View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

Greetings from Switzerland !

I realised it was about time I updated what happened with the interview. Well I'd love to be able to say that the player knew Alizee personally and he gave me her number but I don't think anyone's THAT lucky.

Anyway here's how it went down.

The interview was going well and we had struck up a rapport and shared a few jokes so I felt comfortable enough to ask about Lili.I just casually mentioned my plans to see her live on tour later in the year and the coincidence that he used to play for her hometown club.

He was more than happy to talk and he told me that his niece used to ask him all the time whether he ever saw her as she was , and he thinks still is , a huge Alizee fan.He also said that apparently you could tell if she was at a game as the crowd size increased shortly after kick-off as word got around that Lili was at the match.He did say that this was the story he was told but he could never be sure himself and doesn't know whether it was true or not.

Overall while he was aware of Alizee's fame and success (particularly noticable at that time) he never actually met her or saw her at the stadium.Of course he may not have been telling me the truth but I have no reason to doubt him.

That said my name-dropping of Alizee may have had a more profound effect than I realised , as France's performances have been terrible in the Euros so maybe they've been too distracted after I planted the Lili bomb in the camp.

So there we have it.Not as exciting as it might have been but interesting nonetheless.Thanks to everyone for their advice in helping me to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuated View Post
If it doesn't harm the integrity of your job too much, might i ask which player(s) on the current squad used to play for Ajaccio? Or more specifically who are you interviewing for Les Bleus?
As promised before , the player in question was Sebastien Squillaci of Lyon.A very pleasant guy and a fun interviewee.

The other players interviewed were :

- Lilian Thuram (A real gent)
- Jeremy Toulalan (A good laugh)
- Thierry Henry (Great , if you get him in the right mood)
- Patrice Evra (Always a responsive interviewee)
- Franck Ribery (Very interesting character)

I don't think they are in quite the same frame of mind now though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett
Seriously, that WAS harder than it sounds.
I'm pathetic.
Not just me then !