View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

It's unfortunately true -- double standards between men and women in society have given men a relaxed etiquette when it comes to telling women what they want (read: T&A).

HOWEVER, I'd like to draw a distinction here by pointing out that the pro-tight-clothes conclave is NOT trying to make Alizée into a sex icon. As I've repeatedly said, tighter clothes simply look cooler onstage. I've always regarded the JEAM outfit, for instance, as something cool rather than, uh, boner-inducing.

In fact, the only Alizée outfit to make me go "wowzers in the trousers" was the Lolita jacket -- and that's NOT what I'm asking for, although something similarly unique would be welcome. (We can do without the exposed booty nowadays, but the fur trim and color scheme were inspired).

The simple fact of the matter is, right now these pregnancy gowns hide her waist. And, as is clear from the Love is All performance, she has no reason to hide her waist. Why is the waist so important? Isn't this all a waste of time? (Ohoho).

Cinching the clothes at the waist creates a slimming effect that's SLEEK and DYNAMIC -- hopefully like the music she's performing. If her figure is defined it creates a more kinetic presence, which infuses her performances with more energy, more charm. It's one of the reasons I think the Love is All performance worked so well.

The other thing to change, aside from a switch to tighter clothes, is her heels. She needs to return to shoes with shorter heels, like she wore on the first two album. The heels she's using now look ridiculous. They inhibit her movement and make her seem oddly fidgety when she moves onstage. I'd really like to see her return to the boots of yesteryear. The boots she wore in the JPVA performance were particularly cute.

That's my two cents.