View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibir View Post
Watch some replays of this and tell me that Song doesn't trip Totti. It wasn't a dive. I will say that it shouldn't have been a penalty either, Song got the ball then took out Totti so play should have just continued as normal. Not to mention the VERY questionable refereeing against the Italians when they played South Korea, and really throughout the entire 2002 World Cup.
I would disagree with you there. Various Football commentators and newspapers around the world would tell you that was a dive. The contact that was there was not significant enough for him to fall over. It seemed like a desperate move by Totti to me, South Korea scored to level, it was in extra time and South Korea had the momentum, Totti to me thought he could end this nightmare by just falling down and getting a penalty and the referee didn't fall for it. Italy has resorted to this type of behaviour before like against Australia in '06 when they were a man down becuause Materazzi got a red card (surprise, surprise!!!) and Italy looked like they might go down and out pops Grosso with the dive. Unfortunately, the referree fell for that one. I have seen teams do these kind of things then they are on the verge of elimination, like in '06 World Cup Semi-final Ronaldo took an obvious dive in the penalty box just before they were eliminated by France. Players do desperate things in desperate situations unfortunately that involves diving for some.

Quote:
Once again, very unfortunate. Although I'm not sure I'd deem what happened in the past few years enough to say there is a "History of Cheating".
Well the reason I say thise is because before the '82 World Cup Italy had the same scandal of corruption and cheating in the Italian league just like they had in '06. So, there is a bit of a history. While come you never see Manchester United or Arsenal be involved in these type of major scandals in the Premier League or with Barcelona or Real Madrid in La Liga. That alone speaks for itself.

Quote:
I've said it already, Materazzi is scum. Granted I still think Zidane should have been sent off, I don't care what Materazzi said, that was idiotic on Zidane's part.

Quote:
Ronaldo is an amazing player, I was simply pointing out the fact that he dives a lot. This is also proves my point of how people love to hate on the Italians. Ronaldo dives more than the Italian team put together yet, it's ignored because he's such a brilliant player.
I agree with you there, Zidane shouln't have head-butted. But Materazzi was saying very nasty things to Zidane at a sensitive time for Zidane, his mother was at the hospital. Hope Materazzi scum gets red carded if he pulls another antic in this tournament.

As for Ronaldo, as I said before he does imbelish his falls. Hopefully, he will be carded this time around if does go on a diving spree like he did against France in '06.