Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Discussion (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Please pardon my question, but... (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7579)

C-4 06-20-2013 10:31 AM

Please pardon my question, but...

Why is it so slow around here?
This is the first time in a long time that I have had the opportunity to spend some time here, and there is hardly any activity.

What am I missing, please? :dontknow:
Thank you. Stephen

Ray4AJ 06-20-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-4 (Post 243220)
Why is it so slow around here?
This is the first time in a long time that I have had the opportunity to spend some time here, and there is hardly any activity.

What am I missing, please? :dontknow:
Thank you. Stephen

Hi C-4,
My theory is that since the build up to the album release has passed and the promo seems to be winding down that many folks have taken the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors for a while.

C-4 06-20-2013 01:06 PM

Thanks, Ray!
I work indoors, at a computer all day, so this is as close as I can get to being outdoors during the day.

I am looking forward to the Tour De France as they are starting on Corsica for the first 3 days, and will be in Ajaccio on day 2 and start from there on day 3.

I would love it if they would at least mention Alizée sometime during the broadcast.

lapinschous 06-20-2013 02:07 PM

It's the same on the french forums: very little if any activity.

The real problem comes from the number of members leaving being greater than the one of new members registering . Especially on Alizée-Forum where it feels like sailing on a leaking boat that lets the water in faster than it is bailed out.

ALS 06-20-2013 02:59 PM

If you want I do know how to easily rile up the natives. That should liven up the place up for a day or two. :D

Jake04 06-20-2013 03:01 PM

Yeah. Even Aaronius, who for years almost single-handedly kept this forum alive, seems to be missing nowadays. :( We're lucky to have members like Karin, lapinschous, melovevlily, Ray, Fall and a few others who keep this boat afloat! :2_thumbs:

PS: Thanks also to the "spammers" who make this forum look so busy! :D

Saerdna 06-20-2013 05:59 PM

Perhaps we should start another "Alizée´s hair/legs/eyes"-thread ? :p

I would´t mind...

Marka 06-20-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saerdna (Post 243230)
Perhaps we should start another "Alizée´s hair/legs/eyes"-thread ? :p

I would´t mind...

Yeah, another thread where I would show how clueless and ignorant I am when it comes to female means of self-decoration and deception of noobs like me ... :)))

Do it!

lefty12357 06-20-2013 07:27 PM

The one thing we haven't seen too much of is an influx of new members that are overflowing with enthusiasm. In the past, it seemed there was always a few new members popping up that would get us all engaged in conversations about Alizée. I've been here since 2006 and I suppose I am kind of all talked out on a lot of the subjects concerning Alizée. It's not that I am any less interested in her and her music, it's just that you reach a point were you're just repeating yourself.

Maybe it's also because Alizée is more forthcoming in sharing aspects of her private life. It sort of leaves less room for a lot of the speculation that used to go on. In any case, she has been fairly active during the "5" promo. It should have given us a lot of new material to discuss. Personally, I haven't had the time to track down new stuff in a timely manner. I am grateful to members like Karin and Lappy for posting such things.

lapinschous 06-20-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty12357 (Post 243233)
Maybe it's also because Alizée is more forthcoming in sharing aspects of her private life. It sort of leaves less room for a lot of the speculation that used to go on.

http://fsymbols.com/images/crying-meme.gif