Thread: Help :(
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
True, but Windreaver is correct from a bigger picture standpoint. Geez, she is 23 (almost 24). Plenty of time to learn. It's the same when I help a young apprentice in their twenties learn the ropes (I'm 44). They don't do it the way I do it...they are much less efficient...I have to resist doing it for them. They make mistakes. But over time, you see the growth....the confidence...and then before you know it, they are not only doing it right but are adding their own unique touch.

I'm more than happy to watch this new Alizée unfold. Mistakes? Yes. But over time, watch the growth...the confidence. It may take a while. Hang in there. It won't be the same as if you were actually involved with the helping, but you can still feel a part of the enterprise solely in your support as a fan.

And when the day comes when she clicks on another big hit...one predominately of her own making and development, you can look back with pride knowing you were there....through the ups and downs....all the way.

(sigh)
When reading this post, I felt like one of Lily's friends...
You've made my day