View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I can't help but to think the US and international fans are out in the cold on this one. She'll take care of her loyal French fans and of course she will be back in Mexico.
If ticket sales were as low as reported, then international sales made up a rather large part of them. And of course we're the one's hardest hit by this. So even if it doesn't make the most business sense, I'd be very disappointed if any compensation event for the delay didn't somehow acknowledge us. And that's all I'll say on the matter until we hear more.

Sorry if my comments seem too negative. More so on AF than on here, people are asking if we should "blame Alizée" for this. I don't see why that matters. This isn't about faith in Alizée as an individual, but in her as an artist and as a business. I don't care who's at fault here or why - it happened. I don't blame Alizée personally because I don't even think that far. She's an entertainer, being her fan is supposed to be fun, not a headache. We've all been more than willing to do our part, but we're not seeing a return on that effort anymore. So I have to wonder how much it's worth it.

It's like with the current presidential debates. Both candidates try to blame the other for all the problems in our country at the moment. But I always find myself thinking, "I don't care who's fault it is, I just want to know who has the better plan to get us out of it!" Unfortunately, we haven't been hearing of any solutions to Alizée's problems from her camp.

So sure an explanation would be nice, but it's not really going to mean anything until things start to change. And I don't care who makes that happen as long as it does. If it's out of Lili's ability, then that's a real shame and I feel sorry for her. But I'm not gonna throw myself on a sword either. There's more to life than this. My first nephew was born last week, for instance, and it's not right that I've been worrying about this more the past few days than been thinking about his sweet face.

Last edited by Ben; 10-09-2008 at 04:10 AM..