View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Uh, I can think of only one instance where a Frenchman has divided in ’06 WC, while there has been multiple incidence where Italian players has dived. Want examples, how about in the 2002 Worldcup when Francesco Toti dived against South Korea resulting in him getting a second yellow, resulting in a red card and him getting kicked out of the game. Ask any Australian and they will tell you that in the 2006 World Cup, Grosso dived and got a penalty costing Australia the game. Also, Petite dived against France in Euro qualifiers resulting him in getting a Yellow. There are also other dirty players on the team other than Materazzi like Del Rossi who elbowed intentionally our American player Brain McBride at ’06 World Cup causeing him to bleed very badly and later having surgery. That little scoundrel thought he could get away with elbowing McBride but he got caught and was ejected from the game.

There is a also a history of cheating in the Italian League, like when Juventus was stripped of their Serie A title in ’06 and demoted from Serie A and AC Milan was deducted points for cheating as well, and this is coming from one of the two best teams in Serie A. Fact is there is a history of cheating, diving and playing dirty coming from the Italian side thats why there is hate towards Italy. That’s not to say all the players are like that, I haven’t seen Cannavaro play dirty.

I ilke a lot of the French public were unhappy with the manner that people like Materazzi behaved in the ’06 World Cup Final, really, is it necessary to say all those dirty things to Zidane about his mom especially on the day when Zidane’s mom got very ill and went to the hospital. France clearly got robbed in ‘06. That is why the French public hates the Italians and were booing their national anthem during Euro ’08 qualifiers when Italy played France in Paris.

As for Christiano Ronaldo, I will give you that he certainly imbelishes when he falls down, but like TheBarrett said he is a brilliant player, watching him play is very entertaining, he has some serious skills with the ball. If you saw him in todays game there were sometimes 2-3 Turkish players marking him because he is that good and he almost scored in an insane free-kick.

I preferably didn't see the point of Materazzi ripping on Zidane and his mother and sister like that, I really never have seen any tensions between the two before this incident. Which further leads me to conclude that perhaps Materazzi was TOLD to say these things to Zidane, knowing full well of Zidane's short-temper, just to anger him and do something which will earn him a red card.

How I wonder how the '06 World Cup would have ended if Zidane kept his cool and stayed in the game. I'm not a full hater towards Italy, there are some clubs and players which I absolutely like and follow, but they wouldn't be my choice, i'd prefer France or Portugal, perhaps Spain, over them as well. (England if they had qualified for UEFA 2008, but no...)