View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road
Default The metal thread

What's your jam, this is the thread for the METAL! I thought i'd make this thread for the more "musically aware" folks of the forum, to have our own little discussions thread about our metal discovery stories, our favorite bands, latest metal news, upcoming albums to look forward to, and other discussions that LITERALLY KICK THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYTHING!

This is an extension of our little Alizée-America Social Group:
The Metalheads' Alizée Club

(Currently the most populous of all the Alizée America social groups )

I'll start it off basically:

Preferably my favorite band is Opeth, as you all can see from my signature. They are probably one of the most musically oriented and talented bunch of the modern time, incorporating keyboards, acoustic guitars, clean and growling vocals, and other stuff that adds to an epic journey in each of their 10 minute or longer songs.

They were one of the first bands I ever listened to, I was 7 years old, and before that I think I can say I was embarrassed at what I listened to, but now i've never felt more proud to say i'm an Opeth fan, i'm a metalhead, and screw modern rap. I remember when I got a hold of their "Orchid" album, I was blown away. Aside from that I also got my hands on Dream Theater's "Awake" album, and it showed me a whole world of metal's infinite possibilities.

Here I am today, i've got about over 240+ Metal bands in my list, can't say I listen to all of them all the time, but I enjoyed every single one of them at one point in my life.

So what's yours?

PS.
Any of the pioneers can be discussed as well (Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc.)

Keep Rocking!
-Barrett