View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Oh you had to make this thread. Oh god, I can feel my fingers, they are just dying to do this.

With respects to the original writers, I think a little re-orchestration could need doing on the marked songs (*).

Achilles Last Stand* - Led Zeppelin (perhaps renamed, Alizée's Last Stand )
Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
Badge - Cream
Love of my Life - Queen (I would just melt if she did this )
Battle of Evermore* - Led Zeppelin (I would melt further if she sang this duet with me )
Pinball Wizard* - The Who
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
Dancing in the Street - the many bands who covered this song, Jagger/Bowie, Van Halen, etc.
Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes
Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd (we might need to break this 26 minute song into something more accessible )
Yesterday - Beatles (come on, its automatic)
Blackbird - Beatles (sort of rough on the rhythmic structure and timing, but she could pull it off )
Bicycle Race - Queen (I would DIE if she did this song, die of her cuteness)
Don't Stop Believing* - Journey
Amsterdam - Coldplay (I this song)
Money - Pink Floyd (I think I would just melt if she did anything from this list )
Smooth Operator - Sade (she better make hire me to play the Sax for this one )
Crossroads - Cream (okay, this one isn't serious, but I just had to put this one on cause i'm playing it atm )

Of course, try not to imagine the original songs and thinking about how they WON'T fit Alizée. Rather, think about how Alizée would sound, try to imagine her put on the song as a concert, place her voice in, refine the song as neatly as you can to suit Alizée's tone and timbre, and we've got ourselves some hot stuff.