But the problem nowadays is that one of the first few people who got a copy would want to show their friends how smart they are and show off their skillz so it would get ripped and posted on the internet within hours. Then few other fans would actually buy it. Like when ACDLA was sampled to the newsletter subscribers for limited playing. It got ripped and was all over the web in less than an hour. That was some way for newsletter subscribing fans to support Alizée. But that's how things are now and the industry seems to realize it. Rant over.

However if an in-studio 'concert' DVD had been prepared it would have made a great item to include in the collectors box. Maybe it would pre-sell even more. I'll just stick to my day job I guess and leave music marketing to the pros.

...just a dream...

woohoo 09-12-2012 08:52 PM

If it has Alizée in it I will watch it.

Panther 09-12-2012 09:56 PM

Yes please, I would love to watch that and I would buy it if it was released as a separate DVD in its own right.