View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I accept her change as well, but there was a certain aura about 2003 Alizée, I do not know what it is, personally there is to be no real difference, it is the same person, but I guess it was the fact that her image was to be more of a mature type, but still not a grown up, and this year(2003) just drove me insane in the membrane.

It could've been the whole naturality of things, the casuality of her dress, I mean the JEAM/JPVA/ACC styles weren't that fancy at all. It could've been that smile and sparkle when singing ACC, or the adorable little vocal hiccup on JEAM, or the melodic "nananas" on JPVA, or perhaps the ever-so natural reactions that really highlighted herself in such interviews like Fun TV and others. Sure, the old Alizée would be missed, but i'm happy I discovered her when I did (2000), and stuck along her for the ride, through everything, and I guess it's sort of a parental feeling (creepy as it is me being 5 years younger than her), I wouldn't trade it for the world.

She's growing up, I guess this is what my parents must've felt like when I changed from their happy and jolly little boy to an intrusive prog-metalhead who'd trade dinner for an extra hour of guitar playing.