View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
She has more fans in New York and Los Angles than she does in Guam, Puerto Rico and Hawaii combined.
Now that I think about it, you're likely right on that one point. An L.A. show might be able to draw a few hundred to maybe a couple of thousand, if for no other reason than the proximity to Mexico. I'll concede your point for almost any location in southern California, and most medium to large cities in the southwest, like Phoenix, El Paso, etc. Texas has a few smaller cities that could support one of her shows in a mid-size arena or concert venue.

Quote:
There's more chance of her getting a full house here in NYC or LA than anywhere else. Last I check NYC and LA have the biggest US fan base,
As I've already said, I have to concede L.A. as a definitely good possibility. New York is a completely different story.

As far as New York goes - or any major East Coast city, for that matter - there isn't a snowball's chance she could sell out a venue large enough to accommodate the size of show she would want to put on for large fan bases in Mexico, Europe and Russia. An arena on the East Coast - New York or any metropolis east of the Mississippi River - big enough for the show wouldn't come anywhere near selling out.

Without major radio airplay and some substantial retail history here in the U.S., her commercial position here would be worse than an emerging new domestic artist. She's not even a blip on any domestic music sales tracking chart - domestic product and other highly-financed British imports (read: English lyrics to songs) are the only music U.S. corporate-run radio wants to play, and the only musicians domestic record labels will support.

If you totaled up every mainland U.S. Alizée fan who would be willing to travel to a concert some distance from their home, you'd still have an almost immeasurably small percentage of the music-listening public. If you could find a way to magically transport every Alizée fan in the mainland U.S. to one large arena or concert venue located somewhere on the East Coast, maybe - and that's a huge long-shot MAYBE - you sell some seats for one concert. Barring that magical transporter device, there isn't an adequately sized venue on the East Coast that would even sell through to as much as 1/3 or, at best, 1/2 capacity. That means the people who finance the tour would likely be taking a loss on that show, and that's not good business.

Quote:
Im honestly willing to bet New York,
Then that's a bet I'm dead certain you would lose.

If you want to carry on the pipe dream of some big New York or Chicago or even Dallas concert extravaganza, well then, you've got every right to dream. Personally, when I dream like that, I'm winning a $100,000,000 lottery or spending an all-expenses paid week with a dozen Playboy centerfold models at some luxurious island resort. You dream your dreams and I'll dream mine ... both have about the same odds of coming true.

Last edited by The Cap; 05-10-2008 at 06:01 PM..