Thread: I'm Worried
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 03:38 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Tough question, I heard that the concert for the en Concert DVD wasn't sold out something around 70% capacity if I remeber right. But personally I actually like her voice more than Mylene's lyrics and Laurent's music. At times I find that her voice is buried under Laurent's music and wish you could hear more of it. I also wish she would sing live more to gain more confidence and power in her voice. But back to your question I don't think any other French artist had the success Moi Lolita had, and compared to it her new albums aren't going to be as popular, but Mes Courants Electriques still sold on par with other French albums. And I do enjoy her covers which shows she doesn't need Mylene and Laurent to deliver a performance. And if she moves in a new direction so what, yes it will alienate some fans, but it will also attract new ones. I don't listen to pop music outside of a few French artists, so it doesn't bother me if she grows as an artist. I can't say I will like something I haven't heard but don't expect not liking it. And as for what she looks like, she's a singer why the hell would I not listen to her songs based on what she looks like. The fact that's she's cute is only an added bonus, but not one I require to enjoy her singing. And one final point to this rambling is that some said that she was a one hit wonder after Moi Lolita and she was finished, yet she released two more albums (counting en Concert). Don't be so skeptical it takes a lot of work and time to create an album, especially those created outside of the world of manufactured pop music.

Last edited by Twitch; 10-13-2006 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: I shouldn't be allowed to type this late at night...