View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 02:06 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I've noticed much the same reaction from people who I've played her new material for. Some of her new songs are very good but they just don't have the same magic of her earlier performances. So much has changed. From the way she dresses, the way she styles her hair, the fact that she seldom dances any more to even the small things like the stage background. The music and the lyrics of her new material may be very good but they're still a far cry from what MF and LB provided for her. What is she going to do now to try and win back her French fan base?
I think its because her songs took on the same instruments as any typical band, laurent and mylene had a way of throwing all manners of instruments into the song, and each time you listen to the songs, you feel this very magical sparkle, the instruments she uses now, makes you focus more on mood and expressing feelings. Typical band play eh?
I think what gave her an advantage when she was with mylene was the three focus points that were all hit with devastating force in the form of her songs. The sparkle that Farmer was able to put into the sound she produces with the instruments, Boutonnats addicting tune he puts into his lyrics and last of all was Alizee herselfs vocally enhanced voice. While im not really a huge fan of voice enhancement, her ability to tame this huge voice range and ability to move her voice with near perfect accuracy with the tune really won me over. As for what shes gonna do to win back lost fans, i say pass out free cookies, everyone likes cookies