View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:03 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
Is it possible that she's become a little, for lack of a better word, complacent with regard to her fans. I don't mean this in a bad way, I'm just saying that perhaps she's become accustomed to our unwavering devotion and love, regardless of her level of fan-interaction. Because honestly, even if she hasn't acknowledged or shown appreciation for the support, it hasn't stopped people from posting "je t'aime" on her myspace daily. The PM is a good idea, as it might wake her from this reverie she's in ("Its okay if I don't thank them, they'll still be here tomorrow...").

I could be completely wrong though. She might be too busy, or even better, she might be preparing to throw a concert so unbelievably spectacular, she will never have to thank us again .

But let's face it, we do spoil her with our steadfast love and support . I doubt any other artist can maintain such a powerful fan base with the level of interaction she is currently displaying. But then again, she's Lili.
Well, I don't know how that could be in a neutral way, but I think you may be right.
She was almost unheard from for almost 4 years and still had a horde of adoring fans. But there were some differences between then and now. I don't hold it against her that she doesn't post messages on her MySpace, but she seems to have no organised public relations campaign nor is she close with her fans.

Her Alizee-officiel.com web site news section was not even edited recently enough to bother mentioning her concerts. If we want to advertise her, there's no good official place to send people since no one maintains any site well enough.

It's cool to have an official site like she's big enough and popular enough to have it and it's pretty and all, but if she doesn't even add a little text to say I'm going to be doing a concert on this date, go here to find out what's going on or I'm going to be on Star Academy on this date, check it out here, then I don't know what. The MySpace is the closest thing there is to an official site where new fans can go and there are no links there to more information or fan sites. She effectively has barely any official presence in this world. Therefore, her fans are carrying her. That's fine. That's great - to the degree it works.

I think we must be careful to not start expecting too much from her, but for her own sake I think she needs to realize she has gotten complacent or it looks like it. I don't know if she can any longer create a sense of mystery that bates people's interest, but any way you look at it, there needs to be a place where people can count on getting the latest news and there needs to regularly be some news.

Merci Fanny