View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 03:04 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road
Default Energy saving lightbulbs, a srs post

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-LOtKIIKcg

I know most of you probably don't care much about this subject, but I thought I'd post it anyway. With gas pretty much 4 dollars a gallon here, I've been trying to find ways to save money and attempt to be a good citizen by "helping the environment" So, I bought some of these lightbulbs for lights that stay on a lot in my house. First thing I noticed is that they take 2 or 3 minutes to fully light up. They also say they're equal to 100 watt, but they're not nearly as bright. You also can't use them if you have anything with a dimmer.

Now I find out that these "energy saving" lightbulbs contain mercury and you have to pretty much evacuate your house if one gets broken. And yes, this is all on the box. I love how we've been tricked into buying these things by telling us we're helping the environment and saving energy, when its just another way for the government to cop out and outsource from China. I guess I'll take this as a lesson learned to read everything I buy, and not be stupid enough to spend 40 bucks on lightbulbs.

/rant