Thread: Sad Story
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
That is so sad.

I was eating in this little diner today, and I could see the cook and I noticed he was real quite and was sorta in this daze state. Sorta like he wasn't all there. He stayed like this and it was just him and one waitress in there cause its a little place. She would talk to him to tell him things and he would just do them, but not really acknowledge he heard anything. I wondered what was up. I didnt see him smile or open his mouth one time. He was doing everything with total concentration and focus, and considering how young he looked his seriousness just seemed off. He turned around and it finally caught my attention. He had dog tags on. It is an odd thing what war does to people. You can just see it in their eyes. It's like they never stopped fighting, and almost like they are still in the service. But as the marines will say: once a marine, always a marine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
...Its obvious hes going through post dramatic stress. Once again its just a sad, sad thing!
A friend of mine fought in Vietnam in special forces. He would spend long stretches of time in the field, alone (often living off the land).

When he came home he was totally different. His wife would wake up in the middle of the night and find him behind the chair in the bedroom holdling a knife.

It took him MANY years, and a lot of counseling, to get past it.