View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 01:59 PM

mibir is on a distinguished road

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree with Totti as our personal bias I suppose will not let us agree on this one. I'm sure some commentators have said it was a dive, as some have said it wasn't. For instance, the English/American commentators who did that game live were disgusted that it was a penalty on Totti. Even after the replay was showed many times.

Also don't forget there were refereeing scandals in Germany and Brazil in 2005. In 1993 Marseille was accused of match-fixing after their 1993 UEFA Champions League win. They haven't won a trophy since. In 1993 Bruce Grobbelar, goalkeeper for Liverpool, was accused of taking 4000 pounds to make sure they lost to Newcastle, which they did, 3-0. Although here no verdict was reached, so I will say that. Finally, in 1963 Esmond Million of Bristol Rovers took 300 pounds to make sure they lost to Bradford Park Avenue. This was confirmed when his team ended up tying and the truth came out. So as you can see, Italy is in NO way the only league to experience problems. Unfortuantely this is a much bigger problem then even you make it out to be. This happens in a lot of countries, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in more and is just not uncovered. And I've probably missed some scandals.