Thread: Earthquake!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
surprisingly there was a quake here in Indiana area about, i guess, 3 or 4 months ago

it was nothing serious - around 3am and i barely remember it...half asleep and all

at first i thought it was a train but the shaking was a lot more than that created by a train - it was a weird sensation

supposedly there a quakes ever so often in the Great Lakes region, which is created by a rebound effect from the ice age. There use to be a lot more ice/water in this region which of course put a lot of strain/weight on the ground

that compressed the ground and now that it's gone the ground is "rebounding" from the lack of weight - or at least that's what i remember hearing
Yeah, I remember hearing about that (I am in Indiana as well), but I slept right through it and never felt a thing. I remember my grandma telling me that she felt it. I seen on the news a few hours ago a story about the quakes in Cali, glad to hear it wasn't that bad. There was a mention of a big one that should hit sometime in the next 30 years and it said it should be equal to the 6.9 or bigger .

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!